[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terror4000rus

Quote from: ruPal on January 18, 2020, 05:47:57 AM
There is only rwo mods on your screenshot. Strange enough, but the first screenshot is from third mod - Mod Manager by Fluffy. How do you use it when it is not active?
I removed the all of my mods but this one and CE, then tried to start - got the same result and stopped at CE and core file. Now, I reinstalled the game (with removing the game's folder in LocalLow folder) and have this again. Idk how it works.

Canute

ruPal,
or maybe you clean your glass, thats the standard vanilla mod UI.
Fluffy's Modmanger looks more blackish at the background.

Terror4000rus,
did you overwrite the old mod files or did you delete the old mod folder first and then unzip/moved the new one ?
I have no such error, when i just activate Core + CE  1.8.2

Terror4000rus

Quote from: Canute on January 18, 2020, 06:35:09 AM
did you overwrite the old mod files or did you delete the old mod folder first and then unzip/moved the new one ?
Moved the folder with saves (in AppData), preferences and mods settings in new directory and then launched the game like nothing happend - so, I had standart settings.
Or what you mean under "old mod files? .-.

I deleted the old folder (with 1.7 version or so) and moved the new one.
QuoteI have no such error, when i just activate Core + CE  1.8.2
Looks like it is the problem with my version of game and I need at least try to download from other sources

ruPal

@Canute, it is true, my fault. Sorry, Terror4000rus. Since you are using local mods, but not Steam Workshop. There may be two problems - bad game files and bad mod files. Try to check game integrity in Steam and download latest version from here https://github.com/CombatExtendedRWMod/CombatExtended/releases or subscribe on SteamWorkshop. Also you should press Ctrl+F12 and publish your log file link here.

bladerunner170

@NoImageAvailable

I noticed you mentioned "the AoA announcement"? . I've been out from rimworld for a while and was reading over the changes to the mod. What exactly does this mean? What's AoA?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: bladerunner170 on January 29, 2020, 08:35:01 PM
@NoImageAvailable

I noticed you mentioned "the AoA announcement"? . I've been out from rimworld for a while and was reading over the changes to the mod. What exactly does this mean? What's AoA?

It's the game I'm working on
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

vaelophis

Using Prep. Carefully, I have somehow managed to give two of my pawns an ammo type that they cannot use, nor drop. 7.92x57mm Mauser. It takes up bulk and carrying space but is invalid for their guns.

Is there an easy way to force them to drop it?

EDIT:

In addition to this, I've been running into a bug that causes pawns to load up with dozens of melee shields, putting them hundreds of Kg over their max bulk & mass
I cannot figure out how to stop that

Matteroflight

Sorry I dont wanna be that guy but I guess I am :(

How long does it normally take for combat extended to go the latest (well I guess beta now) patch?
Having a hard time playing without this mod, it's just not as fun.

blongo

Quote from: Matteroflight on February 23, 2020, 11:29:30 AM
Sorry I dont wanna be that guy but I guess I am :(

How long does it normally take for combat extended to go the latest (well I guess beta now) patch?
Having a hard time playing without this mod, it's just not as fun.

Yeah... I don't want to critize the game, but Ive hated every update so far because its just me waiting for this mod. The game is just not fun without the mod.

Ammo logistics adds a whole new dimension to the game. Not to mention how it adds value to reusable melee weapons, and using different tactics.

1FSTCAT

I too will wait patiently for this mod to be updated. I agree that unlimited ammo makes vanilla feel too simple.

phuhque

When he does update, I hope he includes ammo for the Gauss Rifle.  The mod breaks the weapon because there isn't a way to create the ammo, at least not that I could find.

Canaris

Did the CE Guns mod got integreated into CE proper? Last update of it was soo long ago..
Phoneposter - typos will happen.

gjer

Is the new version going to be compatible with 32-bit?

Canute

There is no difference between 32 and 64 bit, only 32 bit Rimworld got a memory limit of 3.2Gb so you can't use that many mods together with large map/world.

gjer

Quote from: Canute on March 24, 2020, 06:46:21 AM
There is no difference between 32 and 64 bit, only 32 bit Rimworld got a memory limit of 3.2Gb so you can't use that many mods together with large map/world.

There was a missing HUD screen problem when i first tried CE for 1.0 version (with CE Guns and CE Melee) so i googled it i found out this: https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/e2hsex/combat_extended_missing_hud/ then i downloaded an older version of CE that worked just fine. I also remember trying CE for 1.0 as the only active mod but again missing HUD. So, is CE for 1.0 uses more than 3.2 gb memory or is it not compatible with 32-bit anymore?