Forestfey's Modley Trading Outpost (collective thread)

Started by forestfey, January 21, 2017, 01:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forestfey

Forestfey's Modley Trading Outpost

...You approach a weathered log-cabin, smoke curling from its chimney. It is almost lost between racks and rags of animal skins, stamped gunnysacks and cargo boxes, along with bales of fabric and the unmistakably smell of cooking stew.
    As you come closer, you notice the sloped glass-faces of an underground greenhouse blending into the little hill the cabin leans on...

A dog barks inquiringly.
    Trespasser or Visitor?

1.0 Release Mods:
    A list of older versions of my mods can be found below, dowloads are provided in the respective post.

0.19 Mods:

0.18 Mods:

0.17 Mods:

0.16 Mods:

WIP:

• New textures: Expect mythical wolfes! (Coop with Xen)
    • Refining of existent mods
    • MOAR animals including encyclopaedic descriptions: Vertebrates only, mostly mammals planned. Ideas for one xenozoological species, too.
    • the onionous trollogre: Yeah... rather some concept work yet, than anything properly moving. I guess I could use help with that!

Downloads:
    To download, go to the specific mod in the list above, click the link and choose one of the provided options you can find in that post under "Downloads".

The latest versions of my mods are also available on steam workshop (also check out the Cities: Skylines content if you're interested):
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198083415891/myworkshopfiles/?appid=294100

Licensing/Modpacks:
    Feel free to use my content, provided you give the due credits somewhere publicly accessible over the web. In the spirit of collaboration, I'd like to be informed before you publish anything that contains my (or parts of my) work, but as an artist, I can also understand if you "need" to get something out there aqap and cannot wait for a definite go from me. At least let me know, that's all... =)

[/list]
    "Despite all our accomplishments, we owe our existence to a six-inch layer of top-soil and the fact that it rains."
    _
    Klirrend klare Nacht
    funkelt durch den Schleier.
    Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
    Sparkles through the veil.
    Unfolding inwards

forestfey

FFGerman Shepherd:
    Adds a new dogbreed, the German Shepherd or Alsatian, Old Earth's most common and favourite duty- and service dog.
    Modified from the Husky, it has almost the dps of a wolf.
    Tailless helped out with a russian translation, and finally the German Shepherd has also german language support!

Download:
    1.0 Release

Compatibility/Load Order:
    should work fine with everything else, except you already have another GermanShepherd...

Changelog:
    Tried to implement German language-support over steam shortly after release. Doesn't work properly, but don't know why, so feel free to take a look...
    29-3-2017: Re-uploaded  a caraveneer version of the shep with slightly modified pack-textures. Now also available per dropbox!
    26-5-2017: Updated the mod for A17, old A16 version still available.
    23-6-2017: Added german and russian language support.
    "Despite all our accomplishments, we owe our existence to a six-inch layer of top-soil and the fact that it rains."
    _
    Klirrend klare Nacht
    Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
    Unfolding inwards

forestfey

FFGerman Shepherd "A Dog Said..."-Patch [Add-On]
    Adds the extended surgery- and implant-options from  "A Dog Said..." to the GermanShepherd.

Download:
    1.0 Release

Just adds the shepherd to the several "patient-lists" of ADS and has to be loaded after ADS and after FF GermanShepherd. With B18 ongoing, cross-compatibility problems should be solved, let me know if otherwise.
    CAUTION!!! A16 and A17 versions will still possibly overwrite any other ADS-patches when initalized. Other modded-in creatures will perhaps NOT have the additional surgery-options anymore. BE WARNED.

However, if you want to be a not only responsible but also independent human being and solve that problem yourself, please go to the workshop page of "A Dog Said..." under http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=746425621, check out the GUIDE that is available there and follow it's instructions. If you don't already know what to do, that is.

Changelog:
    1: Now only "injects" the shepherd into the surgery-lists. Still... meh.
    Also added workshop dependencies. Sorry I forgot to earlier.
    2: Changed the surgery-lists to again contain all vanilla animals.

EDIT: Some changes. Geez.
    _
    Klirrend klare Nacht
    Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
    Unfolding inwards

forestfey

FF_VG_canned_delights [Add-On]
    Adds a couple of tasty new meal-recipes to the canning table from Vegetable Garden

New recipes (defnames not necessarily the same):

• HANZ Baked Beans: See you, space cowboy. Contains beans, tomatoes and sugar.

• Fiete's Labskaus: Looks a bit funny and contains... stuff, quite a lot of it. Very nutritious. NOT VEGAN!

• Mayblob's Ricepudding: Alltime classy. Contains rice, sugar, fruit and milk or suitable substitute. Enjoyable to eat.

All recipes have the skill requirement (6) of and satisfy like a Fine Meal, but have variable nutrition-values! There's also some other side-effects, similar to other VG-foods...

