RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evelyn

Snow being "Quite ugly" is incredibly silly. Perhaps add a system of likes and dislikes a la Dwarf Fortress, allowing you to have colonists who like snow and colonists who hate snow, rather than having everyone think snow is ugly. We have enough mood maluses already, we don't need another consistent drop for a quarter of the year.

Cimanyd

Quote from: Evelyn on November 05, 2014, 07:52:06 PM
Snow being "Quite ugly" is incredibly silly. Perhaps add a system of likes and dislikes a la Dwarf Fortress, allowing you to have colonists who like snow and colonists who hate snow, rather than having everyone think snow is ugly. We have enough mood maluses already, we don't need another consistent drop for a quarter of the year.

I assumed "is visible (but quite ugly)" means snow doesn't have good graphics yet, not that it has a negative beauty stat. (Not saying I'm right.)
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

ZestyLemons

Quote from: Cimanyd on November 05, 2014, 07:59:57 PM
Quote from: Evelyn on November 05, 2014, 07:52:06 PM

I assumed "is visible (but quite ugly)" means snow doesn't have good graphics yet, not that it has a negative beauty stat. (Not saying I'm right.)

Yeah, I'm assuming that the graphic isn't very pretty, kinda like water right now.

Lots of people find snow pretty beautiful usually. I'm sure a like/dislike system might come later in RimWorld, but it'll probably be a trait in the meanwhile.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

Evelyn

Ah, I failed to take the possibility of that referring to the current art for it into account. Being from Wisconsin I was incredibly offended at the prospect of people considering snow to be ugly by default. :p

Shinzy

Khee he he he he
All the new entries makes me see the Evil AI as giant space freezer

KR4K40

All these entries about seasons and temperatures really makes me wanna play the next version when it comes out.
As Lao-Tseu said, watch the backblast you idiot!

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Shinzy on November 06, 2014, 04:04:09 AM
Khee he he he he
All the new entries makes me see the Evil AI as giant space freezer

To me it seems more like Tynan's just lobbing every sensical and nonsensical negative event onto the crashed ship to the point where I'm fully expecting the next entry to read "Evil ship AI now blots out the sun and causes solar flares." I mean I can understand giving it the psychic drone stuff does it really need all that other stuff?  ::)
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

ShootyFace

This update is looking as good if not better than 7. Weather alone is going to make me change my whole style of play, cannot wait! I think Thanksgiving sounds perfect, Tynan. :) (Christmas would be fine, too.)
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

Coenmcj

On the eighth day of Christmas, Tynan gave to me... 8 alphas launching, 7 raiders raiding, 6 Solar panels, 5 fine meals, 4 angry squirrels, 3 fires blazing, 2 geothermals and a brand new colonist!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Changelog
Nov 6
  • Started art.

Made me tingle.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

ShootyFace

Quote from: StorymasterQ on November 09, 2014, 08:33:38 PM
Quote from: Changelog
Nov 6
  • Started art.

Made me tingle.

Me too. Need more info on these sculptures now....
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

Amaror

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 06, 2014, 06:06:46 PM
To me it seems more like Tynan's just lobbing every sensical and nonsensical negative event onto the crashed ship to the point where I'm fully expecting the next entry to read "Evil ship AI now blots out the sun and causes solar flares." I mean I can understand giving it the psychic drone stuff does it really need all that other stuff?  ::)

"An Evil Ai Ship has crashed. It has summoned Satan and caused Ragnarok."

vagineer1

Quote from: Coenmcj on November 06, 2014, 10:30:45 PM
On the eighth day of Christmas, Tynan gave to me... 8 alphas launching, 7 raiders raiding, 6 Solar panels, 5 fine meals, 4 angry squirrels, 3 fires blazing, 2 geothermals and a brand new colonist!

I'd like to see a full 12 day version.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Cimanyd

Quote from: vagineer1 on November 11, 2014, 03:58:43 PM

9 centipedes attacking.

(this just happened to my colony. just when I was getting bored... and wanted spaceship metal... well, the game Cassandra decided to help with both problems at once)
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

vagineer1

Quote from: Cimanyd on November 11, 2014, 04:09:48 PM
Quote from: vagineer1 on November 11, 2014, 03:58:43 PM

9 centipedes attacking.

I'll probably start a thread called: The Twelve Days of Alpha on the first day of December.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.