RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

Quote from: Shinzy on August 22, 2014, 02:49:20 AM
could recreate all the Mavericks from megaman in rimworld, too, Ooooh!

That would be so AWESOME!!  That could also be a challenge storyteller event: The Mavericks are attacking!  :D

Quote from: Rahjital on August 22, 2014, 04:30:04 AM
Also, there was a screenshot on reddit showcasing the new trade interface, and one of the items for sale was a cobra leather duster. This means one thing - cobras! And what would a cobra be without its venom? Can't wait to see raiders move straight across a cobra den and see themselves paralyzed by a bite. Hell, I can't wait to keep a room full of cobras as a trap!

Unless they are spitting cobras, in which case we are screwed.

Yes!!  Deadly pets!  I can't wait for hostile animals, precisely so I can keep them in a trap welcome room!

skivvy96

Tyran seems to be able to do a huge amount in a short space of time.

UrbanBourbon

Quote from: skivvy96 on August 23, 2014, 04:34:43 PM
Legends say he's (originally) Canadian. I haven't seen him apologize for that so it might not be true but it would explain a lot of the quality work. I bet his keyboard is shaped like an axe and his monitor is full of stickers of conifer forests. If you listen closely in the wee hours of the night, you can occasionally hear a keyboard smash against the plastic frame of the monitor somewhere. Experienced people know it is the most effective of all coding techniques. Personally I think he has tricked a number of Americans to do his bidding. I live on the other side of the puddle called Atlantic but even then Tynan touches my life in ways that cannot be shown on a doll. Truly his influence is far-reaching. RimWorld is the everpresent droning we're all subjected to, and I, for one, am (hyper)sensitive to it.

One of these day we'll see an AI masquerading as a human. This AI will create awesome games to keep humans distracted while it moves forward with its plans to take control of the mankind. The only way to distinguish its existence is by observing the near-perfect work quality it produces in a suspiciously fast pace... Oh no...

Tynan

Quote from: UrbanBourbon on August 23, 2014, 06:43:24 PM
Quote from: skivvy96 on August 23, 2014, 04:34:43 PM
Legends say he's (originally) Canadian. I haven't seen him apologize for that so it might not be true but it would explain a lot of the quality work. I bet his keyboard is shaped like an axe and his monitor is full of stickers of conifer forests. If you listen closely in the wee hours of the night, you can occasionally hear a keyboard smash against the plastic frame of the monitor somewhere. Experienced people know it is the most effective of all coding techniques. Personally I think he has tricked a number of Americans to do his bidding. I live on the other side of the puddle called Atlantic but even then Tynan touches my life in ways that cannot be shown on a doll. Truly his influence is far-reaching. RimWorld is the everpresent droning we're all subjected to, and I, for one, am (hyper)sensitive to it.

One of these day we'll see an AI masquerading as a human. This AI will create awesome games to keep humans distracted while it moves forward with its plans to take control of the mankind. The only way to distinguish its existence is by observing the near-perfect work quality it produces in a suspiciously fast pace... Oh no...

Th... thank you... ? ... ! This is by far the strangest compliment I've ever received (I think) and one of the most intense!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

UrbanBourbon

Quote from: Tynan on August 23, 2014, 07:31:04 PM
Th... thank you... ? ... ! This is by far the strangest compliment I've ever received (I think) and one of the most intense!
Ok, ok... don't let it go to your head. Grab a keyboard and get smashing. Lunchtime is over. And you're not the only game dev I (we) look up to. Sometimes I wonder if people are the ones playing the games or if it's the game devs playing the humans (including me). The relationship between game devs and players is like the relationship between humans and a cats.

theapolaustic1

Quote from: UrbanBourbon on August 24, 2014, 04:39:54 AM
Quote from: Tynan on August 23, 2014, 07:31:04 PM
Ok, ok... don't let it go to your head. Grab a keyboard and get smashing. Lunchtime is over. And you're not the only game dev I (we) look up to. Sometimes I wonder if people are the ones playing the games or if it's the game devs playing the humans (including me). The relationship between game devs and players is like the relationship between humans and a cats.

Can I be a Ragdoll? Those guys are hysterical.

muffins

QuoteBuildings now take the color of the stuff they’re made from.
    Created color masking system so we can apply stuff color only on portions of the final thing’s image (e.g. silver beds have silver legs and frames, but not silver sheets).

Excuse me while I squeal like an over-excited dwarf.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

SSS

QuoteCreated color masking system so we can apply stuff color only on portions of the final thing's image (e.g. silver beds have silver legs and frames, but not silver sheets).
Darn. There goes my dream of having golden sheets and golden pillows on a golden bed frame. :p

This does sound pretty cool, though.

dd0029

Could we get this particular change reverted?

Quote from: Changelog
June 17
Removed loyalty and fear for now. Mental breaks now depend only on mood (renamed from happiness).

Since this change, crazy people have been much more of a challenge, positive thoughts are much harder to generate.

milon

It really depends on how you play.  If you ignore aesthetics, yes, people will go berserk.  If you pretty-up the place and feed them well, they'll be fine.  (Also, the new materials system [I assume] will have an impact on mood.  Choose your materials wisely.)

Dr. Z

QuoteVarious other buildings can now be made out of stuffs.

Looking forward to the potato-nuclear generator  :D
Prasie the Squirrel!

Coenmcj

Solar power panel made entirely from berries!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Shinzy

I don't know why exactly but I can envision Tynan chuckling to hisself while typing all this up
Quote from: Changelog Aug 27Door and powered door can now be made out of arbitrary stuffs.
    Walls can now be made of arbitrary stuffs.
    Walls made of different stuffs draw with the correct color and pattern (bricks, smooth, planks).
    Stuff can now override the sound for bullets impacting things made of it.
    Various other buildings can now be made out of stuffs.
    Stuffs can now apply both offsets and factors to stat values.
    Apparel made of different stuff have different damage deflection chances now. e.g. leather duster is better armor than cloth duster.
    Stats card merged with info card and cleaned up to display more stats, categorized, in a unified way.

Though.. maybe he's not as easily amused as I am ;D

muffins

QuoteApparel made of different stuff have different damage deflection chances now. e.g. leather duster is better armor than cloth duster

Colonist 1 : Are the new hats ready yet?
Colonist 2 : Over there on the bench.
Colonist 1 : But ... but these are made of ... bricks!
Colonist 2 : Do you want to lose an eye?!
Colonist 1 : *frantically puts brick hat on* I love this hat! Ooooh! Are that a matching brick shirt too?!!

Shinzy

Quote from: muffins on August 29, 2014, 03:37:24 AM
QuoteApparel made of different stuff have different damage deflection chances now. e.g. leather duster is better armor than cloth duster

Colonist 1 : Are the new hats ready yet?
Colonist 2 : Over there on the bench.
Colonist 1 : But ... but these are made of ... bricks!
Colonist 2 : Do you want to lose an eye?!
Colonist 1 : *frantically puts brick hat on* I love this hat! Ooooh! Are that a matching brick shirt too?!!

These guys stand no chance against invading group of martial artists