Download:
    1.0 Release

0.16-0.17 require Vegetable Garden to be loaded before this, known conflicts with VG will likely conflict with this, too.
    ATTENTION: With 0.18 the Vegetable Garden mod was split into several sub-mods, some of which are required for Canned Delights to run properly! You will need the VGP base mod, Gourmet Garden and (tomatoes galore!) More Veggies! loaded before canned delights.
    Starting with 0.19 my mod also requires the new, separate VGP Garden Canning mod, which can be found in the forum post of Gourmet Garden.

Changelog:
    Updated canned delights' about.xml with moar info. NOMNOMNOM! Also made an additional explanatory screenshot (available on steam), the branding continues...

11-4-2017: Updated the thingdefs for ricepudding and lobscouse so they can finally be stored away in stockpiles. Sorry I didn't see that earlier and kept scratching my head why pawns didn't want to haul those cans for so long!
    6-6-2017: Updated for 0.17, old version still available via dropbox.
    _
    Klirrend klare Nacht
    Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
    Unfolding inwards

forestfey

FF Smilodon Populator
    "Just because we can doesn't mean we should."
    I mean, what could possibly go wrong cloning the biggest sabre toothed cat ever known?

Has different lifestages with corresponding sprites.
    Xen helped to refine and "proofread" the code, even if he says it wasn't much...
    Tailless helped out with a russian translation, too, and finally Smilodon has also german language support!

Spoilers:

An excerpt from the Encyclopedia Galactica:
    "The prehistoric Smilodon Populator (LUND, A.D. 1842), also known as the biggest of the true sabre-toothed cats, still has a legedary reputation across the whole galaxy. Having already been extinct when humanity had cemented its global-player position in the foodchain of Old Earth, some scientists apparently thought it was a good idea to revive this hominid's Nemesis through advanced cloning techniques.

It is still relatively unclear what specific function the enormous canine teeth fulfill, as their comparably frail static forbids regular and successful use as a weapon; The proportions and angles of the jaw and teeth's points suggest though, that Smilodon hunted very large, herbivorous animals with slashing bites after subduing its prey, possibly still puncturing the jugular vein and/or carotid artery like recent big cats do during their death-bite to the throat.
    Adaptions of the bone-structure in the legs further hint on S. Populator having excellent jumping- and wrestling capabilities. As unified ethologists take note, the stories from survivors or even just witnesses of attacks for actual verification of this behavior are regretfully rare.

Tribal cultures on planets where a wild population could establish itself, worship S. Populator as a harbinger of death, a powerful totem that bestows not only physical prowess, but also a to others sometimes uncanny covert- and relentlessness. Those cultures also pass on fairy tales about heroic Sabretooth-Veterans that are not only a terrifying sight to behold, but also seem to show an almost human spark of cognition, not to say "intelligence", sometimes even to the point of attributing to them the ability of speech."

Quite a beast I yet have to pit against a Mega...-therium.
    Any bets? :P
    -> click at own risk <-

Download:
    1.0 Release

There should be none, especially now after the update. Please let me know if otherwise.

Changelog:
    I'm gonna think about a better way to document this, preferably even automatically (lazy persons... tsss)... In time.
    But so far:
    Generally overhauling update. Training options have been added (FINALLY!) and the separate biome-def files were dropped to make the whole thing slightly less bulky and conflict-prone. (maybe check if they're still there? You can delete them if so...) The custom lifestages have an according bodymass, now, too.
    I think the babies and adults are actually a bit too big compared to human pawns, but I'm afraid that if I make them any smaller, the textures lose too much clarity. Even if all of them have been greatly cleared up and refined, also with shadows (see new screeny on Steam WS), better than shown on the preview, mind this!
    Working next on an ADS patch and giving them backpacks. But as with the Shepherd, the latter will be a standalone-version then.

There was also a problem with juveniles hunting newborn kittens during the last test-run, but I'm not sure if this may have been just some sort of artifact or bug due to the devtool sped-up aging-process or something. I would prefer that option a lot, because "teaching" a pawn not to attack/hunt its own kind as long as it's the same "faction" could be a more difficult thing... O.o
    Anyway, no-one actually knows how Smilodons might have behaved in reality, so I might be able to let that one slip with the excuse of them just being feline snobs and putting their kids through a school of hard knocks. Any thoughts on that?

C-LOG2: Shhh... this was not the update you were looking for...
    The black hole that Smiley apparently had carried in its heart has finally collapsed and bodymass-weirdness should be fixed now!

C-LOG3: Uploaded a caravaneering version on dropbox. Also, I've hidden the cave-biome spawn-rate as an easily editable comment in the the ThingDef xml-file. Have fun!

