RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igabod

Quote from: Shinzy on January 27, 2015, 04:29:15 PM
they're tribals!
*"Ooga, Embaixada has throwstick in head" "Ooh?! Embaixada will go in carefluff after finishes floatwater. (throwstick making booboo behind embaixadas face)... Ooga booga! after next mug"

Just because they're tribals doesn't mean they don't have a fully functioning advanced language. There is some speculation that Neanderthals had a language that was as advanced as modern languages today. If they didn't have an advanced language then they wouldn't have been able to share the knowledge of how to make some of the things they did. Making stone tools is something you can learn just by watching someone else do it. But they had a special type of glue that was so complex to manufacture that even modern people with a background in engineering had trouble replicating it. The complexities of that manufacturing process demand that knowledge be shared verbally with precision. If you fail to get the precise measurements then you run the risk of setting fire to all the materials (which were very difficult to procure in those days) and possibly injuring yourself in a small explosion.

Completely useless information for most people, I know. But it's interesting to me and I'm sure someone else will find it at least a little interesting. So I shared it.

Gottzar

Jan 27
    Added ‘binging’ mental break state.
Uhmm "Binging" ??? ?

Ramsis

Quote from: Gottzar on January 28, 2015, 08:36:53 AM
Jan 27
    Added �binging� mental break state.
Uhmm "Binging" ??? ?

It's probably in terms of mass drinking or mass eating. To binge is to generally consume or do a lot of one thing just because one can.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Shinzy

I hope we can soon recreate the whole cast of Winnie the Pooh with all the mental states

muffins

Quote"Softer mental breaks"
Colonist doesn't want to get out of bed today.
Screw this! I'm getting drunk!
Punches someone with the abrasive trait (doesn't start a fight).
Bugger this! (colonist drops what he is doing in the snow and goes back to bed).
Tantrum (deconstructs the nearest table, meals go flying)
Vomiting (caused by stress)

[/speculation]

milon

If we're going to have soft mental breaks, I'd also like to see random mood elevations:
"It's snowing! I'm not cleaning today, Ima make a snowman!" (colonist constructs a snowman on a tile that's covered with snow, ~250 Beauty)
"Desert sunsets are so pretty!  I'm going to stay up all night and make some art to capture this." (constructs an Art thing with a related Tale)
"Hey guys, lets all sing while we mine! ;D" (Double/triple the social chat impact & radius of effect)
etc

Boboid

Little bit concerned that there are no apparel UI changes. It's already a bit fiddly to equip everyone correctly -even with UI mods- and I can only see that getting worse with damaged equipment.

Really hoping to see even something along the lines of " Only put on clothing of X or higher durability"
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

muffins

It'll be nice if the colonists grabbed clothes by themselves according to their preferences and needs. Going further, it'll be cool if colonists could own clothes and store them in a chest in their room, and changed clothes depending on the weather.

Haplo

Jan 28
Further work and refactor on mental breaks and binging.
When colonists get very drunk a tale will be recorded for future use in art descriptions.

Somehow it reminds me of this song, don't ask me why:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS3X1GlwnBs
(Stan Rogers - The Nancy)

or this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi0yh4jpdBM
(The Corries - Maids when you're young)

Evul

I can almost see a colony colaps due to drinking problems.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: milon on January 28, 2015, 11:44:37 AM
If we're going to have soft mental breaks, I'd also like to see random mood elevations:
"It's snowing! I'm not cleaning today, Ima make a snowman!" (colonist constructs a snowman on a tile that's covered with snow, ~250 Beauty)
"Desert sunsets are so pretty!  I'm going to stay up all night and make some art to capture this." (constructs an Art thing with a related Tale)
"Hey guys, lets all sing while we mine! ;D" (Double/triple the social chat impact & radius of effect)
etc

"Do you want to build a snowmaaaannn?"
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Coenmcj

Just noticed the Chemical Fascination Trait in the log, Will that, And alcohol itself have any place with prisoners at all?

Like will a colonist with the chemical fascination trait go and forcefeed a prisoner some booze to see how they react?
Will Prisoners be able to drink at all (Perhaps lowering their recruitment difficulty?.. As it lowers inhibitions Irl)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

milon

Personally, I'm trying to figure out how to weaponize alcohol.

Picture this: A siege party shows up, sets up camp.  One of them notices a stockpile of alcohol nearby.  Hooray!  Pirates get stupid-drunk, hung over, and murdered in their sleep.  ;D

Niknud

Quote from: milon on January 30, 2015, 10:03:05 AM
Personally, I'm trying to figure out how to weaponize alcohol.

Picture this: A siege party shows up, sets up camp.  One of them notices a stockpile of alcohol nearby.  Hooray!  Pirates get stupid-drunk, hung over, and murdered in their sleep.  ;D

The game has already weaponize alcohol even before alcohol was in the game ::::throws a Molotov cocktail::::

Darth Fool

"Refinements and bugfixing on flood-fill for fog clearing and zone creation"  Fog... Does this mean we will be getting fog of war, or is this just a weather effect?