[1.0] Rim of Madness - Bones V2.0

Started by SihvMan, May 18, 2017, 04:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SihvMan

Quote from: TOWC on June 03, 2017, 08:57:48 AM
Quote from: SihvMan on June 02, 2017, 08:18:46 PM
Quote from: TOWC on June 02, 2017, 03:50:47 PM
Bone traps are a bit too op.
They deal 6 more damage than those made of plasteel.
Plus are inflammable and, ofc, are much easier to make, since bones can be found EVE-RY-WHEEEERE, basically.

Huh. Really? That seems a bit odd, as I didn't increase bones damage modifiers that much.

Yeah, kind of strange.

Alright, I don't know how/when I changed it, but somehow the sharp damage modifier got ramp'd up. I'll bring it back down for the next release, but if it bothers you that much, you can change it yourself. Just go to;
Bones Mod/Defs/ThingDefs_Items/Items_Resources_Bones.xml
and search for
<SharpDamageMultiplier>

Change the value to 0.8 (or whatever you want), and it should be back in line with Core values.

TOWC

Alright, I don't know how/when I changed it, but somehow the sharp damage modifier got ramp'd up. I'll bring it back down for the next release, but if it bothers you that much, you can change it yourself. Just go to;
Bones Mod/Defs/ThingDefs_Items/Items_Resources_Bones.xml
and search for
<SharpDamageMultiplier>

Change the value to 0.8 (or whatever you want), and it should be back in line with Core values.
[/quote]

Nah, it doesn't bother me a bit, I just report stuff that I think is suspicious.
Great mod, anyway. I mean, it brings back those wonderful memories from Dwarf Fortress, where you could get bones from butchered creatures too. Could be nice to have some sort of division between animal bones and humanoid bones(you know, beauty penalty for non-psycho-bloodlust human creatures because of ethical reasons, etc., etc.) but it's fine as it is. Keep up the good job.

Cabdono

Any plans on adding patches for animal mods?  Pygmy muffalo, ZWAnimals, etc

SihvMan

Quote from: Cabdono on June 09, 2017, 01:40:07 PM
Any plans on adding patches for animal mods?  Pygmy muffalo, ZWAnimals, etc

There isn't any planned at current time, but I suppose I can add some patches if there's one or two people really want. My main focus for v1.2 is going to be on bug-fixing and bonecrete.

Ashardalon411

i have some mods's suggestions for add bones: minions, smurfs, araknids, zombieland in others
All of them generate really a lot of creatures when they spawn.
It can be nice if the mod can make a little change to their butching recipe to add some bones ;)

edit: with zombieland its impossible because they instantly disapear

Sleeeper

very useful mod in ice biome, making campfires and charcoal out of bones, thanks :]

Galrent

Quote from: SihvMan on June 12, 2017, 10:09:58 AM
There isn't any planned at current time, but I suppose I can add some patches if there's one or two people really want. My main focus for v1.2 is going to be on bug-fixing and bonecrete.

They just released an "Animal Colab Project" mod on Steam, it'd be wonderful if you considered this mod for the bone patch.

(Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=949283405 )

Also, I was curious if you had any plans to throw this up on Steam? Might make it a bit easier to find. :)

SihvMan

Quote from: Galrent on June 20, 2017, 01:15:29 AM

They just released an "Animal Colab Project" mod on Steam, it'd be wonderful if you considered this mod for the bone patch.

Also, I was curious if you had any plans to throw this up on Steam? Might make it a bit easier to find. :)

Now that collab I could see adding a patch for. Steam will be released w/ 1.2

Galrent

Quote from: SihvMan on June 20, 2017, 10:22:00 PM
Quote from: Galrent on June 20, 2017, 01:15:29 AM

Now that collab I could see adding a patch for. Steam will be released w/ 1.3

Awesome! Sounds amazing, thanks, Sihv!

PreDiabetic

I made custom patch for fishes in Rikiki's Fish Industry https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13172.0

Add to patch folder in Bones Mod/Patches

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

SihvMan

Quote from: damngrl on June 21, 2017, 04:24:45 PM
I made custom patch for fishes in Rikiki's Fish Industry https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13172.0

Excellent! Mind if I include it in the next release?

PreDiabetic

Quote from: SihvMan on June 22, 2017, 07:18:36 AM
Quote from: damngrl on June 21, 2017, 04:24:45 PM

Excellent! Mind if I include it in the next release?

Sure no problem. But I didn't include all water animals because some of the animals he added don't have bones. (like squid,shellfish)

Canute

I don't think there is a way to switch the bone creating during gameplay. After a while you have a hugh surplus of bones.

And i want to know, when bonewalls arn't flameable, how you can made a campfire out of them ?
But when you let these feature alive, maybe you should made a patch for fueled generator that it allwow bones as fuel too.

- bow, don't reflect the better sharp damage of bones compared to wood. They got the same stats. You should create a special bone short/great bow recipe with higher damage.
For mellee weapons the game auto. adjust the stats of the weapon based on the material.

Dark_Inquisitor

Well, I see that this mod has a big potential, especially for early game :D
Tough the amount of bones you get... Yeah. I was playing around with the values for some time, and figured that 8*(creature body size) gives you pretty good values, i.e.: 1 bone for rats, but 17 for muffalos, and 30-32 for the biggest animals (thrumbos, elephants, megasloths).
So yeah. Also figured that you might like those textures:

(pinned this to the post in attachments)

Keep up the good work! :D

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

SihvMan

Quote from: Dark_Inquisitor on June 24, 2017, 06:09:03 PM
Well, I see that this mod has a big potential, especially for early game :D
Tough the amount of bones you get... Yeah. I was playing around with the values for some time, and figured that 8*(creature body size) gives you pretty good values, i.e.: 1 bone for rats, but 17 for muffalos, and 30-32 for the biggest animals (thrumbos, elephants, megasloths).
So yeah. Also figured that you might like those textures:

(pinned this to the post in attachments)

Keep up the good work! :D

Ooooh! Thanks for textures!

Yeah, have been meaning to go through bone drop values, just keep getting caught in other things. Tying them to the body size is actually a great idea, and even makes patching others easier for the future.