[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rah

Quote from: Pino on November 21, 2017, 03:35:22 PM
Nice work with the mod!
I noticed that bad back is not cured by a new bionic spine. Is that inteded? Or it's a glitch caused by the fact I started the save without the mod, and installed it later? IIRC in A17 a new spine removed bad back.

A bionic spine should still cure bad back. Do you have a mod that changes body parts in any way? And are you sure it was "bad back" and not "frail"? The latter can't be cured.

Pino

I have very few mods (colonist bar, craftable glitterworld med) so I don't think there are other mods involved. And I'm also sure it's bad back. I posted an image but somehow I failed, let's try with an image link: https://imgur.com/E7praIC

Rah

Try placing RBSE at the bottom of your mod list and see if that works. I can see in the image you posted that bad back is set to the torso, which is why it's not working for you. In this mod it correctly sets it to the spine.

Pino

Hm, so maybe it's because the pawn got bad back when the mod was not installed, then I installed the mod, crafted the spine and installed it? That would make sense (tried to move mod a bottom of the list, reloaded, no change).

Rah

That seems to be the problem. For some reason, vanilla saves with "bad back" pawns already in the colony will not have the ailment changed to the spine from the torso after installing the mod. The transition from a vanilla save to a modded save usually goes smoothly, but sometimes weird things like this show up from time to time.

I recommend activating Dev mode in your game, then find Tool:remove hediff and manually remove his bad back. Then find Tool:Add hediff, which should be right above, pick HediffWithComps, bad back and spine. This should fix it for you.

edit: The last step with adding the "bad back" to the spine is not needed in your case though, since you already installed the bionic spine.

Pino

Thanks, that pawn got back 100% mobility anyway, so I think I can live with that. The important thing is that it would work, in a save started with the mod installed.

doofustroofus

Canute

These organ's only works with reduced effectivity for a longer time and need treatment from time to time.
When you install a healthy pawn (2) bionic leg(s), he will move slower at he first time.

doofustroofus

Rah

Quote from: doofustroofus on December 01, 2017, 03:16:42 PM
Does it ever go away? (mild rejection for example)

mild rejection does not go away, but it's barely noticeable. Synthetic organs do not have any rejection symptoms though.

@Canute, only natural organs have rejection symptoms, not bionic parts.

doofustroofus

Quote from: Rah on December 02, 2017, 02:34:25 AM
Quote from: doofustroofus on December 01, 2017, 03:16:42 PM
Does it ever go away? (mild rejection for example)

mild rejection does not go away, but it's barely noticeable. Synthetic organs do not have any rejection symptoms though.

@Canute, only natural organs have rejection symptoms, not bionic parts.

Yeah I was frustrated at first when I realized it wouldn't. But you're right, I only ever remembered because of the colonist needs treatment popup and the treatment itself is really fast. Seems balanced, good development choice.

Ruisuki

Mst

Can't find the Master edition on steam. Is it only manual?