[1.0] TropiCKAPP Rainforest Mod

Started by kaptain_kavern, June 04, 2017, 09:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sp0nge

Ever plan on putting this on Steam Workshop? And whats the policy on usage in modpacks?

Someone64

This has compatibility issues with the cave biome mod as it crashes on world gen when loaded together.

wwWraith

Someone64 - no, I'm currently playing with both TropiCKAPP and Cave Biome without crashes.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

dburgdorf

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on June 30, 2017, 12:25:14 PM
In fact, I even asked for some help from R-FF's author for making it more compatible. If it's possible I would prefer for my modded floor to be deactivated if R-FF is present.

I took a look at what you've got, and making them compatible will be a piece of cake.  And I'm working on a "Fertile Fields" update, anyway, so it shouldn't be long before it's done. ;) The next version of my mod will make sure that any attempt to turn packed dirt to soil will work on either type of packed dirt, and will also patch your packed dirt so it can't be directly constructed, so that packed dirt floors/paths/whatever will have to be constructed via my mod's terraform soil to packed dirt option.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

BlueWinds

Just wanted to second the report of "too many jungle cats" - the number starts out looking fine, but over the course of a year or two, they eat everything else and seem to become more common.

Thanks again for continuing to work on this, I really enjoy the unique challenge of the new jungle. Keeping the farm clear of weeds is almost a full-time job for one of my pawns!

Meatbomb

I have been using this mod a lot last couple of weeks.  I love it!

Of course I also have feedback, keep in mind that key message is "I love it" and would not be complaining if I didn't care  :)

1) Yes, there are too many cats.  Tigers panthers jaguars it becomes a swarm, need to kill 1 or 2 every night and still they are everywhere.

2) Tree size scaling.  Because it seems many of the trees have their drawsize increased, it is very unclear where usable lumber is.  Huge tree... nope,  no wood there, that is a brand new junior mahogany sprout...

3) Related to above, because of the scaling and because the graphics of the trees include a lot of "underbrush", it gets way too packed and very unclear what is where.  The extra bushes / ferns at the bottom of trees end up in adjacent tiles.

Canute

Quote from: Meatbomb on July 03, 2017, 04:09:36 AM
2) Tree size scaling.  Because it seems many of the trees have their drawsize increased, it is very unclear where usable lumber is.  Huge tree... nope,  no wood there, that is a brand new junior mahogany sprout...
You should just made a big growing zone around your base, but disable sowing. Your people will auto. cut down trees when they are mature.

faltonico

Quote from: Canute on July 03, 2017, 04:57:31 AM
Quote from: Meatbomb on July 03, 2017, 04:09:36 AM
You should just made a big growing zone around your base, but disable sowing. Your people will auto. cut down trees when they are mature.
Or view the growth percentage before designating to cut.

Meatbomb

It is not so much that I need suggestions on how to find usable wood.  I can figure that out  :)  It is that the decisions made about the way graphics display in this mod means that the relation between what you see (many many huge trees) and the actual gamestate (baby trees with no wood but look huge) is broken.  Looking at the game should provide useful information and by making most jungle trees (especially mahogany) way bigger than initial game design would dictate means you cannot look and see this information in a simple and natural way.

If there was a mod that was "goth" and had all pawn clothes always bloodied, this would be a design flaw... yes you can still go to health tab to see injury status, but at a glance it would look like all pawns are always injured.  Game data being obscured by a design / display change. Same idea here, but with the trees looking too big  :) 

faltonico

Interestingly, I on the other side see the base game sizes of trees as a design flaw.

There are big mahogany and bigger ones. Pick the bigger ones.

2Ton21

Biggest problem I have with the trees and growth states is that it seems they take the same amount of time to cut down a full grown mahogany as it does a 1% sprout :P. Work to cut down trees should be relative to their growth and how much wood you get.

Yeah too many cats... I constantly have to have my turrets shooting them as they walk into my base every morning, and hope they don't try to attack a colonist or that dude is gone for good.

hoaxdream

any ideas

CE returning BodyType Undefined for pawn CK_Python116867
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
CombatExtended.CE_Utility:GetCollisionBodyFactors(Pawn)
CombatExtended.CollisionVertical:CalculateHeightRange(Thing, FloatRange&, Single&)
CombatExtended.CollisionVertical:.ctor(Thing)
CombatExtended.CE_Utility:GetBoundsFor(Thing)
CombatExtended.<>c__DisplayClass59_0:<CanHitCellFromCellIgnoringRange>b__0(IntVec3)
Verse.GenSight:LineOfSight(IntVec3, IntVec3, Map, Boolean, Func`2, Int32, Int32)
CombatExtended.Verb_LaunchProjectileCE:CanHitCellFromCellIgnoringRange(IntVec3, IntVec3, Thing, Boolean)
CombatExtended.Verb_LaunchProjectileCE:CanHitFromCellIgnoringRange(IntVec3, LocalTargetInfo, IntVec3&)
CombatExtended.Verb_LaunchProjectileCE:TryFindCEShootLineFromTo(IntVec3, LocalTargetInfo, ShootLine&)
CombatExtended.Verb_LaunchProjectileCE:CanHitTargetFrom(IntVec3, LocalTargetInfo, String&)
CombatExtended.Verb_LaunchProjectileCE:CanHitTarget(LocalTargetInfo, String&)
CombatExtended.Harmony.Harmony_TooltipUtility_ShotCalculationTipString_Patch:Postfix(String&, Thing)
Verse.TooltipUtility:ShotCalculationTipString_Patch1(Thing)
Verse.TooltipGiverList:DispenseAllThingTooltips()
RimWorld.MapInterface:MapInterfaceOnGUI_BeforeMainTabs()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

kaptain_kavern

Hi hoaxdream,

From all I gathered, CE needs "special" animals (coded in a specific way) to be compatible. And tbh I haven't even started to look in that direction as I'm not using CE at all. I will have to make a patch I guess

It's something I may look into later, but for now, I have too many things to do. Updating and splitting the mod, making other mods, compatibility patches, Steam release, etc ...

hoaxdream

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 06, 2017, 09:20:55 AM
Hi hoaxdream,

From all I gathered, CE needs "special" animals (coded in a specific way) to be compatible. And tbh I haven't even started to look in that direction as I'm not using CE at all. I will have to make a patch I guess

It's something I may look into later, but for now, I have too many things to do. Updating and splitting the mod, making other mods, compatibility patches, Steam release, etc ...

yea my bad i didn't read that CE incompatible with adding new animals. thanks

MCreeper

From which mod  is this cool water on 4 and 5 comparing screens and is it saw to downloading if i a bit lagging on high speeds after a while?