[1.3] [KV] Force Pawn to Do a Job [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, June 01, 2017, 01:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on August 08, 2017, 05:40:25 PM
Hey Kiame, I've created a Pull Request on GitHub that adds compatibility with my Work Tab.

You'll need to manually add a reference to the latest version of WorkTab to compile it, but for users, it will just workTM with or without WorkTab.

Oh awesome thanks Fluffy!

I'll try to get to it tonight. Tomorrow at the latest.

faltonico

Looking forward to that fix.. Playing is not the same without this mod.

Kiame

There's a bug in the fix. The schedule does not get set just the priority. I need to dig more into fluffy's mod and see what's up

I'll try to get to it this weekend =)

faltonico

Canute

I notice something curious lately.
The minions are stealing the item a crafter/cook haul to the workbench to do his job. They don't realy steal, they just haul it back. And special when the cook need 3-4 stacks he rarely got a chance when the minions arn't busy somewhere else.
I found out that the mod "Force Pawn to Do a Job"
is the main reason behind this. Looks the mod let animals haul "reserved by" item.
I am not sure if it is just minions or all animals since i just got 2 grizzly vs. 20 minions for hauling.

Kiame

Hmm not sure how that would work as this mod only changes what happens when the user selects an object for a pawn to act on... So there's no way this mod can change how NPCs act or even how pawns act without user-interaction

Canute

I am 100% sure, i even redownload it again for the latest release.
Maybe it is a combination with Minions, since Minions can do things normal animals wouldn't do like mining,cleaning,repairing.

And only with this mod active i am geting the right click option to haul "reserved by..." items.

Kiame

"Reserved By..." is vanilla, this mod does not add that.

All this mod does is when a user right clicks on an item, if the pawn is not assigned to do that task (but is capable of doing it) it will override their assignment and allow them to do it. If the mod that adds 'minions' uses FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor (which it shouldnt unless minions can be individually controlled by the player)

I can take a look at the minions mod for what may be happening if you can give me a link to it.

Kiame

Updated for A18. See first post for links

Kiame

A18 - Updated to work with WorkTab

notfood

Do you think you could make it so Modsync is given a url pointing to a (json? xml?) file, normally on github, that details modsync whatever it needs to know to keep the mod updated? It'd help adoption a lot. Right now maintaing yet another repository is just more work.

kaptain_kavern

It's already built-in.
Once registered you can give the site your repo URL and it will read the sync data file from there

Kiame

Yep as kaptain_kavern says it's built in.

In the near future I want to get an in-game dialog window which will have all the fields to fill in when submitting a mod.
Currently from the ModSync.ninja website when submitting a mod, after verifying the forum post is yours scroll down and you'll be asked to point to the ModSync.xml file in your github repo.

I'm not sure if there's a way currently to update the mod to point to github after the fact but we are getting ready to release new ways to update mods including in-game. Stay tuned  :)