[A17] Mines - balanced mining

Started by AngleWyrm, July 05, 2017, 09:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Did you add some mod between the safe ?
Or do you got alot a new mineable resources that the bill menu can't show them all maybe ?

AngleWyrm

Quote from: TheWrongColonist on July 28, 2017, 10:00:23 PM
Is it just me that after loading a game with a mine & bills i can't see the previous set bills and i can't set any more bills? Only solution i found is to remove the mine and make another one.

It's not just you; I've seen this in a heavily modded game, and it wasn't present in a sparsely modded game, so it seems possible there's some mod we both used that should be added to the doesn't-play-well-together list.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

TheWrongColonist

Quote from: Canute on July 29, 2017, 02:43:04 AM
Did you add some mod between the safe ?
Or do you got alot a new mineable resources that the bill menu can't show them all maybe ?

I don't have any new mineable resources, what happens is when i press Bills nothing pops up like it was locked.

SpaceDorf

This happens with my game too,

and only rebuilding helps.

Strangely enough, I have no additional minable ressources in my game.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

AngleWyrm

If that's a bug report, I'll need an attached modConfig.xml to act on.
Otherwise I'm just gonna forward it to voice-mail in the complaints department.

SpaceDorf

It was mostly a complaint and validation of the post before me, that he is not the only one with that problem.

But I gladly show you my ModList, AngleWyrm  ;D

It is mostly free of Incompatibilites and only a few minor def complaints.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Heni

This mod have a little bug, after load a game, my pawns cant work on the mine anymore because the bills get a bug, i have to destroy it and build again.

KLk

same bug with the bills i only can save the mine removing the bills before saving

AngleWyrm

Quote from: KLk on August 11, 2017, 01:59:33 PM
same bug with the bills i only can save the mine removing the bills before saving

Same reply to the mod incompatibility problem: attaching your active modsConfig.xml will produce a population of those files that will narrow down the incompatibility.

So far there is one file. Care to contribute yours?

SpaceDorf

slightly different modlist, still the same bug.

SpaceDorf

@AngleWyrm

If you have a working modlist, would you mind sharing yours so I can do a bit of testing myself ?

AngleWyrm

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 12, 2017, 03:36:16 PM
slightly different modlist, still the same bug.
If you have a working modlist, would you mind sharing yours so I can do a bit of testing myself ?

XML files can be drag/dropped into a spreadsheet for easy analysis, and so I've attached such a workbook. On the first page is my config, also included as an xml object on the page. On the second page is your config, represented in the same way. Both configs result in the odd menu displacement error when used in-game.

On the third sheet is the combination of the two, with duplicates highlighted in orange. It seems likely to me the problem is an incompatibility between two mods, Mines and some unknown member of that orange collection.

By combining the two lists, the resulting group has been narrowed down to 24 mods (half the duplicates list). The maximum number of trials necessary to locate one problematic mod out of a set of 24 is the ceiling of log(24)/log(2) = 5.

So it should take a maximum of five tests to sort it out, by testing half the remaining set at a time.

Caveats:
* mod folder renaming will result in failing to discover duplicates.
* workbook generated with WPS Office Portable, runs quite fast in that app, but sluggish in MS Excel 2010.

faltonico

Your incompatible mod might be improved workbench management, or i am having a completely new error,

I can't load a save using only huglibs, improved workbench management and your mod.
Exception in FinalizeLoading(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Bill.GetUniqueLoadID () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LoadedObjectDirectory.RegisterLoaded (ILoadReferenceable reffable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.CrossRefHandler.ResolveAllCrossReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ScribeLoader.FinalizeLoading () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

More error in the outputlog attached.

To reproduce:
- Start a new colony
- Plop a mininshaft with godmode
- Set some bills in it (silver, gold and plasteel)
- Save the game when a pawn just get to it to work
- Exit the game
- Restart the game and load the save file
- ERROR

Maybe your mod is not saving the bills? that is only speculation, i know nothing of coding xD

SpaceDorf

This could be the case. The mod is in the list of mods AngleWyrm and I both use.
But the behavior you describe is something complely different.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: faltonico on August 12, 2017, 10:48:00 PM
Your incompatible mod might be improved workbench management

A trial with just the set of 24 shared mods plus removal of improved work bench seems to have worked. Will try a full loadout next, with that exception and see how that goes.