[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

There was one mod that let you either remove traits, get a random new one, or it might have been both. I can't really remember, but it is out there, as I was looking at it last week.

wwWraith

Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: wwWraith on January 23, 2018, 07:18:30 PM
But vampirism is not a trait, it's a hediff.

I was thinking about the werewolf and classes from TMagic.

Canute

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 23, 2018, 06:12:52 PM
There was one mod that let you either remove traits, get a random new one, or it might have been both. I can't really remember, but it is out there, as I was looking at it last week.
With cults, you can sacrifice a deity (can't remeber which one) what he rewrite your bad backstory which result that your pawn isn't longer incapable of some things.
Other deity can give you psychopath/cannibal traits.

Rocket_Raccoon

Per developer options you can simply remove the vampire condition. I just wanted to know if somebody already did so or with werewolfes as to prevent errors ; First hand experience if you want to call it like that :D
Don´t want to start a new colony, that´s the reason for asking.

Canute

You don't need a new colony.
Just an extra safe before you do this.
Then remove the vampire/ww things play a few days in hurry up mode.
Safe it to another, load it and check if you have trouble.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on January 24, 2018, 12:08:57 PM
Just an extra safe
play a few days in hurry up mode.
Safe it to another

I think we could all use some extra safe every now in then in hurry up mode  ;)

WitchLyfe

I do think ghouls are pretty OP right now.  They're better than full blooded vampires in a lot of cases.  No daytime penalty, can heal instantly and use a bit of magic.  In all my vampire playthroughs, my hospital goes completely unused.  I just make sure to feed vitae to all my non vamp colonists every 2-3 days and they always have enough to heal from social fights, raids, or manhunter issues.  My one vampire can keep at least half a dozen fed herself (Especially if she can feed off blood on the ground).

I wonder if there could be an option to make their abilities a bit weaker or something?  Or make it harder to manage so many ghouls.  I'm sure some people don't mind, but I'd like making a ghoul to be about as difficult as a decision as making a vampire.  They should have some trade off, right?  Right now there's really no reason not to make your human colonists ghouls.  I've never had any of them go berserk from lack of vitae and I usually only have 1 or maybe 2 vamps a run to feed them.  Only downside for all that extra survivability and combat power right now is that my vamp has to waste a few hours running around to feed them all every few nights (But since they're usually my researcher or crafter, not a big deal).

Vampirism I'm usually really stingy with in comparison since they'll be crippled during the day.  Can't have my main builders, healers, and social pawns become them because they'd be useless during a lot of emergencies.  No issue with making them ghouls though.  Actually now that I think about it, how do ghouls manage in long caravans?  Can they starve out on vitae in them?  I haven't tried sending out any yet.  I guess that's one thing to consider.  I always plant myself a day or less walk from a allied colony or two for trading, so it hasn't be an issue yet.

Still haven't figured out anything about revenats yet either.

Harry_Dicks

WitchLyfe, I think with the new Rim of Madness Blood Cults, you can store blood. It is still a work in progress, so it might have some bugs or unfinished things, but it looks fucking awesome! You can grab it from the Rim of Madness Team github, here https://github.com/Rim-Of-Madness-Team/Call-of-Cthulhu---Cults-Blood-of-Uvhash

WitchLyfe

Yay, new release fixes the dark global work speed penalties.  Does extracting blood still cause penalties?  Oh it's -2, I think it used to be worse.  I guess that's manageable.  Seems like extracting blood is actually worth it and working properly now.

AllenWL

Is there anywhere where I can read about what the specifics of what the mods do? Like, a wiki or something?
I've tried looking, but couldn't find anything.

Also, I tried making a 1st generation vampire then use prepare carefully to customize their looks, but the moment you open the 'prepare carefully' screen, the vampireism turns to gen 10~13, rather than whatever generation you had before.

Canute

Prepare carefully is pretty old and the vampires are new.
And ofcouse they don't 100% well together.
Just remove the 10-13 bloodline inside PC and add the one you wanted.

But my suggestion, vampire are allready very powerful, when you create an elder one right at start he is very overpowered.

Harry_Dicks

I believe you will also get errors if you make them that low of a generation, playable but with errors. In case anyone hasn't read, that is not the intent behind them I believe, but rather a side consequence.

knainoa

Anybody know why my visitors and guests won't attend sermons?

Canute

And why do you think they should attend them ?
They removed or fixed that that non colony pawn want to attend them with the B18 version.