[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Names are for the Weak

Great, now the crying works like an extremely annoying charm!

Dragoon

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 11, 2017, 02:22:25 PM
The part of your post explains what I meant with being able to stand their on their own .. in my mind I compared it a bit to prison society. ( or any other martial society  )
If you are able to show your worth and don't fuckup you go on raids .. else you stay at home .. Bitch .

I see where you are coming from.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Brrainz

Hey, just a quick heads-up from the maker of Zombieland. Our mods sort of work but zombies render no heads. I traced it down probably being that zombies have a CurLifeStageIndex of 1 but I am not sure. Any ideas? Alternatively, you could add a check for pawn.Type() == zombieType and precalculate zombieType with AccessTools.Type("ZombieLand.Zombie") or such so it does not fail if Zombieland is not installed.

Cheers,
Andreas aka Brrainz

jamest35

Nice work man with what you have so far. seems to be working fine so far. There was a few bugs i ran into, wasn't sure exactly if its the mix of other mods i'm running. But there was one that really stands out and was wondering if you might have noticed this issue? I had two female colonists who decided to become lovers together, so i ended up giving them a bed to sleep in together. As predicted, they performed the "get Loving" action shortly after. Strangest thing, its biologically impossible, but one of them got pregnant not that long after! lol. Happened twice so i had to put them on contraceptives for now. Let me know if you might have an idea how this could have happened in the code.

tyriaelsoban

So; this just happened ...
Apparently they became lovers during the time in my prison cell, so i gave them a double bed as part of an experiment tabbed dev up for a sec, just to see for a laugh and yeah ... the prisoner is the first person preggo in my colony  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Chaos17

Quote from: LiteEmUp on August 08, 2017, 02:36:41 PM
2 days since last post... either thats a good thing coz everything is working as it should be for now or its bad coz people aren't playing this mod due to bugs lol....

so far i love this mod... its no longer just pets who can breed like rabbits lol... horndogs on my colony gets to show off what they are made of ;D...
i have 2 couple already have kids on the way.. both at late stage lol..

my only pet peeve so far:

• seeing those 10-16 on army raids, especially 13 yr old raid leaders..  i can understand child soldiers, but as an adult seeing us beind led by a kid seems weird.. maybe age limit on when they can serve in a raid??
  • 9 or 7 yr old wanderers/visitors by themselves... they are like free members to your colony, but its kinda immersion breaking seeing really young kids travel on there own without adult accompanying them..
This game allow you to harvest organs, I don't see why we should be shy about soldiers children.
About kids who travel alone to join your colony, I take that more like they're orphans so I'm cool with it.

Dragoon

Quote from: Chaos17 on August 14, 2017, 04:30:10 AM
This game allow you to harvest organs, I don't see why we should be shy about soldiers children.
About kids who travel alone to join your colony, I take that more like they're orphans so I'm cool with it.

That's how I feel.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

PixelBitZombie

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

tyriaelsoban

So 'oul rodoballo went into labor, had the baby and gained the "lactating" hediff, does this do anything right now? seeing as how people are just stuffing nutrient paste in the babys face at the moment ...

sidfu

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on August 16, 2017, 08:05:20 AM
Any Idea what this is about? v.3H by the way.

its caused by alien framework. mod seems to work fine thou only issue i had is that that error seems to cause bbabies to have hair. other than that everything seems to work fine

Lennbolt7

Quote from: sidfu on August 16, 2017, 12:27:52 PM
Quote from: PixelBitZombie on August 16, 2017, 08:05:20 AM
Any Idea what this is about? v.3H by the way.

its caused by alien framework. mod seems to work fine thou only issue i had is that that error seems to cause bbabies to have hair. other than that everything seems to work fine
You never ran into the issue of alien races being rendered incorrectly,or alien specific traits and backstories breaking while using this? I know that they're incompatible, but I had to try it and ran into all three issues consistently.

TastyCookies

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on August 02, 2017, 08:11:31 AM
No prob. Glad you got it fixed is all.  ;)

-------

Just wanted to report in, not an error, but went back to using Misc. Robots/Misc. Robots ++ in-game. I'm guessing now that those two mods rely more animal based than human-like pawn-based & C&P now more Harmony based that they work fine together w/out graphics glitches like mentioned a couple of versions before (especially back in A16). No errors or anything happening on my end, they seem to be working fine together as expected.

Haven't tried Misc. MAI yet... I'm tempted to, but I think I'll hold off on that until I'm ready to start another save file just in case. Current colony is steadily growing so I want to see how long it will last.  :D

Just as a heads up, MAI is currently not compatible with Children and Pregnancy. While it is not a game-breaking bug, the MAI just ends up headless (kinda creepy actually).

Brrainz

Quote from: TastyCookies on August 16, 2017, 05:44:15 PM
Just as a heads up, MAI is currently not compatible with Children and Pregnancy. While it is not a game-breaking bug, the MAI just ends up headless (kinda creepy actually).
Not that creepy as headless zombies in the Zombieland mod. Yes, same problem.

kaptain_kavern

For what it's worth. I had a similar problem once in one of my WIP mods (using an old version of the humanoid alien framework.

"Solved it" by putting the vanilla head texture in the right location in my own mod folder

Brrainz

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 16, 2017, 06:26:43 PM
For what it's worth. I had a similar problem once in one of my WIP mods (using an old version of the humanoid alien framework.

"Solved it" by putting the vanilla head texture in the right location in my own mod folder
The headless problem here is a bit different. Has nothing to do with the texture at all. It's a misguided check in this mod that looks for the lifestage index of each pawn. Then if its less than 2 it assumes babies and the head is not rendered somehow. Problem is, mods like Zombieland and such have pawns with only two life stages and the index is 1. That does not automatically mean baby and such the head problem is triggered.

No easy way around this since life stages are actually meant to be only 0, 1 for normal human like pawns and higher stages only make sense for animals that actually change shape with different ages in vanilla.