RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lusername

Seems like we're losing things faster than we're gaining things. No more trees now?

skullywag

I would have preferred the trees dont grow under roofs option to stop people growing em underground. Im in the camp of i used it for beautification.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

warden

I hate complaining but yeah, i don't think removing fertilizer pumps and tree growing is a good idea. All it really does is make me dig up mods that allow me to place soil floors and such. More mods = more conflicts = more trouble for the player. I like keeping my mod collection as light as possible. I'd prefer having pumps and tree farms behind a heavy research wall than removed completely.

lusername

It's not so much the removing of things as it is that we seem to be losing more things than we're gaining. Development seems to have gotten a bit subtractive as of late. What things are we GETTING?

Shinzy

Quote from: lusername on March 05, 2015, 03:23:06 AM
It's not so much the removing of things as it is that we seem to be losing more things than we're gaining. Development seems to have gotten a bit subtractive as of late. What things are we GETTING?

Refinement and filling gaps!
(Ty is having his 'dentist' phase right now, dooon't a grind yer teeth or he'll have to keep going at it! *philosopher mode deactivate!*) we should start seeing new things popping up at A11

Boboid

Want a list?
You're getting:
Hunting AI improvements
Trait rebalances
Medical Xp fixes
Significant Food Ai improvements
Health UI improvements
Doctor AI improvements
Floor rebalancing..

I mean you're not getting the capacity to bake cookies, but the game is getting better.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

skullywag

A10 was going to be labelled an AI and general fixing stuff update last i heard. Im sure he'll add a whizbang feature before its done though, he cant resist.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

lusername

Quote from: Boboid on March 05, 2015, 04:00:11 AM
Want a list?
You're getting:
Yes, but these are just fixes to things which already exist. The number of actual things to DO is apparently shrinking. No more fertilizer pump. No more tree farms (why no more tree farms? We farm trees in real life...). Are we getting actual things to DO at some point, or will features just disappear one by one?

b0rsuk

Can someone explain what's the point of making trees non-sowable ? In my newbie eyes wood is the most common material, it's not durable and poses a fire hazard (I stopped putting wooden floors around wind turbines). You can't build anything serious with it. It's good for furniture, floors and doors where security is not a concern. But otherwise ? It seems wild plants will grow a little slower in A10.

Why would people sow trees in Rimworld ?

lusername

I'm not really clear why, either. You can plant trees in real life, and people do precisely this. The main reason to sow trees is because people like trees, and because it gives you a renewable resource of cheap input material.

Shinzy

well the trading becomes more meaningful
farming trees in the desert was way op
though I'm gna miss being able to plant them for decorative purposes

smaller log yield mite have been better than just taking them off entirely

b0rsuk

People keep saying stuff like "smaller log yield", but we all know what it means. You'd have to plant MORE trees to compensate.

Shinzy

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 05, 2015, 05:32:20 AM
People keep saying stuff like "smaller log yield", but we all know what it means. You'd have to plant MORE trees to compensate.

building huge enough areas that support them will take lot of resources and time though! (in a desert and tundra)

Mihsan

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 05, 2015, 04:55:22 AM
Can someone explain what's the point of making trees non-sowable?

Wood economy is broken. Wood is unlimited, cheap and easy to get even in desert or tundra. Wooden crafts/arts are super profitable. Wooden floors are not valued.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

ShootyFace

Why not make it so in order for trees to grow, they need to be 'maintained' as they grow by a colonist? Would keep people from growing huge tree farms, I would think.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning