[1.0][WH40k] Astra Militarum Imperial Guard Mod v1.9 (19/10/18) V1.0 Updat

Started by QuantumX, September 28, 2016, 09:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevrun

I've been playing around with the core mod and really like it as a late game extension.

but now I've gotta choose between this and Combat Extended.  Not going to pester you about a patch, but I will suggest that it would open up your mod to a lot of people that might not try it otherwise when you get to a point that you feel comfortable looking into it.

P.S.  ORKS FOR DA WAAAAAGH!  In case you're taking suggestions for what to do next ;)

QuantumX

Quote from: sevrun on December 17, 2017, 03:40:50 PM
I've been playing around with the core mod and really like it as a late game extension.

but now I've gotta choose between this and Combat Extended.  Not going to pester you about a patch, but I will suggest that it would open up your mod to a lot of people that might not try it otherwise when you get to a point that you feel comfortable looking into it.

P.S.  ORKS FOR DA WAAAAAGH!  In case you're taking suggestions for what to do next ;)

So you're the second person to ask me about Combat Extended, seems that it would be a massive amount of work to make them compatible, where i would have to have my mod rely on Combat Extended or provide a "Combat Extended" Addon Mod for my Mod.. I'll have another look at it, but atm i'm working on the next major update to the Core Mod in to have Augmentations etc. Plus next faction is likely to be Traitor Marines for Faction Addon on, then maybe Orks.

sevrun

Traitor Marines...  now that's some serious trouble there! :)  for the colony I mean.

Don't sweat a CE addon, I only posed it as an idea for later down the line.  What you've done so far is impressive.  I've debated starting to dabble in modding Rimworld but I honestly wouldn't know where to start.

Canaris

Yeah, CE compatibility would be awesome ...
The thing is - i can live without Traitor factions, Orks etc.
I CANT without Combate Realism/Combat Extended.. :( That mod became one of those absolute must have essentials that i cant play without :(
Phoneposter - typos will happen.

Umbreon117

Quote from: Canaris on December 26, 2017, 11:57:15 AM
Yeah, CE compatibility would be awesome ...
The thing is - i can live without Traitor factions, Orks etc.
I CANT without Combate Realism/Combat Extended.. :( That mod became one of those absolute must have essentials that i cant play without :(
I prefer having CE purely so I don't need 90 sniper shots to kill one guy. I really wish there was a "lite" version that simply makes it easier to kill a part, rather making it completely realistic.

That realism also makes it harder to make other mods useable with it. :/
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Canaris

Quote from: Umbreon117 on December 26, 2017, 01:49:22 PM
Upped damage is actually one of those changes that i dont notice that much.
Im talking more about the longer ranges, backpacks, tac vests, supression, ammo, loadouts etc.

Links removed - i will make a separate thread for it.
Phoneposter - typos will happen.

phas

Uhm i can't build imperial drop pods attached to imperial launchers. I've no valid building position.

Canute

Hi,
what is the idea behind the Imperial solar panel ?
Just the look?
Because it got the same amout of HP and energy output, but need imp. compnent and Ceramite.
I would await at last more HP (from the Ceramite) and maybe better power output (from the Imp. component).

ChJees

Quote from: Canute on January 17, 2018, 07:46:12 AM
Hi,
Just the look?
Because it got the same amout of HP and energy output, but need imp. compnent and Ceramite.
I would await at last more HP (from the Ceramite) and maybe better power output (from the Imp. component).

That puzzled me a lot about the solar panel. A lot more expensive panel which does the same.

ChaosChronicler

found something odd.

When I launch regular drop pods they turn into imperial drop pods, then back to regular pods when landing. Nothing pops up in the error log.

QuantumX

Quote from: Canute on January 17, 2018, 07:46:12 AM
Hi,
Just the look?

So i have not worked out how to make the imperial solar panels output more as solar power output seems to be hardcoded, but i suppose i could make sure they are alot tougher.. ATM they are more a aesthetic build item.

QuantumX

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on January 17, 2018, 03:02:06 PM
found something odd.

When I launch regular drop pods they turn into imperial drop pods, then back to regular pods when landing. Nothing pops up in the error log.

So this is something that is hardcoded from drop pod graphics, i use xpath to make my graphics be used, its not an error. But offset is the regular pods now use my graphics for take off and landing :)

Canute

<basePowerConsumption>-1</basePowerConsumption>
is the value you are looking for.
If you change it from -1 to -2 it produce twiche so much energy.

QuantumX

Quote from: Canute on January 29, 2018, 11:05:18 AM
<basePowerConsumption>-1</basePowerConsumption>
is the value you are looking for.
If you change it from -1 to -2 it produce twiche so much energy.

Really i tried that and it did not work...