[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xubrim

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on July 02, 2017, 03:34:29 AM
Quote from: Xubrim on July 02, 2017, 12:13:13 AM

Are you using an outdated version? The infinite loop food/drug pickup was fixed in 1.2 already.

I just some more testing using a clean install with just Combat Extended, and once again using with just CE, Hugs, and Smarter Food Selection. SendOwl and GitHub versions were used.

With just CE, there's no food pickup loop. Pawns also don't use hay to train, BUT if the pawn manually picks up hay (or has it in their loadout) they can use it to train fine. Strange. It's like the game doesn't natively realize that hay is a valid option.

With all three installed, the loop happens as previously described. Again, this loop ONLY occurs with hay. Corn, rice, kibble, meals, literally anything else (I didn't test nutrient paste, I suppose?) works fine. Contrary to what I said earlier, this occurs regardless of if the "Control Pets" toggle is enabled.

I'm beginning to think that there's just something really damn weird with how hay is setup.

Sorry for the hassle, but I appreciate how responsive you've been.

Quote from: rambo on July 02, 2017, 03:38:22 AM
can this work with misc training facility?

It works fine, but keep in mind that training requires ammo. Make sure to have a bill setup so you don't run out of ammo, charge rifles are expensive, ect.

NoImageAvailable

It would make sense that hay bugs out. CE is relying on certain vanilla behavior to clear its inventory of forced hold raw food and its hardcoded to certain ingestible properties. Could be that hay doesn't fit all the conditions and so never gets cleared properly, or that Smarter Food selection messes with this behavior to enable hay and the change doesn't carry over into CE.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Umbreon117

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on July 02, 2017, 04:58:44 PM
It would make sense that hay bugs out. CE is relying on certain vanilla behavior to clear its inventory of forced hold raw food and its hardcoded to certain ingestible properties. Could be that hay doesn't fit all the conditions and so never gets cleared properly, or that Smarter Food selection messes with this behavior to enable hay and the change doesn't carry over into CE.
I have CE as well as that mod loaded and ready to go, and my base has a huge stockpile of Hay. I'll check to see if it happens to me as well.

In the morning at least. It's bloody 11:42 as I am typing this, leave me alone! XD
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

JustALittleCrazyTalk

Anvil_Pants

Orange 'Orange' Bascullo wasn't being tracked by HoldTracker and tried to forget a ThingDef RawRice.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
CombatExtended.Utility_HoldTracker:HoldTrackerForget(Pawn, Thing)
CombatExtended.Harmony.Harmony_JobGiver_DropUnusedInventory_Drop:Prefix(JobGiver_DropUnusedInventory, Pawn, Thing)
RimWorld.JobGiver_DropUnusedInventory:Drop_Patch1(Object, Pawn, Thing)
RimWorld.JobGiver_DropUnusedInventory:TryGiveJob(Pawn)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Loading game from file Debuggers with mods Core, DeCore A17, Anvil Patch - Core, Large Map Save Game Fix, Butcher Mood Fix, HugsLib, Miscellaneous 'CORE', Fluffy Breakdowns, Misc. Incidents, Misc. MapGenerator, Misc. MapGen FactionBase, Misc. Bees'n'Honey, Misc. Objects, Misc. Training, Misc. MAI, Misc. Robots, Misc. Robots++, Blueprints, Colony Manager, Follow Me, Medical Tab, Relations Tab, Work Tab, AllowDeadMansApparel, Allow Tool, Better Workbench Management, CleaningArea, HelpTab, Heat Map, JTMoreAreas, MJ - MiniMap (A17), JTZoneButtons, MineItAll, [FSF] No Default Shelf Storage, ResearchPal, Storage Search A17, EdB Prepare Carefully, Billy's Improved Caravan Formation, Billy's Improved Load Transport Pods, JTBetterHauling, Hand Me That Brick, Haul to Stack, Xeva's Rimhair (A15, A16, A17), [T] MoreFloors, MT - Silent Doors, Where's the gravel? - Grayscale Edition, Additional Traits v2.2 [A17 Update], Extended traits, Genetically Engineered Trait, L-Traits, Pawns Are Capable!, Prisoner Harvesting, TAG Trait, Temperature Tolerant, Psychology, Brainwashing, Cold Desert Nights, Combat Readiness Check, Dubs Hygiene and Central Heating, ED-Laser Drill, Enlighten, Expanded Power, Faction Discovery, Force Do Job, Glitter Tech (No Surgery), Hospitality, I Can Fix It!, Infused, Limited Blight, Matching Embrasures, Mending, Miniaturisation, No Death Randomness, QualityBuilder, Quality Cooldown, QualitySurgeon, RedistHeat, GHXX Tech Advancing, Vanilla-Friendly Weapon Expansion, Combat Extended, Combat Extended Guns, Anvil - Vampire, and Anvil Patch - Workshop
Verse.Log:Message(String)
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__84F()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

