RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xotai

Quote from: Raufgar on April 27, 2015, 11:41:38 PM
April 27

• Can now reverse designate mining.

What does this mean? You can designate colonists to fill in dug out places? Remove designated mining spots?

Reverse designations mean that you can click on a block that can be mined and a 'Mine' button will show up allowing you to designate that block to be mined. (or the appropriate action for whatever block you clicked on)
This is instead of having to go to 'Orders', select the mining tool, and click on the block.

It isn't super useful for large areas, but for an individual block or a few of them it can be quicker than navigating to the mining tool.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Asfalto on April 28, 2015, 09:50:13 AM
Quote from: stefanstr on March 19, 2015, 07:20:13 AM
Quote from: Dr. Z on March 18, 2015, 05:18:43 PM
Added praying fun activity.

Now you went to far. Cannibalism and illegal organ harvesting was ok, but praying fun activity is not acceptable. RimWorld players: boycott the game!

I hope you are joking.

Actually i am trying now alpha10, and the joy mechanics simply removes the joy from me.
Plus: seeing the colonists go to bed and pray makes me feel like they are some stupid kids, as i did say my prayer when i was like 6 years old, but then you know, one grows up (should)
Plus: i was not a space colonist from the future.

Horrible mechanic, not needed.

First disappointment i get from this game that i LOVE.
But this, no.

Have you tried being stranded in a Rimworld? Also, who are you to diss these colonists' beliefs? Tolerance, man!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Rainbow Evil

• Added stripping designator and job giver (under Hauler worktype) to reduce stripping micromanagement.
Got a bit excited by this one at first. Alas, it wasn't what I initially thought.

Coenmcj

Quote from: Rainbow Evil on April 28, 2015, 09:06:16 PM

• Added stripping designator and job giver (under Hauler worktype) to reduce stripping micromanagement.
Got a bit excited by this one at first. Alas, it wasn't what I initially thought.
*Points* You... Get naked now.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Coenmcj on April 28, 2015, 10:37:15 PM

*Points* You... Get naked now.
Stripping Job Giver would probably something like a pole. Or a stage. Or a bed.

Or a slave trader.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

Apophis

QuoteSlave trader changed to pirate merchant, can still show up to buy slaves even when your population is high (though they may not carry any).

Like a real merchant?  :D

And does this mean that Shinzy is now bald?
QuoteAdded new hairs donated by Shinzy.

skullywag

Quote from: Apophis on April 29, 2015, 03:19:53 AM
QuoteSlave trader changed to pirate merchant, can still show up to buy slaves even when your population is high (though they may not carry any).

im hoping from his head.....im gonna feel very sorry for my guys otherwise...:(

Speaking of strippimg ive been debating adding a check for the nudist trait and having them randomly streak as an event. Thoughts?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

StorymasterQ

Quote from: skullywag on April 29, 2015, 03:29:14 AM
Quote from: Apophis on April 29, 2015, 03:19:53 AM

im hoping from his head.....im gonna feel very sorry for my guys otherwise...:(

Which head?

Shinzy

Iiit was for a good cause!
to raise awareness about all the victims of sudden baldness from wearing a modded-hat

TLHeart

hope this doesn't mean the auto stripping at the crematorium ends.

Fernbhoy

QuoteAdded stripping designator and job giver (under Hauler worktype) to reduce stripping micromanagement.

Right, someone start working on a Rimworld version of Dwarf Therapist before we get too many jobs :D

Martc

Quote from: TLHeart on April 29, 2015, 05:52:54 AM
I hope yes, because I want burn bodies with crappy clothes.

TLHeart

Quote from: Martc on April 30, 2015, 04:19:34 AM
Quote from: TLHeart on April 29, 2015, 05:52:54 AM
I hope yes, because I want burn bodies with crappy clothes.

to satisfy us both, make it an option on the bill, burn body with cloths on or strip before burning.

Boboid

Quote from: Shinzy on April 29, 2015, 05:31:16 AM

Iiit was for a good cause!
to raise awareness about all the victims of sudden baldness from wearing a modded-hat

Oh god that's horrific, it looks like someone dumped acid over that poor ram's head.
Shinzy WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Shinzy

Quote from: Boboid on May 01, 2015, 12:31:58 AM
Oh god that's horrific, it looks like someone dumped acid over that poor ram's head.
Shinzy WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?

Just shears I swear! ..coated in acid for better cuttage?
psshh, and it's already growing back
and I'm telling you! it's really, really itchy under the helmet