[A15] CK - Animal & Plant Pack v1.3.1 (11/04/16)

Started by Coercion, September 19, 2016, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coercion

Quote from: BlueWinds on September 22, 2016, 04:22:03 AM
It depends on what you mean by unique items that they drop. Something like agave fruit or berries are fine by me - they're vegetable ingredients, maybe with a little something unique (no bad mood for being eaten raw), but are otherwise used as normal vegetable food. Berries can be used in meals, just like corn.

Basically it's not the custom foods that I'd like separated out, it's the recipes. Sugar cane growing in the jungle, which drops glutinous food when harvested and can be used in meals? Sure, no problem there. Raw sugar + "Refine sugar" recipe + coco beans + "Make chocolate" recipe = the piece I'd prefer to leave for an add-on.

We are working this internally.

We will probably have all animals, plants and harvestables (e.g. cocoa beans, coffee beans, etc.) in the base mod (CK Animal & Plant Pack) and then create another (CK Food & Drug Pack) that will depend on the core mod, that contains food and drug recipes (e.g. chocolate, coffee, cigarettes, etc.) If we decide to go this route, it should address your issue.

gillsminnow

Just a suggestion, if you could do separate that would be amazing but could you have plants that are able to be harvested in the separate branch (pun intended) too? I only ask as there's a lot which is duplicates of Vegetable Garden mod.

Like I absolutely LOVE the work done with the extra trees and ferns etc but had to go through and remove bamboo, bananas etc as Vegetable Garden has all of these already. It was quite immersion killing having two different sets and graphics for bananas. One set of bamboo which gave bamboo and another that gave vanilla wood etc. I kept the Taro in there as that was new and unique.

Would you be able to use/duplicate VG's code so the bananas etc are all the same? If so then that would be a decent workaround I believe.

kaptain_kavern

gillsminnow : I will do a VegGarden patch to link our plants to VG recipes and such. It's a promise buddy ;) but please let us time to settle things down ^^ With Coercion we're just keep expand the scope of the mod everyday now and it will be a big mod if things continue like that, with the project maturing (and when I will be less busy adding codes and Coco doing textures) I will seriously see for compatibility patches (ADogSaid, VG, The new Jekill cigarette mods, etc)

Just please bear with us, it is just the beginning  ;) (Also feel free to contribute on Github with code directly or leaving suggestions in the issue tracker, I may end up activating the wiki feature too maybe :p )

BlueWinds Ok then I think you will be pleased because that's how we see things too. Added recipes will be separated (I will go modular for simplicity of use, but even if I hadn't, it would have been easy to erase them : added recipes will be necessarily in another set of folder and files)

Serenity

Sounds good. Aside from the artwork, that's one reason I haven't tried Vegetable Garden. I like the basic idea, but in some areas it also tries to do too much and adds things I don't want. Like craftable neutroamine or plants that yield metal. While that are things some people want, they go beyond the scope of the original mod. But as an option it's fine.

gillsminnow

Kinda agree with what Serenity said. But VG is one of my favourite mods. I also am not a fan of plants that yield metal but dismar in a recent update has locked the metal yielding plants behind research so they don't even appear in the grow zone list unless you've researched them. After playing with it a while too the art seems to kind've fit, it's certainly a lot better than a lot of mods which are out there.

Cheers kap and coercion. I don't mean to throw stuff at you guys too soon and often but I REALLY see a lot of scope with this mod in overhauling the biomes and offering suggestions is my way of trying to help. Apologies if it sounds pushy at any time, I don't mean it to.

Coercion

no worries. feel free to provide any feedback or suggestions you have :)

SpaceDorf

Good Job Guys.

I have been playing the Improved Jungle all day and even starting out with 7 Tribespeople embarking to build a new home, I have not made a real dent in this green hellhole.
A panda mauled one of my timberwolves and one of my guys lost a hand.

It's going great.

--- EDIT ---

Oh. Alphabeavers Spawned *lol* on the other end of the map
next to a tiger, a leopard and a panther .. well .. lets see how far they get

--- 2nd EDIT ---

And you should consider some beauty modifiers on the new plants.
-27 on the corpse flower I get.
But all other trees and flowers don't have any. So my people are constantly whining on how ugly the environment is and 3-4 minor breaks in the first season alone are strange.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Coercion

Thanks for the feedback. I am glad that you are enjoying the jungle :)

Some of the other plants do have beauty, but not much. So, we will probably increase the beauty of the tropical flowers in the next patch. Do you find the rafflesia too common though? We can make it rarer if it is.

res34

Just a quick question, but does this mod affect weather in any way? I'm trying to figure out whether this or another mod I have (Enhanced Forests A15) is doing so, not because of any problems, but because I actually really enjoy that there are tropical rainstorms and such, which really gives the rainforest its name.

Coercion

This mod adds tropical weather (tropical rain, tropical rainstorms, etc.) It also makes tropical rainstorms extremely common.

I am not sure what Enhanced Forests does, but this mod probably overwrites all of the changes that Enhanced Forests makes.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Coercion on September 22, 2016, 08:02:53 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I am glad that you are enjoying the jungle :)

Some of the other plants do have beauty, but not much. So, we will probably increase the beauty of the tropical flowers in the next patch. Do you find the rafflesia too common though? We can make it rarer if it is.

No, the flower is perfect, not to much. But the other flowers don't counter the negative bonus of dirt floor, which hte vanilla plants like grass and trees do.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Coercion

Currently, the plants have the following beauty: Heliconia: 5/ Bromeliad: 3/ Bamboo: 3/ Mahogany Tree: 2/ Strangler Fig: 2/ Palm Tree: 1/ Coconut Palm: 1

I think raising fern beauty to 1 may solve the problem.

hendrikpfaff

Welp i found another way to waste my life and still have fun doing it...
Playing with this mod :D.

Coercion

I am glad that you are enjoying it :)

Let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions.