[1.0+] Outer Galaxies (AKA Rimworld 2.0; now with 70's T-levels)

Started by Razzoriel, October 30, 2016, 04:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razzoriel

Quote from: Razzoriel on June 06, 2018, 11:35:59 AM
  • Biomes - 75% ready (needs testing)
  • Backstories - 70% ready (needs child backstories)
  • Weapons - 75% ready (needs testing)
  • Armor/Clothing - 85% ready (needs testing)
  • Traits- 85% ready (needs testing)
  • Resources (ores, food, etc) - 90% ready (needs finishing XML coding)
  • Diseases - 65% ready (needs testing)
  • Animals - 95% ready (needs final testing)
  • Buildings - 50% ready (needs XML coding)
  • Research - 50% ready (needs XML coding)
  • Recipes - 75% ready (still needs XML coding)
  • Vanilla patching- 70% ready

New stuff added. I'm glad to announce that thanks to the Rimworld community's artists Outer Galaxies will now feature eight new dog breeds, ranging from chiuahuas to wolfhounds. Additionally, I've consolidated several mods' trees and added several, meaning Outer Galaxies will feature not only dozens of metals to choose from, but also woods.

More specifically, I've delved into the wood database and use real-life physical data of about 35 tree species and added about 20 of my own to Rimworld. Now you'll be able to make yew bows, ebonywood maces and alder furniture, for example, each wood reflecting exactly what its real-life counterpart is for. Heavy wood species are more suitable for blunt weaponry; softer are better for fuel. Several elastic woods such as yew and applewood are better for bowyering, and lighter woods such as willow make excellent fast-hitting primitive weaponry. Every single tree is also distributed in realistic biomes, so you'll find ipe trees in tropical rainforests and yew in altitude-related biomes, for instance. Obviously, harder trees will take longer to be cut down and to be processed.

EDIT: I've received a couple PMs about Extended Woodworking and if OG subsumes it. Yes, it is exactly doing that, with a few quirks to the mod's changes. So anyone who runs it in their Rimworld games will know exactly what I'm talking about here.

rawrfisher

Got one working on the current stable?

I got time to spare so can test it for ya.  I dont do just 1 mod for testing tho lol
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Call me Arty

Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Razzoriel

Quote from: Call me Arty on September 12, 2018, 06:21:47 PM
Can't wait until Rimworld 2 is finished!
It was the plan all along to make it an unofficial expansion  ;D

rawrfisher

Got anything available for testing?  I will probly drive ya nuts with reports tho. 
Professional jerk

Razzoriel

Quote from: rawrfisher on September 12, 2018, 07:33:00 PM
Got anything available for testing?  I will probly drive ya nuts with reports tho.
Not right now. Things being coded still. Will PM everyone with the mod files once its ready.

rawrfisher

Ok

I will be mostly handling compatability with large mod lists.
Dont be suprised if I find strange errors tho I been plagued by a few recently
Professional jerk

zeodas

this sounds amazing! cant wait to play this mod! great work you are doing!

Call me Arty

I'm trying not to burn-out on Rimworld, so I'd love to download it some time again to see how well Outer Galaxies works by itself (and the definite QOL mods).
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Razzoriel

Quote from: Razzoriel on September 12, 2018, 05:05:40 PM
  • Biomes - 85% ready (needs testing)
  • Backstories - 70% ready (needs child backstories)
  • Weapons - 75% ready (needs testing)
  • Armor/Clothing - 85% ready (needs testing)
  • Traits- 85% ready (needs testing)
  • Resources (ores, food, etc) - 90% ready (needs finishing XML coding)
  • Diseases - 85% ready (needs testing)
  • Animals - 95% ready (needs final testing)
  • Buildings - 50% ready (needs XML coding)
  • Research - 50% ready (needs XML coding)
  • Recipes - 75% ready (still needs XML coding)
  • Vanilla patching- 85% ready

All trees are done, and the basis for new woodworking techniques is laid out. You now have to cut down the trees and either chop them into firewood for fuel or finely cut them into planks. If you want to use the wood for firearms or other assorted projects, you'll have to treat them first, which involves laying a product first then placing it in a drying rack.

Biomes are now coded to accept all new trees. Different species will grow in different biomes, in different amounts. I've also coded a framework to use something similar to what the mod Seeds Please! does; you have to harvest cultivars to acquire their seeds, and use such seeds when planting them. All biomes have some sort of edible food that can be planted and farmed, but first need to be worked to acquire seeds. The same framework exists for trees; you have to use the tree seeds to plant more. Trees work differently from cultivars in that you first need to place a tree seed with a pot, wait for it to grow into a sapling in a drying rack (for sunlight) then plant the saplings.

Do you own dogs? Do you like dogs? Do you wish your dog could be in Rimworld? Well, I have good news for you: Outer Galaxies will feature more 33 dog breeds, ranging from the Pinscher to the Great Dane. Is your dog not in the list? I'll open a donation fund for YOUR dog to be in. If the breed of your dog is not in the Outer Galaxies expansion, for a simple donation I'll put it in and hire an artist to do it.

All prosthetics are done, and multiple implants have been devised to make your soldier the ultimate android. Or maybe you want an implant that substitutes the forearm's bone with a short-range laser blaster. Or a liver that can provide life-saving heart pumping activity for your precious pawn.

There is enough new material for new pictures. I'll post them soon.

zmadz

woaah so many content can't wait to see how this looks like and more doggos aaaay dogs are best !

Canute

Human's fly so far in the outer galaxy, and what they find on a new planet ?
A new tribe of Yorkshire, looks like some other human explorer was here before and forget some of them.

Razzoriel

Quote from: Canute on September 29, 2018, 12:30:04 PM
Human's fly so far in the outer galaxy, and what they find on a new planet ?
A new tribe of Yorkshire, looks like some other human explorer was here before and forget some of them.
That's the whole idea, to mix ideas and concepts from previous colonizations that had different variations of technology. What vanilla Rimworld does is simply make neolithic, industrial and spacer-tech. I'll splice it up and make it possible for the classic variations of "what if armored crusaders went to war against space marines?".

Razzoriel

No changes to the current mod's progress since thanks to mister XeoNovaDan, Outer Galaxies will feature ammunition and reload systems! Colonists won't have to carry ammo, but each individual weapon has an ammo count that needs to be reloaded after each shot. Reloading is affected by the colonist's Shooting skill. Huge guns like miniguns tend to have longer reload times than pistols, for example.

Finished the new leather system; players will harvest animal hides, which when fresh, cannot be used in crafts. To make a leather industry, the player needs to make drying racks to let the hides dry and be ready for crafting. Dried hides can only be used in outer layer apparel, such as dusters or coats. To make shirts, players need to tan the hides into leathers. Apparel made from hides are more insulating than leather, but not as protective against physical harm.

SansMasterBudaa :3

But CE dont have those options???
I mean, i dont know if it will compatible with CE