[1.2] PowerSwitch

Started by Haplo, April 10, 2014, 03:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reaper

Would it be possible to have a in-wall version? I run alot of my power lines in the walls

Serpentine91

So is there any progress on the version with automatic switching/god toggle? After getting used to how switches worked in Alpha 9 I just can't get used to the manual switching.

harpo99999

I also do prefer the behavior of the a9 switches atleast for the automatic side, but is almost ok for switching between modes of the switches, eg manual to pawn active or enemy active or timer

Cefwyn

I'd also prefer the original (automated) switching. For me, that is just what the research is for - to get an an autonomous system that needs no colonist input.

While I'm commenting already anyway:
Is it possible to get the in-wall switch back? Or a more inconspicuous switch?
The in-wall switch was more aesthetically pleasing, and had the added benefit of not needing as much space within the room, making it easier to put down another wire for appliances to connect to.
A more inconspicuous switch (basically just smaller, or placed to the side of the tile) would just look nicer. I just dislike these big circles in the middle of a tile.

Haplo

I'm sorry, but for now I won't change the switch.
It's just that I have not enough time for it as I work on something different whenever I have time. And between that and the alpha 11 translation there just isn't any time to do anything to it.
Additionally I just don't have the motivation to work on the switch, as I like it as it is.
Normally I try to make my mods somewhat vanilla compatible, and vanilla right now just means switch designator where ever possible or feasible.
I will most likely do something to satisfy your requests to a degree, but it won't be soon. Sorry.

Haplo

Update to Alpha 11.
But I'm sorry, no other changes yet :)

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Haplo on June 11, 2015, 04:15:44 PM
Update to Alpha 11.
But I'm sorry, no other changes yet :)

How dare you be sorry for updating one of my favorite mods :-)

dismar

TY so much! This is one of my fav mods, I feel lost with out it :P

Lady Wolf

is there somewhere I can still find the A10 version?

(I'm holding off on moving to A 11 until more of my favorite mods are upgraded to it, like prepare carefully, advanced armory, bulk meals, Enhanced defenses, etc.)

JesusKreist

Dr. Z

Will try this out next time I play and for me it sounds good to keep it vanilla with the manual switch.
Prasie the Squirrel!

thefinn

Suggestion: a button that allows you to turn all the old power conduits into hidden ones once you have it researched - not sure how that'd work either ;)

Haplo

If I would do that, then all the power lines would suddenly show up as damaged as the hidden ones have a bit higher health. Also it would be a bit unrealistic: You have the lines laying on the ground, you research the material to allow them to be burried underground and they are in the next moment all underground?
I would call that Magic ;)

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: Haplo on June 16, 2015, 03:15:38 AM
If I would do that, then all the power lines would suddenly show up as damaged as the hidden ones have a bit higher health. Also it would be a bit unrealistic: You have the lines laying on the ground, you research the material to allow them to be burried underground and they are in the next moment all underground?

think of the 'damage' as the work required to bury the lines perhaps?

akiceabear

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on June 16, 2015, 05:20:27 AM
Quote from: Haplo on June 16, 2015, 03:15:38 AM

I like this logic.

think of the 'damage' as the work required to bury the lines perhaps?