[1.2] PowerSwitch

Started by Haplo, April 10, 2014, 03:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkXess

*Sorry for the delay, been on my travels - working on updating all the mod pages etc now.

Thanks for posting your update, mirrors and download page updated :)

You can find our mirror here:

You can always contact me for changes to be made to the above link, also any updates please be kind to
inform us or even submit the update yourself on our downloads section.

Haplo

And the switch is updated to alpha 5.
It also includes language files. Right now for english (en-US) and german (de-DE).

PsychoForge

I think ive found an issue unless its me lol

It seems when no one is in the room and u have the switch turned to detect people it breaks the line like it isnt even attached instead of turning off the switch only it makes it look like the line is broke even tho it isnt (dunno if this is correct or what)

2nd thing ive noticed is when someone enters the room  the switch turns green and the line reconnects  so it looks fine but no power seems to be getting to the light on the piece of wire i have after the switch.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Haplo

Thats perfectly normal behavior:
When the switch disconnects, for the powernet it looks as if there isn't an object that can transmit power.
After it switches on, it reconnects itself and reactivates the connection of the powernet.

What shouldn't happen is, that the lamp STAYS off, even after reconnecting. The lamp should find, that the power is switched on after a short time delay.

PsychoForge

So is it a problem on my end or the mod :/ i have no idea lol

Haplo

Do you have enough power on the powernet? Can it be that there is a second disconnection somewhere else,  so that the lamp doesn't get connected to a power generator?
Please check that the connected lamp has a power connected value of min +150W.
If that is all OK,  you can provide the save and I will take a look..

PsychoForge

Here is screenshots for you friend, hope they help you find what ever is wrong.
:(

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

decomg

Haplo

Ok, that looks like there is a part of the wall switch still active.
Sorry, I should have made an info for it:
The new power switch version doesn't have the wall switch anymore. As I didn't really saw any useful applications of it, I've removed it from the alpha 5 release. The problem you have, is that you still have the alpha 4 wall in your power switch folder.
Therefore you need to delete the powerswitch folder and make a clean mod install..
Sorry for the problems I've made by removing it. :(
I'll make a notice in the starting post.

fraz

Do switches function as circuit breakers in the event of a short circuit (if the switch is off)?

mrofa

Quote from: fraz on July 11, 2014, 12:00:14 PM
Do switches function as circuit breakers in the event of a short circuit (if the switch is off)?
Nope
All i do is clutter all around.

fraz

Just FYI, the modsaholic download link appears to be outdated.

Haplo

Here is the first language update: ru-RU
Thanks to Oceanel I can proudly say, that the power switch does come with russian labeling now. ;D
Ok, I don't understand anything of it, but hey, it is the first foreign language, thats not from me. 8)
But if you find that something could be done better in a different way, don't hesitate to tell me.

Haplo

And here is my power switch, updated to alpha 6.
I've also incorporated the idea of Jerethi50 and integrated the hidden power conduits as a research option.

Jerethi50

Awesome, saves me some work when i put together the modpack for a6 :)