[1.2] Better Workbench Management (QoL mod)

Started by falconne, May 30, 2017, 06:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

So far I think you've fixed it. Thanks so much! ;D

falconne

FYI for anyone using the manual download, the new release is now good to go and I've updated the first post.

falconne

Just did a minor update with mostly compatibility fixes:

* Fix handling of "Make any stone block" bill's copy/paste operation.
* Fix some UI issues when RimFactory and Prison Labor mods are being used.
* Add option to disable extra UI buttons if they interfere with other mods.

Harry_Dicks

Ruisuki

any chance of you applying set ownership functionality to joy sources Falconne? It would help save time by not having pawns go halfway across my base to reach the joy house for my Hospitality guests. Also keep my shooting range tidy by keeping my heavy shooters far away from it.

falconne

I will add it to the list to look at in the future

Canute

Quote from: falconne on January 20, 2018, 04:19:01 PM
A number of people have asked for RimFridge support. I'll look into it.

I'm keeping track of features I intend to add here: https://github.com/Falconne/ImprovedWorkbenches/issues
Hi falconne,
Any progress about the Rimfridge support ?
And btw. keep up the good work ! :-)

falconne

I have started looking at it, but will be a couple of weeks before I can spend a lot of time on it

CrossLegacy

I may have missed it going through all the features, but is there any way this mod can help me prioritize a workbench being used over another? Like if I want my pawns to butcher all available animals BEFORE they start on the cooking bills. Thank you in advance!

Canute

CrossLegacy,
i don't think.
But you can use the WorkTab mod, then you can expand the cooking row, and give butchering a higher priority.

CrossLegacy

Quote from: Canute on April 25, 2018, 09:02:46 AM
CrossLegacy,
i don't think.
But you can use the WorkTab mod, then you can expand the cooking row, and give butchering a higher priority.

Cheers mate, and thanks for pointing it my way.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Canute on April 25, 2018, 09:02:46 AM
CrossLegacy,
i don't think.

Great advice, I love to set my cook to have both butchering and refueling of cook stations one step higher than the cooks actual cooking duties. Works very well!

falconne

Quote from: CrossLegacy on April 25, 2018, 06:51:06 AM
I may have missed it going through all the features, but is there any way this mod can help me prioritize a workbench being used over another? Like if I want my pawns to butcher all available animals BEFORE they start on the cooking bills. Thank you in advance!

Using the Work Tab mod as suggested is the way to do this. I can't add priorities for individual workbenches because that would conflict with job priorities, it's just the base game doesn't give you fine control our work priorities, but Work Tab does.

CSGMat

Halo.
me use Infinite Storage mods,
me make sculptures and place in Infinite Storage,
but sculptures inside Infinite Storage not counted on sculptor table management (?).
thank you.

falconne

I have created an issue for it, I will see if it's easy to add support for it.