[A15][WIP] Taiga Creatures

Started by Thirite, September 30, 2016, 12:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

Hey look what I've committed done with the .psd/.xcf files you provide (thanks for that ;))

As I'm a complete noob about all of this I'm quite happy on how it looks (I just re-cut a bigger layer with zebra texture the same shape as the horse). But I have completely no idea on how to the face and back version while keeping the impression it is the same animal (on how to draw the zebra's, in which direction and all of that) :p

So, deal with it  :P It was more to say thank you for the psd files

Hydromancerx

The zebra should have vertical stripes on its chest. More like this.

Thirite

Quote from: Hydromancerx on October 16, 2016, 10:07:02 PM
I made you some woolly rhino art (see attachments). The art needs a bit of cleaning up but it should get you started.

Oh hey, not bad. I haven't had a lot of time recently, but I'll see if I can work on getting this into the mod sometime soon.

Hydromancerx

Quote from: Thirite on October 27, 2016, 12:23:55 AM
I made you some woolly rhino art (see attachments). The art needs a bit of cleaning up but it should get you started.
Oh hey, not bad. I haven't had a lot of time recently, but I'll see if I can work on getting this into the mod sometime soon.

Thank you! I look forward to them!

Pajama Zach

These are gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing more.

demeggy

Pink Omega

Great mod!
I also have an suggestion, what about re-doing the Jackalope texture using a vanilla hare?
I think it would be more vanilla-like.

<=To Be Continued/\/

Thirite

I'm not 100% happy with the Jackalope graphic, but I thought the vanilla hare graphic was sort of lackluster in comparison to the other vanilla animals, hence why I made my own.

Thirite

I used your art as a template and have integrated them in the mod. They'll be in the next testing release. ^^

kaptain_kavern

Oh the younger one is too cute  :)

Hydromancerx

The baby is soooo cute! Nice job!  8)

EDIT: Also kaptain_kavern made the code for for my Aurochs art. If you want to add those too be my guest. Otherwise these can stay as a stand alone mod. Combining just helps reduce the mod clutter. Here is the original post about them.

Thirite

Hm, I don't really see Aurochs fitting in. They look too much like modern cows to be unique and don't fit the bill for "taiga creatures".

Hydromancerx

Dose it help they were around during the ice age too?

Pink Omega

Hello! Can I ask you something? I'm currently doing a mod, so, in wich program did you made the creatures?

<=To Be Continued/\/

Thirite

I made them all using GIMP. If you download the mod and look inside the textures folder of each animal, you'll find the source xcfs so you can sort of see how I did things.