[1.5] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.3 (April 11th, 2024)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnewOne

Could you make it so you can operate on dead? My guy was shot in the heart, and i can't replace it with synthetic cuz he's dead :'(

And maybe add ModSync support ? Hard to update all the mods all the time (winky face)

ultra4

You can only resurect with res thingy, the artificial heart is for heart problems other than death

Rah

@KnewOne, if they're dead, they're kinda dead. ;) But as ultra4 said; if you find a resurrector serum, you can revive them. With regards to the updating; this is not the final version due to the constant 1.0 updates, but once 1.0 goes live it will be on the workshop, which is updated automatically.

Canute

Rah,
the modsync support is for the other non-steam user.

Rah

Most RBSE users are workshop users, so it's probably not worth it setting up a github account for the small minority who downloads manually, but it does look like a great mod though.

Canute

You mods got 19k and 14k subscriber on the workshop. I don't know real numbers but i think 10% of all Rimworld gamer play the DRM version. So you have 1900 + 1400 potiential gamer who would like to have modsync support.
And btw. you wouldn't need the Mediafire download's anymore if you need to setup a github account.
But hey i don't want force you, it is up to you.

KnewOne

Can you add operation to harvest all organs in 1 operation?

Rah

@Canute, there probably won't be a lot of updates after the 1.0 release, so I think it'll be fine without it for now, but thanks for the suggestion.
@KnewOne, that's probably something you should ask Tynan about as it would require quite a bit of coding.

Rah

* 3 new chronic diseases added: Chronic kidney disease, congenital heart defect, chronic stomach disorder.

The new ailments are rare, but they should fill out the organ gameplay a bit more. The first one will eventually kill the patient, while the other two will just cause varying degrees of discomfort. Enjoy!

Wellech

FEEDBACK: Healer Mech Serums interacting with Organic Transplants
How should Healer Mech Serums interact with installed Organic body parts?

Scenario:
I founder a Healer Mech Serum perfect for my colonist with Peg Leg and Liver Transplant. I collect it and begin to remove leg.
- Should I also remove Liver Transplant? Will pawn die? (yes. instantly, which feels wrong)
- Should I keep the Liver Transplant installed? Will there be a consequence? (nothing happens; transplant remains)

Expectation:
Organic Transplants should be fully accepted by the body upon using Healer Mech Serum.
Removing the Organic Transplant for  Healer Mech Serum must be avoided (reduce gametime consumption and any inconveniences from removing part)

Syrchalis

I added a bone and torso icon to my Prosthetic Icons mod. Also special cases to support the corresponding items. Now RBSE should be fully compatible with my prosthetic icons mod.
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.

carnifex2005

I think I may have found a bug. When I install a bone to create an Artificial Ribcage, the previously destroyed ribcage doesn't go away but the artificial one stays on the pawn. Since the artificial one is 90% efficiency, it actually is worse to install one since I still have the debuffs from not having a ribcage.

porky

Is this mod updated to v1.0.1970? If so, how do i get it to work proper??

Rah

@Wellech, organ transplants are kinda viewed as an ailment/health issue due to the mild rejection symptoms, so it being fixable with a healer serum makes sense to me. The ultimate goal should be a synthetic organ, which is immune to rejection.
@Syrchalis, nice mod. <3
@carnifex2005, I'll take a look at that shortly, thanks for the heads up.
@porky, you mean 0.19.1987? Not at the moment, but shortly. Due to the ongoing unstable branch updates it's not always gonna be up to date, unfortunately. Rimworld has been getting constant updates for a while now.

Rah

* Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - 2.0 (pre-release) updated to 0.19.1987, fixed ribcage bug.