[A16] Ubie's Quality of Life Mods (3 mods) (ud:12/20/16)

Started by theubie, September 03, 2016, 07:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

Omg it's awesome. Simple and awesome.

I haven't even look how it's done but could it be extend to grow-zone as well ?

Thx again for the mod

theubie

I didn't look into the growing zones to see what their base designator is.  I'll look at it when I get a chance, but if they come from the same base designator_zone then it shouldn't be too difficult.

theubie

Trading spot updated to v 1.0.6 to fix a mistake that caused large trader animals (muffalos and other big 'uns) to still be hungry.  Steam update coming shortly.

mabor0shi

Quote from: theubie on September 03, 2016, 07:13:21 PM
Tired of the same old boring pink stockpiles?  Are you OCD about how you want your base to look, but don't like hiding your stockpiles?  Want to make stockpile pixel art?
1. Indeed!
2. Very Much!
3. Wat?
I love Trading Spot, so simple and effective. Lookin forward to Recolor Stockpile, I hate the current colors and was wishin for more variety. I hadn't even thought to wish for custom colors! I hope it works on growing zones. thx Ubie
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

theubie

Quote from: mabor0shi on September 28, 2016, 08:01:05 PM
Quote from: theubie on September 03, 2016, 07:13:21 PM
Tired of the same old boring pink stockpiles?  Are you OCD about how you want your base to look, but don't like hiding your stockpiles?  Want to make stockpile pixel art?
1. Indeed!
2. Very Much!
3. Wat?
I love Trading Spot, so simple and effective. Lookin forward to Recolor Stockpile, I hate the current colors and was wishin for more variety. I hadn't even thought to wish for custom colors! I hope it works on growing zones. thx Ubie

I did not make it for Growing zones, but it's been requested (if you look at the direct download link you'll find the bug/feature requests at the bottom of the page) so I'll see about adding it when I get a chance to work on the mod again.

mabor0shi

Quote from: theubie on September 28, 2016, 08:03:35 PM
I did not make it for Growing zones, but it's been requested (if you look at the direct download link you'll find the bug/feature requests at the bottom of the page) so I'll see about adding it when I get a chance to work on the mod again.
:-[ sorry dude, i just saw that and was about to edit my last post. The growing zones bother me so much because there r only a few colors + they blend with plants & dirt. But it will b great to go change all my stockpile colors. This is one of those mods that, once u hear of it, u can't believe someone only just now came up with it.
Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

theubie

I can relate to that.  When I get a chance to come back and add the feature, I'll do so.  It's a good one.  It might be quick or it might take a while.  Depends on if it comes from the base designator_zone and how much it overrides. 

Jamestec

I have a question about Trading Spot.
How come you don't allow moving or placing new Trading Spots when there's a trader on the map?
Because in Tick() you do update Travel and DefendPoint destinations; I compiled my own version where you can move/place a trading spot and it works flawlessly with no errors and gets rid of bug 261. But I don't know much about reflection so yea.

Also your code to only allow one Trading Spot no longer works, I think
if (listerBuildings.allBuildingsColonist[i].Label == "trading spot")
should be
if (listerBuildings.allBuildingsColonist[i] is TradingSpot)

theubie

Quote from: Jamestec on October 11, 2016, 02:07:50 AM
I have a question about Trading Spot.
How come you don't allow moving or placing new Trading Spots when there's a trader on the map?
Because in Tick() you do update Travel and DefendPoint destinations; I compiled my own version where you can move/place a trading spot and it works flawlessly with no errors and gets rid of bug 261. But I don't know much about reflection so yea.

Also your code to only allow one Trading Spot no longer works, I think
if (listerBuildings.allBuildingsColonist[i].Label == "trading spot")
should be
if (listerBuildings.allBuildingsColonist[i] is TradingSpot)

Moving the trading spot while active traders were on the map allows you to use them as meat shields against raiders, and thus generated a lot of complaints about this being something that was too easy to "cheese".  Locking it while there were traders active was the least intrusive way of dealing with that cheese.

The reason it is checking for the label instead of the type is because I was using the label on a debug version and didn't switch the code back to checking the type.  The next release version will address that.

CannibarRechter

Hi, Ubie,

With Manhunter packs, I can already double click on downed manhunters, and then select "hunt" to kill them all.

With your Mechanoid mod, I can do something similar for Mechanoids.

However, if I have downed Raiders, there doesn't appear to be any option other than to strip them all and let them die of exposure. So. Hint, hint. ;-P
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

theubie

Sadly there isn't an easy in game mechanic for making that happen.  I'll look into seeing if there's something that could be written that would do the job.

RommePawn

I think I found a bug, how to reproduce:

Place trading spot, execute incident: TraderCaravanArrival, wait until they figure out they need to go to the trade spot, save, load.

"You can not place or move your trading spot when active traders are on the map"

Trading spot is now gone.

Spawn another and watch as they gather somewhere else.

The "you can not.." should only happen when the player places the spot. How would I go about removing this function? I order about 10 traders every day of the summer so I always have traders around during this time. Not being able to have a trade spot just because I took a break while it was summer is a bit annoying.

theubie

It's already on the bug tracker, but thank you for reporting it.  As for the functionality, you can not remove it unless you decompile the code, change the internal function, then recompile as it's in the assembly itself.

Rock5

Quote from: theubie on September 20, 2016, 11:34:06 AM
Trading spot doesn't change any of the trader's behavior.  It just changes the target they choose to go to when they are on the map.
That's what I would expect from this mod but don't you say in the description that it changes the pack animal hunger? Animals being hungry and eating is a normal core function. Is it possible to get a version that doesn't mess with the animals hunger?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport