[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Makes sense to me!

Rah, I am curious, do you use any other surgery or medicine mods? Would you mind posting your mod list? :)

Marcus

Hey Rah, thanks for the update that makes more bones repairable, without amputation of the whole limb - that's what I was looking for.
However there is a bill missing at the bionic workbench (the simple one) - 'MakeArtificialBone'. I've added that in Buildings_BionicWorkbench.xml just below 'MakeArtificialNose' bill and it works fine in the game.
The issue is in both editions: hardcore and lite.
You should probably fix it and release it again.
Cheers.

Rah

@Marcus, yeah, sorry about that. Uploaded a little too quickly yesterday. It's now fixed. The hardcore edition already had it in though, so you don't need to download that again.
@Harry_Dicks, I don't. RBSE is a complete medical mod, so I feel like it covers pretty much everything I want with regards to surgery and bionics. I originally made it just for myself, because I wanted a different experience from what was currently available, but decided to release it for fun afterwards.

*Hotfix to lite and master edition. redownload if you downloaded yesterday. sorry about that, enjoy.

Rah

tiny hotfix to artifical bone; market value, materials.

don't really need to download if you're lazy. just a small balance adjustment.

Crow_T

How does the organ rejection system work? A while back I made a suggestion for stock to use peno to prevent rejection, but this would reduce the regular effects of peno if used this purpose. Perhaps this is something that would fit here.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Rah

You basically have to treat the patient every few days with medicine in order to keep them healthy. Peno is used only to prevent infections, which is a bit different from an immune response to transplant rejection, so it probably wouldn't fit that well I think.

Ruisuki

I remember giving suggestions about the organ rejection system but I dont remember now, it was a year ago. I always believed in you Rah

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 04, 2018, 01:16:44 PM
I remember giving suggestions about the organ rejection system but I dont remember now, it was a year ago. I always believed in you Rah

Dang man, this was you too?!

Not only did you bring us the 2 cell wide doors, but now also the organ rejection system in RBSE! Holy crap, you're on a roll!

What other credits should you have under your name, Ruisuki?

Ruisuki

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 04, 2018, 01:52:53 PM
Quote from: Ruisuki on March 04, 2018, 01:16:44 PM

Dang man, this was you too?!

Not only did you bring us the 2 cell wide doors, but now also the organ rejection system in RBSE! Holy crap, you're on a roll!

What other credits should you have under your name, Ruisuki?
What? No i only brought us 2 tile wide doors. I had suggestions for future additions to the organ rejection system. That was already known though.

Now hurry up and build my statue in your colony.

Harry_Dicks

Ahh, okay, that makes sense.

It's just crazy to me to think about how if you had never came along and suggested 2 tile wide doors, that we never would have had them. I'm just so grateful that you thought of it, and after you posted it you inspired people to make your idea that you came up with by yourself. That's amazing!

Ruisuki

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 04, 2018, 06:45:00 PM
Ahh, okay, that makes sense.

It's just crazy to me to think about how if you had never came along and suggested 2 tile wide doors, that we never would have had them. I'm just so grateful that you thought of it, and after you posted it you inspired people to make your idea that you came up with by yourself. That's amazing!
Dont know where you are getting all that from. But sure you're welcome.

Ruisuki

Got em.

That reminds me...Rah do you plan to implement a 'gradual limb adjustment' mechanic in the future or did you decide the mod is complete as is?

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 05, 2017, 09:40:17 AM
Cool cool. I like to stay close to vanilla, but not too close. I saw how people say EPOE allows you to heal every injury and that removes the sense of danger for me. That and 8 workbenches is excessive imo, I like to keep that number low. I'll be popping this bad boy in as soon as I turn up the difficulty on my existing file.

Question: There was a mod that made bionic implants not immediately effective, as in colonists had to struggle to regain functionality of their new limbs. I believe made by the author of EPOE but I could be wrong. While I wasn't a fan of the continual med requirements to mimic organ rejection I did like the former effect. It hasnt been updated so Im not sure how it handled it, but Im assuming the proficiency of the new limb increased gradually. So manipulation wouldnt immediately jump past 100% for a bionic arm for example. Is there anything like that in this mod?

Quote from: Rah on March 06, 2017, 03:57:20 PM
Quote from: Ruisuki on March 05, 2017, 04:00:53 PM
Quote from: Rah on March 05, 2017, 11:32:20 AM
Organ rejection is currently not in the mod, but several people have asked for it. I think the mod is fairly complete at the moment, but I might add something like that later if it makes sense for me to do it.
Cool. What about the 'limb adjustment' idea where proficiency increases gradually over a couple days post surgery?
Most likely yes.

Rah

Hi again Ruisuki, thanks for all the input and ideas. Limb adjustment is an interesting concept, but I'm a little hesitant to add more big new things as people seem to be quite happy with the mod right now. I will probably look into it more for the next update, if I get the time.

Ruisuki

Alright man sounds good. I also suggested the idea for the new mod medical dissection though not sure into which mod limb adjustment would fit best
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40515.0

That said this mod is everything I hoped it would be already so if you do decide to implement something with it in the future, that'd just be a bonus. Cheers mate.

Rah

1.82 - Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
* Tweaks to power arms; now more viable with better dps.
* Removed advanced bionic eye due to shooting accuracy nerf in vanilla.

Will not break saves. Enjoy!
Thanks to user Ironman4do.