C-LOG4: Updated the mod for A17
    C-LOG5: Added german and russian language support

EDIT 27-1-2017: Updated the whole mod and added changelog. Also some formatting, spoilers moved up :P
    EDIT 31-1-2017: Added community coop-disclaimer.
    _
    Klirrend klare Nacht
    Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
    Unfolding inwards

forestfey

FFRocketstove
    Adds a new meal- and heatsource that consumes only little fuel but requires some research to unlock. Works as intended, but the texture still looks "meh"... I see I'm not so good with inanimate objects... =)

Download:
    1.0 Release [standalone mod]

0.16 [addon]

Version for 0.16 Requires Nandonalt's Camping Stuff mod to be loaded before this, as the stove uses the refuelable heatpusher comp from it.
    With the release of 1.0 this has changed and FF Rocketstove is a standalone mod that requires nothing else to be loaded before.

C-LOG: added links for download and compatibility info.
    C-LOG2: Recipes for fine meals in bulk and burning drugs added. Reworked compatibility info, since mod is no longer just an add-on. Preview picture on steam was changed, but couldn't get it to show here. Not so important to make a fuss about it.
    _
    Klirrend klare Nacht
    Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
    Unfolding inwards

forestfey

FF_Smilodon_wyred [Add-On]
    Adds the extended surgery- and implant-options from  "A Dog Said..." to Smilodon Populator.

"It totally didn't ask for this."

Oh right... a PSA:
    Jumpjets NOT included.
    The complaint-management just couldn't account for it because... warranty-reasons.
    The security breach that led to S. Populator running freely still hasn't been contained and the charges of indemnity-claims are already skyrocketing... Thank you for your attention and ongoing trust into our company.
    /zee End.

Almost forgot more, but rather serious legal stuff:
    Parts of the preview picture stem from Starcraft's terran units (Raven, Liberator and Predator) and are as such probably legal property of Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
    I do not own these images, and that I think I have all the right to use them after having blown so much money into that company over the years, doesn't take me out of the responsibility to make this disclosure. I don't plan on making money with this picture. Cheers.

Download:
    1.0 Release

Just adds Smilodon Populator to the several "patient-lists" of ADS and has to be loaded after ADS and after FF Smilodon Populator. With 0.18 ongoing, cross-compatibility problems should be solved, let me know if otherwise.
    CAUTION!!! 0.16 and 0.17 versions will still possibly overwrite any other ADS-patches when initalized. Other modded-in creatures will NOT have the additional surgery-options anymore. BE WARNED.

However, if you want to be a not only responsible but also independent human being and solve that problem yourself, please go to the workshop page of "A Dog Said..." under http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=746425621, check out the GUIDE that is available there and follow it's instructions. If you don't already know what to do, that is.

Changelog:
    Now only "injects" Smilodon into the surgery-lists. Still... meh.
    Also added workshop dependencies. Sorry I forgot to earlier.

EDIT: Some changes. Geez.
    _
    Klirrend klare Nacht
    Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
    Unfolding inwards

forestfey

hehehe... well, I'm not sure what to make of this, but I sure would like to see them in game! i'll be off for tonight.. it was a long long weekend.
    Take care everybody!

_
    Klirrend klare Nacht
    Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
    Unfolding inwards

forestfey

_
    Klirrend klare Nacht
    Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
    Unfolding inwards

forestfey

_
    Klirrend klare Nacht
    Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
    Unfolding inwards

forestfey

(reserved)

..I think 10 is fair enough for a greenhorn like me. If I ever fill that. And if it gets even more, I can still make up a fitting taxonomy for my mods :P Have fun, cheers!
    _
    Klirrend klare Nacht
    Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
    Unfolding inwards

forestfey

uhm... added and edited some stuff. Quite creative at the moment, but not so cody. Gonna refine and update my other mods soonish, but "painting spots" is more tempting right now.
    I think "happy little accidents" is a term this game could coin flawlessly in any way, anyway!  8)
    _
    Klirrend klare Nacht
    Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
    Unfolding inwards

forestfey

Turned out the little start-up I'm working for at the moment got invited to a trade-fair at the end of next month...
    So there is going to be a lot of work which I won't be able to put into nursing my mods or making new textures.

There's still some things I'd like to set up before I continue making more mods, to make the whole process easier, so basically "meta-modding" or whatever.
    ...And get more involved with community-projects and stuff, but eh, there's just so many hours in one day and... ACH! Who am I kidding? You all know the rant ;)

I did my best to leave my stuff in a state that should be quite stable, at least for a while. But if something is kaputt/you have any problems, or suggestions for improving the code or balancing, please report to me (or my co-authors) and the issue will be looked into!

Thank you <3
    _
    Klirrend klare Nacht
    Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
    Unfolding inwards

forestfey

*chrk-chrk radio noises* omg it works for now... geeeeeez, I myself am getting healthier again, but apparently the problems with our net-provider are still there, so updates and communications can't be expected to take quick effect. Sorry about that, I would if I could. At least I can play, and I managed to make caravan versions of my animals available by other means than steam.
    My excessive testing of smiley revealed this kitty to be a fearsome encounter for single colonists... especially in caves, where you could find quite a lot of them!
    _
    Klirrend klare Nacht
    Entfaltung nach innen

Jingling clear night
    Unfolding inwards

Tevlok