[A16..V1.0] More Planning

Started by rhaks, March 11, 2017, 02:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What feature would you like to see first?

Save/load plans
4 (25%)
Shapes (circle, not filled rectangle) / plan brushes (orbital beacon and sun lamps) as proposed by BlackSmokeDMax
10 (62.5%)
Labels as proposed by AngleWyrm
2 (12.5%)
None ^.-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: September 03, 2017, 12:57:15 AM

Mosart

Will it be updated to a17?

wwWraith

Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Mosart

rhaks

I've been busy  :'(

Well, finally an update. I added more colors and option to change them.

Quote from: Vaulter69 on June 01, 2017, 06:25:06 PM
So i checked on your steam workshop and saw that a17 ver is up! which was nice until i downloaded and tried it out and got a lot of red string of errors

Could not find a type named MorePlanning.Designator_Opacity
Could not find a type named MorePlanning.Designator_PlanCut
etc.

basically it can't find the icon textures.

I hope this message doesn't show anymore.

Quote from: AngleWyrm on June 29, 2017, 07:21:08 AM
Would this be a fun addition to planning and designing a village?

Fonts used: Coiny & FFF_Tusj

Cool... I'll try to add this feature.

SpaceDorf

I voted labels but would like to see both, labels and preset shapes of important structures for planning. 
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

BlackSmokeDMax

Hi rhaks, thx for the update.

Hey if you ever do implement my suggestion I have a couple more tweaks to that.

1. When selecting a shape to plan, let the right click menu have the color selection. That way no need for a button for every color for each shape. Definitely leave the way the regular planning is setup as you have it now though. Convenient for regular planning, mixed with not adding too many more buttons. Just one per shape added that way.

2. Big stretch on this one... Look at how Zhentar adds the sun lamp planning tool in his "Vanilla Tweaks" mod (there is an updated for A17 version in a thread post). There is actually a built in tool for seeing soil fertility for each tile in the plan and an overall average for the entire planned area. I'd hate to lose that feature as it is pretty darn cool and useful. Wonder if he'd consider letting you add that code straight to your mod?? Or perhaps you could re create that yourself. Not a coder so I don't know how hard/tricky that was in the first place.

mod thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27267.0

Recently DoctorVanGogh released an updated version near end of thread, and earlier (mid June) Fregrant posted the first A17 version a page or two back in the thread. I'm not sure Zhentar is still around, which is sad, really contributed around here. :(

wedekit

This looks fantastic. Another example of how the best mods are usually the simple ones. I'm a new player to this game (not the genre) and I've actively avoided using the planning tool because it just helps you remember where you were planning to put walls... not what was going into those walls.

I will actually sit down and plan out my next base thanks to this.

BlackSmokeDMax

Hi Rhaks,

Windows defender just recently claimed part of your dll was a trojan. Likely a false positive I know, but figured I'd let you know just in case something weird happened and it really is. This is from v2.2.0 I believe I downloaded from github. Here is a pic of my warning screen:

rhaks

@BlackSmokeDM

I don't know about this trojan alert. I used Windows Defender here and nothing showed up.

It is very cool this soil fertility feature, I'll look in to it.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Tinkerer on November 24, 2017, 09:08:18 PM
Virustotal says it's fine

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/95b977d7c4633a8c30b9c61d18d9a31eace892209a410e627dc8e7a31679d1bf/detection

Yep, I checked with same tool before whitelisting it. Didn't know if there was some way to submit the file to stop the false positive, so figured I'd just let Rhaks know.

Sefiriot

Using Steam B18 version, getting this huge error:

[HugsLib][ERR] com.github.alandariva.moreplanning caused an exception during OnDefsLoaded: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at MorePlanning.PlanColorManager.ColorChanged (Int32 numColor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MorePlanning.PlanColorManager.Load (HugsLib.Settings.ModSettingsPack Settings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MorePlanning.MorePlanningMod.DefsLoaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.HugsLibController.OnDefsLoaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:ReportException(Exception, String, Boolean, String)
HugsLib.HugsLibController:OnDefsLoaded()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:LoadReloadInitialize()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Edit: Loading just (Steam) HugsLib, this mod and ModSwitch produced no problems, which is odd. Looks like the issue might be on my end, sorry for the trouble.

Ruisuki

Quote from: rhaks on March 12, 2017, 01:21:28 PM
Thanks for all comments!

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on March 11, 2017, 11:10:58 PM
Wonderful mod, especially grouping them all together in their own section! Any chance you'd consider adding special shaped plans: orbital beacon, Sun lamp, wind turbine, geotherm, etc. Think that'd really fit in well with this mod overall.

Great idea, I hate to plan space for those kind of objects. I think it will be released with the next update.
was this ever included?

OmagaIII

Hi,

Awesome mod. Used it in A17 and then went off the game for a bit. So yesterday decided to load it again and and update/add mods etc.

Loaded this but getting errors on A18 when loading from the github repo. Checking the log shows:

[HugsLib][ERR] com.github.alandariva.moreplanning caused an exception during OnDefsLoaded: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at MorePlanning.PlanColorManager.ColorChanged (Int32 numColor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MorePlanning.PlanColorManager.Load (HugsLib.Settings.ModSettingsPack Settings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MorePlanning.MorePlanningMod.DefsLoaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.HugsLibController.OnDefsLoaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[HugsLib][ERR] com.github.alandariva.moreplanning caused an exception during OnSettingsChanged: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at MorePlanning.MorePlanningMod.UpdatePlanOpacity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MorePlanning.MorePlanningMod.SettingsChanged () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HugsLib.HugsLibController.OnSettingsChanged () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Canute

You downloaded the master from Github ?
Or did you download the 3.0.0. from releases ?

The master don't contain all nessesary files in this case.