[A15/A16] Enhanced Crafting

Started by AlcoholV, December 02, 2016, 09:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlcoholV

Description :
Provides enhanced bill capabilities and UI.

Features  :
- Rename bill
- Assign Worker
- Descending sort list
- Worker and transportation settings can be set in the bill overview window by icon
- Minimum stock threshold settings
- Improved quantity button UI

Update :
v1.1 Implement function key, A16 implement
- Shift-Click : Increase or decrease by 5x
- Ctrl-Click : Increase or decrease by 10x
- Alt-Click : Increase or decrease min stock count

Cautions :
Recommend start with a new game.
It is not compatible with the mod that following class overrided. (Crafting Hysteresis, etc)
: Bill, BillUtility, ITab_Bills, Bill_Production, Bill_ProductionWithUft, Dialog_BillConfig

Enhanced Crafting A16             Provides enhanced bill capabilities and UI.                                Github      WorkShop

SteelRev

Awesomeness. Will gladly disable crafting hysteresis for the ability to assign the workers.

14m1337

damn it! that's awesome!
the only thing is ... I really don't want to remove crafting hysteresis from my mods-in-use.

Could you combine your modding powers with ZorbaTHut's, so that your mod and Crafting Hysteresis can be combined into one mod ?
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

caesius

Quote from: 14m1337 on December 02, 2016, 10:54:06 PM
damn it! that's awesome!
the only thing is ... I really don't want to remove crafting hysteresis from my mods-in-use.

Could you combine your modding powers with ZorbaTHut's, so that your mod and Crafting Hysteresis can be combined into one mod ?

you dont need crafting Hysteresis. this mod includes the mod's function fully.

AlcoholV

Quote from: 14m1337 on December 02, 2016, 10:54:06 PM
damn it! that's awesome!

I am also a fan of crafting hysteresis.
When I realized that I would disable that mod, I had two choice.

1. Make it compatible.
I have tried many ways I can, because it is famous, and I also love it.  but the inheritance structure of the base class was complex and I realized that my skills are not possible at all.

2. Including all functions.
Both mods overriding the same class, but the internal structure is different. and this way could be blamed for copying despite being made with an MIT license.

So I decided to re-implement the core features of that mod and included it in the mod I made.
Not exactly the same, but you can use core functionality.

Canute

QuoteFeatures  :
- Assign Worker

A long wish became true ! :-)

14m1337

Quote from: caesius on December 03, 2016, 12:15:30 AM
you dont need crafting Hysteresis. this mod includes the mod's fuction fully.

I didn't recognize this. tyvm!
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.

Adalah217

I don't really understand why some reciepes become "Paused" rather than "SUSPENDED". What's the difference? And how can I disable it?

AlcoholV

Quote from: Adalah217 on December 04, 2016, 05:17:21 PM
I don't really understand why some reciepes become "Paused" rather than "SUSPENDED". What's the difference? And how can I disable it?

paused - It's activate when use "do until you have X". It means your product stack is over min stack threshold and under x. It will resume when stack count is under the min stack threshold value.
If you set min stack threshold to maximum(means set min stack threshold value equal to X) then it act as vanilla.

SUSPENDED - It means that the player has completely interrupted bill. It does not resume itself.

Adalah217

Quote from: AlcoholV on December 04, 2016, 06:19:48 PM
paused - It's activate when use "do until you have X". It means your product stack is over min stack threshold and under x. It will resume when stack count is under the min stack threshold value.
If you set min stack threshold to maximum(means set min stack threshold value equal to X) then it act as vanilla.

Doh. I didn't even see the "threshold" values. Its default was not the maximum. My bad. Thanks!

caesius

its cool mod but many people who already have used Crafting Hysteresis think that "using this mod = cant use C.H's function".

it would be good to mention the fact explicitly that "this mod 'includes' the C.H's function fully".
people seems to be coufused and unnoticed about it easily unless author mention things concretly in main thread.

Serenity

Fantastic :)

And yeah you should emphasize the CH functionality clearly. It becomes obvious when you think about it for a bit, but it's not immediately apparent.

14m1337

Quote from: Serenity on December 05, 2016, 10:49:22 AM
And yeah you should emphasize the CH functionality clearly. It becomes obvious when you think about it for a bit, but it's not immediately apparent.

you may see me as a good example for this theory

AlcoholV

If I declare this mod have all the features of the other specific mod,
someone might blame me for stolen ideas and be blamed as imitators.
I want to respect other people's ideas.
And actually it is a little different.

Fafn1r

There's a bug with infinite loop when I pick specific pawn for smelting weapons at electric smelter. It starts when I open the pick-pawn menu. My guess is, it tries to use Shooting skill to sort pawn names and fails somehow.

Also Achtung! (and newest Combat Realism) conflicts with EC and disables interrupting other pawn's job.