JustALittleCrazyTalk

Wait I have a better question, how are you supposed to beat poison ships before its possible to turret spam given that cover apparently does absolutely nothing against scythers?  I don't think they missed a single shot.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

MightyGooga

Hey guys,

So Im playing Sk hardcore, which just added CE in place of Combat Realism. There is something bothering me thoug. I had a colonist with melee 15, and a hammer, try to beat a Fly to death (Didnt use finish), and it took ages for the guy to kill the fly. Is that suppose to happen? If not, just be warned it is. Thanks for the effort on this mod, its great.

JustALittleCrazyTalk

Quote from: gustavoghe on July 03, 2017, 02:18:15 PM
Hey guys,

So Im playing Sk hardcore, which just added CE in place of Combat Realism. There is something bothering me thoug. I had a colonist with melee 15, and a hammer, try to beat a Fly to death (Didnt use finish), and it took ages for the guy to kill the fly. Is that suppose to happen? If not, just be warned it is. Thanks for the effort on this mod, its great.

It's probably an out of date version of CE, there was a note in the changelog about preventing that (though shooting small critters is still nearly impossible).

JustALittleCrazyTalk

Changing my question: Does cover do anything of any kind?

I dropped the Scyther accuracy down from ungodly to 100% and got nearly the same result, this time they missed *one* shot while wiping my shooters (and the only one that missed was badly injured).  Come to think, tribals have had really good aim with their bows while I'm under cover too...

Tanelorn

In my experience playing tribal hard, the accuracy drop off for bows is really bad. My tribals I have a hell of a time hitting anything that isn't right in their face.  On the other extreme, the mechanoids  are super deadly. I am forced to save and reload many times during a fight, because they often get decapitated on the first shot even behind good cover.

The game in general is bad about scaling raids etc for tribals, often bringing in large high tech raiders or poison ships against my spears and bows. But thats a bit off topic.

JustALittleCrazyTalk

Bows are perfectly effective against poison ships in the base game, that's really a balance problem with the mod not adjusting the more dangerous events to be reflective.

But its not even that, I'm using firearms, I can hit the scythers just fine (or at least the two with excellent bolt action rifles hit, I need to ditch that poor rifle). The problem is cover isn't introducing a miss chance as far as I can tell. In the base game with this configuration (I don't use door exploits for what that's worth, just walls and sandbags/embrasures) I can trade shots with scythers all day and night. Even if I turn the scythers' weapon handling down to zero they still hit consistently though.

JustALittleCrazyTalk

Ok I figured out if I turn 'AimingAccuracy' down they'll start missing. So here's a new experiment, I set it to .5, and ran the fight both with and without cover.

I did better without cover, just leaving the pawns standing where the cover would have been. tried a third with sandbags instead of embraces and that was the worst of the three. If the cover is doing anything, its too small to overcome the inherent randomness.

PeteTimesSix

Over in my mod thread...
Quote from: PeteTimesSix on July 03, 2017, 11:10:52 PM
Added basic CE compatibility. When CE is loaded, SimpleSidearms disables its own inventory management and postfixes CE's alternative weapon verbs. It's pretty simplistic so I expect some issues to crop up, but there you go.
If anyone uses the two mods together, I'd love some reports on how (or if) it works fine now. Hopefully I can get SimpleSidearms removed from the list of conflicting mods.
Mods: SimpleSidearms | QOLTweaksPack
Check them out, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Tanelorn

Also a simple but important request, frag grenades need longer timers. They blow up before you can duck into cover.