[1.3] Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion - v3.0 (Feb 5th, 2022)

Started by Rah, December 27, 2016, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viperwasp

Heads up for anyone reading this. If your colony wealth is insanely high I think I know how to fix. First of all I thought I was the worst Rimworld player ever. I was playing on Medium and the second raid was to powerful for me I had to use Dev Tools and bomb the enemies because I felt like it was so unfair.

I ended up checking my wealth and it was 10 million. The worst part is I never look at wealth so I thought that was high but I did not know how high. I loaded up one of my end game colonies and end game I only had about 1 mil value! So I was like oh god... something is wrong with my new game. I use Prepare Carefully and put Bionic Heart and Bionic Stomach on a pawn. That was the cause. I don't think those are supposed to be used. They are not obtainable in the mod I think. Like they exist in the mod but can only be applied though like Prepare Carefully. So I used Dev tools to restore the original body parts for my pawn. Wealth went down to normal. I don't really call this a bug. More like a learning curve of using multiple mods and what can go wrong! lol  I like that now I can add all the Bionic parts without game crashing. Nice fix. But yeah don't use Bionic Heart or Bionic Stomach. Synthetic is probably okay.

P.S I guess if you want to enable extra hard mode you can do this!
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Rah

Thanks for the report viperwasp. Those parts seems to have a life of their own, because every time I think I've completely deactivated them they come back in some form. I'll try to make them not appear in EDB. The parts in question are the prosthetic heart, bionic heart and bionic stomach in the EDB menu.

* fixed an issue where deactivated vanilla prosthetics would show up in the EDB menu.

* another EDB compatibility patch: you should now be able to install all synthetic organs via the EDB menu and not have the pawn be incapacitated for 2 days in-game.

Jdalt40

Hey Rah, currently your ImplantBase abstract overwrite is causing issues with Archotech Expanded, are you able to change this to something else or is this required by you? If it's required for you, refer to the ending of Abstracts and inheritance | RimWorld Modding Resources

Rah

@Jdalt40, missed that one, sorry. It's been fixed in the latest update. Thanks for spotting it, appreciated. But I recommend not to use any archotech mods though, as the advanced parts cover that area pretty much completely.

update: minor balance work and fixes.

bash23

Hello, after installing your mod somehow it broke my Fabrication bench, I can't make advance components anymore

Rah

Quote from: bash23 on October 30, 2018, 10:54:54 AM
Hello, after installing your mod somehow it broke my Fabrication bench, I can't make advance components anymore

That's not really possible. RBSE does nothing to the fabrication bench or advanced components. Are you sure you did not make any other changes, or have other mods that alter workbenches?

bash23

Quote from: Rah on October 30, 2018, 07:30:11 PM
Quote from: bash23 on October 30, 2018, 10:54:54 AM

That's not really possible. RBSE does nothing to the fabrication bench or advanced components. Are you sure you did not make any other changes, or have other mods that alter workbenches?

Sorry it's fine. somehow it bugged, I just deconstructed it and made another fabrication bench, Thanks for replying.

darkfanq

Hi, i was just wondering if this mod works with lighter than fast mod, as it adds alien races, but i cant find a patch anywhere?

Rah

Quote from: darkfanq on October 31, 2018, 07:27:17 AM
Hi, i was just wondering if this mod works with lighter than fast mod, as it adds alien races, but i cant find a patch anywhere?

There are so many different alien mods, so I can't answer that. But I believe some alien mods work without patches, so it can't hurt to try.

jpinard

Quote from: Rah on October 24, 2018, 07:18:56 AM
Thanks for the report viperwasp. Those parts seems to have a life of their own, because every time I think I've completely deactivated them they come back in some form. I'll try to make them not appear in EDB. The parts in question are the prosthetic heart, bionic heart and bionic stomach in the EDB menu.

* fixed an issue where deactivated vanilla prosthetics would show up in the EDB menu.

* another EDB compatibility patch: you should now be able to install all synthetic organs via the EDB menu and not have the pawn be incapacitated for 2 days in-game.

If I play wihtout EDB and I need to give them a bionic heart... it won't throw my wealth up to those obscene levels will it?

Rah

@jpinard, nope, there is no vanilla bionic heart in this mod, only synthetic heart.

bash23

I just transplanted a lung and it says Mild rejection, can it be cured somehow?

Rah

@bash23, only if you install a synthetic lung. However, the rejection is mild, so you will have 95% functionality of the organ, and it's quite easy to manage with a decent doctor.

VentusVero

So are brain implants permanent and that bit is just missing from the description?

I've got people with both hypo regulator and the cortex augmenter and I wanted to take them out (at least the hypo, need them to sleep more for lovin and hopefully offspring) but I don't see any operation to remove brain implants.

Anyone able to chime in as to whether or not this was a missing mention or should it be on the list? (ive got expanded bionics and maybe 1 other mod that allows surgerys to fix missing fingers and toes, but didn't see the option when I disabled those).

Thanks in advance for meaningful replies.