[A17] Rainbeau's Mods - Bridges, Backstories, Smooth Walls, Terraforming & More!

Started by dburgdorf, May 06, 2017, 06:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: Belgrath on July 15, 2017, 03:48:33 AM
No he hasn't updated his mod. I have been updating/using for myself, but as of my last post here I shared the updated version on the forum.

See I was running a very old version which is why I said that. I was unaware it had even been updated. So new fishes, fishing and building on bridges (stone) at least is news to me and am happy I decided to look at the end of this topic.

QuoteIndeed I was using the old version, thinking I had switched over to the workshop version. Sorry my bad!

Then you said this and it made it even more confusing to read. From what you said "No he hasn't updated his mod. I have been updating/using for myself" Conflicts with what you say in this quote above.

Anyway, I'm just happy I noticed it was updated by anybody. It fixed the "Placeworkers -texture error floor" error in the console. Also giving new things.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

Belgrath

Ok, I wasn't clear in what I meant.
But it's ItchyFlea's fences mod that I had been updating, because it hasn't been updated from A15.
I have the Basic Bridges mod from the forum and also the workshop version.
Thinking I had loaded the workshop version, and there for be up to date but no I was using the older version from the forum.
Also I edited my last post so people can read it more like what I meant.
I love testing things and watching them break   :P
Sure I'll test it for you!
"Are you a Wizard^^ Belgrath?"
"maybe..."

dburgdorf

Last update: 7/22/2017

Let's Go Crazy!

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called 'life.' Electric word, 'life.' It means 'forever,' and that's a mighty long time, especially out here on the Rim! 'Cause life on the Rim is brutal. You need to know that. Soon enough, you'll see things that will shock and disgust you. Then, you'll find yourself *doing* things that will shock and disgust you. But in time, you'll find that you're no longer shocked or disgusted. And that's when you'll know that you are truly one of us!"

This is a little mod for those players who believe that psychopaths make the best colonists. It won't increase the odds that your starting pawns will be psychopaths, but it will allow them to *become* psychopaths after dealing long enough with the harsh realities of life on the Rim. Any pawn who doesn't have the "Kind" trait and who doesn't have a backstory (such as "Empath") which disallows the "Psychopath" trait will, in time, "snap." It's not a matter of "if," but a matter of "when." Pawns with high Social skill may take a bit longer to snap. Pawns with the "Bloodlust," "Cannibal" or "Abrasive" traits will snap that much sooner. And, of course, a pawn's mood will also affect the likelihood of a snap. But in time, all will succumb to the madness of the Rim.

* NOTE: The frequency of these "snaps" may very well still need to be adjusted! Please provide feedback letting me know if the snaps seem too frequent, too rare, or just about right! *

In addition, pawns you capture or recruit from non-pirate factions will be slightly more likely than in vanilla to already have the "Psychopath" trait. And pawns from pirate factions will be very likely to have it.

On a side note, the mod also adjusts the character display tab so that up to six (instead of just four) traits can be seen.

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Compatibility:

"We're All Mad, Here!" can safely be added to or deleted from a game in progress, and shouldn't conflict with any other mods.

Credits:

The existence of this mod is indirectly the fault of InfinityKage, who innocently asked on the Ludeon forums if there was a way to add the "Psychopath" trait to pawns mid-game.

The mod utilizes Pardeike's "Harmony Patch Library." (No additional download is required, as the library is included with the mod.)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

And while Jecrell was opening the doors to the evil beyond ....
nobody knew that it was you who compelled him from there.
And damn, this literaly drove me crazy last year, when I tried something similiar in A16..

I assume this is compatible with "pawns are capable" ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 22, 2017, 01:24:57 PM

It should work just fine with either version.

Today's my birthday. I've got to do *something* a little strange.  ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on July 22, 2017, 01:59:16 PM

Oooooh .. uuuhm .. yeah.

That makes sense. I was wondering why the candles look different, and why there are so many.

Happy Birthday then, and thank you for your kind gift to us ..

kaptain_kavern

notfood

dburgdorf

Last update: 7/23/2017

"More Trait Slots" is a pretty simple mod. It doesn't add new traits to the game, but it will work well with mods that do, as it allows you to configure the minimum and maximum number of traits that pawns will start with. It also adjusts the character display tab so that up to seven (or up to nine with a smaller font) traits can actually be seen.

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Compatibility:

"More Trait Slots" can safely be added to or deleted from a game in progress, and shouldn't conflict with any other mods.

If you're using "EdB Prepare Carefully," you might see a warning message if you assign more traits to a pawn than the vanilla character tab would be able to display, but you can safely ignore that message. And you should have no other issues when using the two mods together.

Credits:

The mod utilizes Pardeike's "Harmony Patch Library." (No additional download is required, as the library is included with the mod.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

onerous1

You're pretty active on your birthday. Happy birthday to you. Go get some rest. Or not because it's your birthday and you can do what you want.

Mufflamingo

A gift for you. I made a bath house with a pool inside using deep water tile using terraforming. You can have a pool party.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Bleeeee. . . . .

Canute

You forget to tame some naked waternympho's they will wash the backs of the bathguests !! :-)

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on July 22, 2017, 01:59:16 PM

It should work just fine with either version.

What I meant to say yesterday is that your Evil Ways created a gateway drug that will finally lead us to dynamic traits.
Sadly my Internet decided it was done for that day ..

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated:

- Instead of having a random chance to be "damaged beyond repair" without warning, shellfish traps now take damage each time something is caught, so that pawns assigned to construction work can keep them repaired and prevent them from being destroyed.

- Shellfish-related recipes are now usable at stone ovens from RimRue's "Tribal Essentials" mod.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

More Trait Slots has been updated:

- The number of traits that pawns start with (both minimum and maximum) is now configurable, anywhere from 0 to 8.

- The font size of the traits list is also configurable. The normal font size will allow up to seven traits to be seen, while the smaller font size will handle up to nine.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?