[1.3] [KV] RimFridge [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, May 28, 2017, 01:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

Updated for B19

New Wall fridges have been added!

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1180721235

Direct Download: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-rimfridge/releases/download/B19/RimFridge.zip

Use ModSync RW to know if/when there's an update

Kiame

Awe

Is it possible to make fridges valid for bills destination? Take to best stockpile is working, but enchanced functionality like delivering to exact fridge or checking fridge for meals count is not available.

Kiame

If it's another mod that adds that I'd ask there about adding support. This mod allows renaming fridges and is a stockpile.

spyderwebsc

Quote from: Awe on August 30, 2018, 05:48:59 AM
Is it possible to make fridges valid for bills destination? Take to best stockpile is working, but enchanced functionality like delivering to exact fridge or checking fridge for meals count is not available.

I think he is talking about the "take to best stockpile" and the "look everywhere" menus in the bills for a cookstove. Rimfridge stockpiles aren't listed in either menu. (see attachment)

This isn't a problem unless you have two rimfridges and you want to set up seperate bills to keep each one stocked with a different amount of the same kind of meals.(think dining room and prisoner room). You can't specify which fridge to look in or take the meals to.

As for counting the items in a rimfridge stockpile, I haven't had that problem. He might be having the problem that occurs when you tell the cook to "drop on floor". The cook doesn't count the meals on the floor, so you have the possibility where the cook just keeps on cooking meals and doesn't stop until he runs out of raw resources or a pawn finally comes and hauls the meals to a stockpile. To avoid this, make a stockpile behind where the cook stands and make it a lower priority than the fridge stockpile priority and leave the "look everywhere menu" to "look everywhere". This isn't caused by your mod though. Apparently "look everywhere" doesn't mean look everywhere.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kiame

Wow been playing for a year and didn't know about that menu....

rawrfisher

Quote from: Kiame on August 30, 2018, 11:24:55 AM
Wow been playing for a year and didn't know about that menu....
Its been around in some form since a14 if im not msitaken.
B19 tho expanded on that quite heavily tho
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Kiame

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to get to this this weekend

Canute

No that menu was Better Workbench  Mod before for B18.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33083.0

And it is one of the new B19 feature.

Kiame

Haha ok I feel better. I did start using better workbench but didn't use everything in it. Since it is in vanilla now I will get rimfridge to work with it. Same with change dresser, weapon storage, and infinite storage

Kiame

Dug into the code and there's a problem.

[Technical]
Buildings that store items inherit Building_Storage which in turn inherit ISlotGroupParent and IHaulDestination which are both required for adding an option to a bill's destination (this code is in Dialog_BillConfig.DoWindowContents search for "hauld"). The problem is, the bill's destination then requires the destination to be a Zone_Stockpile (which itself inherits ISlotGroupParent and IHaulDestination).

In the end RimFridge cannot inheit both abstract Building_Storage and Zone_Stockpile.
[End Technical]

Re-writing that much code specifically for bills is outside of the bounds for this mod. Hopefully a workbench or bill mod will come out that has support for non-stockpile destinations.

Canute

So you can't deliver things the the vanilla shelf's too ?
Then maybe  ask the Rimworld devs about it. Since the delivery thing is a new B19 feature they maybe didn't thought about to deliver to shelf's yet.

spyderwebsc

Thanks for the effort and the explanation, it's very much appreciated.

Kiame

Created a Suggestion thread for picking buildings as a bills destination: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43971.msg430150#msg430150