[1.3] Dubs Bad Hygiene | Mint Menus/Minimap | Paint Shop | Rimkit | Skylights

Started by Dubwise, January 02, 2017, 02:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

What about an option to have them visible, or maybe a toggle on individual pipe sections to make them visible?

It's not a big deal, but I sometimes like to have "service corridors" running along throughout the back hallways of my base. And in these corridors, I will have my plumbing for water and sewage, various conduit networks, and my central heating and cooling. Hopefully one day I can also have a proper fire suppression network system that can built from mods, or maybe someone will make an add on for Bad Hygiene :) Maybe also a central vacuum system, and there is the central nutrient paste dispenser system mod that's still a WIP. Either way, I have most of these systems' pipelines or whatever travelling through these corridors, and it really helps add on to the aesthetic if I can see them :) Personally I think the pipes should be exposed unless built into a wall.

Kori

QuoteSimple skylight you can install into roofs, as sunlight levels increase the radius of light will expand.

Hello dubwise,
can you explain how this is supposed to work, please? I always have the area of the window + 1 lit and this radius is always the same.
If this is how it works, could you please consider to add mod settings that allow us to slightly increase the radius, maybe with 50% of daylight on the edge to get a smoother transition? :)

Canute

He mean, the radius of light expand with the daytime.
More then 1 tile you can't get and need until during volcanic winter.
And i don't think it need option, since skylight are pretty cheap and you can skylight all roof's.
And if you don't like them at all you can try
Expanded Roofing

Dubwise

Quote from: Kori on March 04, 2018, 07:47:04 PM
QuoteSimple skylight you can install into roofs, as sunlight levels increase the radius of light will expand.

Hello dubwise,
can you explain how this is supposed to work, please? I always have the area of the window + 1 lit and this radius is always the same.
If this is how it works, could you please consider to add mod settings that allow us to slightly increase the radius, maybe with 50% of daylight on the edge to get a smoother transition? :)

sorry i didn't update the description for the changes, it used to be a 1 cell window with a radius that would expand and contract using the same glower system as standing lamps so it wasn't real sky light, i changed it so that the actual sky light is passing through as if the roof isn't there, works 100 times better and you get moonlight and i can make different sizes of window but cant do the radius thing anymore, so instead it just lights the cells directly under the window and adjacent cells

Sliderpro

Hi. I don't get the water tank and radiator thing.

I play on ice sheet map, so heating is essential.
I made a lot of water tanks. 25-30 maybe. Made some electrical boilers. they heated these tanks to full 100%.
What I did next - I turned off the boilers, imitating solar flare event. By all logic, with boilers disabled, radiators should have taken hot water from tanks.

But it didnt work that way.
Radiators quickly dropped to 0% heating and stopped working, while tanks still had roughly 90% heating capacity.
Something is wrong here... Radiators dont take heat from tanks???

Plus, 75 steel for a tank with equal heat capacity of a 25 steel + 1 comp radiator is quite damn expensive.. I dont understand the need to make more tanks if I can make usable radiators with same capacity + tanks dont even work..

Dubwise

hmm yer that's not how its meant to be used, boilers and thermal stores store hot water for hot running taps, radiators don't run on stored hot water they are stores of hot water themselves in a closed loop which is heated directly by a boiler or stove, a boiler is essentially a thermal store + a stove in 1 and powered instead of fueled, so you would either have a stove + thermal store in your wood shack, or an electric boiler in your powered base, or a combination of both for redundancy, the only time you need extra thermal stores is if colonists are using up the hot water too fast and getting the cold water debuff.

I mostly play cold maps so for my setup i would just have 1 or more boilers depending on base size, then i have a radiator in every room, multiple for big rooms, thermostat in the coldest spots or critical rooms, then a stove as backup for flares. The way its all used is pretty simple, as ambient temps fall going into winter i crank up the power setting on the boilers so the overall capacity is enough to keep things warm, radiators cool down much slower than they heat up so when a flare hits the rads will stay warm for quite a while, sometimes long enough to get through the flare, but if the flare lasts a long time you can go fire up the fueled stove to heat the radiators back up.

Sliderpro

If I understood correctly, tanks store water for colonists use only - like showers and baths and dont really interact with radiators?

Dunno about long-lasting, but outside temperature on my map is always -20 -60 and radiators die almost instantly xD I thought to use tanks in case of a flare, but it seems we have to use multi-fuel stove in case of a flare, right?

By the way, how effective are solar heaters? Game sadly doesnt provide any exact info on the subject and I have no idea whether they are worth using in cold biomes..

Thanks for quick answer btw

Ruisuki

are you really planning on adding hot tubs dubs?

Dubwise

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 18, 2018, 11:13:02 PM
are you really planning on adding hot tubs dubs?

yeah they are done for the next patch, used only for joy, very slow at cleaning, 2 pawns can hop in and be social, requires 1000L to fill it on first use then its self cleaning, available in white or stuffed, makes a bubbling noise. Next patch is pretty big, lots of fixes, tweaks, new stuff and new versions of old stuff

Ruisuki

oooo that sounds exciting. And since it holds only two people I can make a room out of multiple tubs. I like making different rooms.

DarkSpheres7

Dubs Bad Hygiene - toilets, showers, sinks and bathtubs says "No sewage capacity". But when I looked at my water tank, it's completely full and the plumbings are all still connected. Any known reason why? Thank you. I can't play my current game because of this :< And I do not want to restart. Any help/tip would be greatly appreciated <3

Canute

"No sewage capacity" mean's not the water source.
It mean, where does all the things go after the use.
You need to place a SewageOutlet.

Kelemvor

hello, my "large water tower" is "disease risk" how i clean the water of the tank?

Pd: nvm the sewage outlet finally works xD

bartekkru100

Hi, can you add a sprinkler that sprinkles in a square shaped area?

Dubwise

i added radius controls for the next patch, you can shrink it down a bit and make it mostly square