[A16..V1.0] More Planning

Started by rhaks, March 11, 2017, 02:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What feature would you like to see first?

Save/load plans
4 (25%)
Shapes (circle, not filled rectangle) / plan brushes (orbital beacon and sun lamps) as proposed by BlackSmokeDMax
10 (62.5%)
Labels as proposed by AngleWyrm
2 (12.5%)
None ^.-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: September 03, 2017, 12:57:15 AM

Griphaha

From testing it'll shut down all mods and cause errors.  Rule of thumb, if the mod has assemblies it will NOT work between builds.  If a MOD doesn't have assemblies it WILL work between builds.

Canute

XML mod (the one without assemblies) can work.
But if it got textures, it might don't work.

qurffe

well i am using the B19 workshop version and i have no errors, and everything in my 100+ modded game works just fine. so no idea on my side why it would not work for others?

spyderwebsc

Quote from: Griphaha on October 21, 2018, 12:04:35 PM
From testing it'll shut down all mods and cause errors.  Rule of thumb, if the mod has assemblies it will NOT work between builds.  If a MOD doesn't have assemblies it WILL work between builds.

B19 version works fine for me in 1.0. I did edit the target version in the about.xml file.

Griphaha

It did mess up for me, but, I have another MOD with assemblies that works from b19 too.  I degress.

crusader2010

Quote from: Griphaha on October 21, 2018, 06:10:30 PM
It did mess up for me, but, I have another MOD with assemblies that works from b19 too.  I degress.

Uncheck the "Development mode" checkbox from the options menu, after starting Rimworld. You may leave it on also, but then uncheck the one for "Auto-reset mods config on crash". If that doesn't solve the issue, just change the version in the "about.xml" of the mod and make sure it gets loaded. If it still crashes, maybe there's another mod at fault, or you need to tweak the load order (just experiment - the heavy mods should either be at the beginning or at the end - see what works for you).
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

rhaks

Sorry for the update delay, I released a 1.0 compability last weekend.

Edit: I really need to develop the shapes feature, I am just not in the mood lately

viperwasp

Great mod!

Feature suggestion time... I don't know if this is possible or if its already in the game.

Suggestion 1:Default Planner only allows you around 50ish tiles per drag. Like 50-53 it will stop printing. And I have to lay another 50 down. If we could get support for far more that could be neat.

Suggestion 2:Perhaps an even better feature would be that after you place your marker down. The center square turns another color or has an outline or an X. So you draw 5 squares in a row... the 3rd one is marked. If your drawing is an even number like 10. You could have 5 and 6 marked or simply mark none. This will be a way for the player to know very quickly if they made a mistake or not.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

vizor

Great job, the only feature I see lacking is easy switch on/off in the corner.

YeojaChingu

Thank you, this help a lot. 

Feature suggestion :
Flip (Mirroring) Horizontal/Vertical Planning

I often make a mirroring room/storage, so their door is in front of another. 
Having a planner to easily flip the layout will help this a lot.

Tocato

Hmmm for some reason the plans available to me under the more planning architect menu include only one color now. Happened right after installing RimmsQOL

wwWraith

This mod is very useful for me, but it has some problems with its method of adding designators: incompatibilities with RIMMSqol and Allow Tool (maybe with some others, too), probably similar to those recently solved in Path Avoid. I hope this info will help you to improve your mod, too: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46905.msg470152#msg470152.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

tile7

You really need to add plans saving and importing to a new game, and designators as guys described.

Ruisuki

is the actual more planning architect tab blank for anyone else??? i feel like its happened before but ive just forgotten how to fix

wwWraith

It can happen when used with mods affecting designators (namely RIMMSqol and Allow Tool, as I mentioned earlier, maybe some others); sometimes not by just having those mods active but depending on their settings or just after entering their settings page. In the latter case it can help to remove More Planning after changes made, then add it again (if simple restart is not enough).
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.