[A17] Napoleonic Age

Started by orannj, October 30, 2016, 12:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orannj

A17 Update---
Currently working on Prussian units.

Hey all.

I'm actually currently doing my graduate school work in history, though, and that is my real passion.

So! In light of that, I have decided to begin a Napoleonic era style mod to represent some of the major factions of that time period.

Rimworld fits pretty well with this, and the industrial era is a nice tech spot to stop for a while. :)

This is a TEST release. Features are included to consider this a normal release. Two factions who can raid, have uniforms and weapons. Only the items outlined below with a (Done) are complete.

Planned features:

Major factions: France(Done), Britain (Done)

Infantry Types:

France:
Line Infantry (Done)
Light Infantry (Done)
Officers

Britain:
Line Infantry (Done)
Rifles
Light Infantry (Done)
Cannon (Done - 4 pdr)
Officers (Done)

Weapons:

Charleville Musket (Done)
Brown Bess Musket (Done)
Baker Rifle (Done)
etc
Sabre Briquet French(Done)
British Rifles Sword Bayonet
British Infantry Officer Sword (Done)
etc
4(Done)12 pd Cannon

Possibly cavalry. They will probably be put in as just a separate pawnkind, since the mechanics of vehicle movement aren't really in.

Please let me know if there is something you would like to see, and especially let me know if you find any glaring problems. Thank you!

DL Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7d9u6vllEYQT2EyYi11MDZXckU

Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=790242814

Razzoriel

Hey there. I'm currently making a mod that concentrates a lot of the graphics from other mods, and this has an era which I don't have many textures from (Napoleonic age). Do you mind if i take them for my own mod, and obviously, refer to yours as the source? Thanks in advance!

orannj

jmababa

Nice mod but I'll us it when it is compatible with more mods

Commander Blackwatch

"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

orannj

Quote from: jmababa on October 30, 2016, 11:10:33 PM
Nice mod but I'll us it when it is compatible with more mods

What is incompatible? I have a good load of mods loaded alongside of it. If you're getting an error or problem with it, please let me know what it is! :)

jmababa

Medieval mod haha ofcourse just using medivial mod for the best fence mod ever

orannj

Updated; British officers added, some various tweaks and such. British officer sword also.

Riczo

Enjoying the mod but i believe i found a bug with the French uniform, well either that or my game is bugging out.
"French Line Infantry Tunic" appears twice on the tailoring bench. The only difference between them is that one requires 50 Cloth and the other 65.
Also the "French Light Infantry Tunic" has the exact same stats as the two line tunics.

ambivalence

Please, someone, update it :3 Looks atmospheric.

orannj

This has been updated. Google drive link down for now, will update soon. Steam link works.

kaptain_kavern

orannj

:p Yeah, a bit of a hiatus. Y'know, life and such.

Lucky_D20

is it Combat Extended compatible yet?

Canute

You are aware this is an A17 mod ?
If you speak about the B18 steam version, you should ask at the steam discussion about it.