[B18] [WIP] Jurassic Rimworld

Started by Serpyderpy, July 16, 2017, 08:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serpyderpy

So I picked the mod back up slowly but surely and added a few things, buildings, tweaked a few values and such, attempted to make a tranquilizer rifle and all went well until actually shooting the damn thing. I get this as an error in-game. The log that appears when I open the game has no error relating to anything regarding the gun, so I assume everything else is fine.

Exception ticking TranqDartBullet29872: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
at Verse.DamageWorker_AddInjury.ApplyDamageToPart (Verse.DamageInfo,Verse.Pawn,Verse.DamageWorker_AddInjury/LocalInjuryResult&) <0x00115>
at Verse.DamageWorker_AddInjury.ApplyToPawn (Verse.DamageInfo,Verse.Pawn) <0x0045d>
at Verse.DamageWorker_AddInjury.Apply (Verse.DamageInfo,Verse.Thing) <0x00085>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Thing.TakeDamage_Patch1 (object,Verse.DamageInfo) <0x001fc>
at RimWorld.Bullet.Impact (Verse.Thing) <0x00174>
at Verse.Projectile.ImpactSomething () <0x0042e>
at Verse.Projectile.Tick () <0x0035b>
at Verse.TickList.Tick () <0x002c0>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I've also attached the corresponding files that I added, if anyone could help I'd appreciate it. It's probably something very simple but this is the first time I tried to make a weapon and an injury that has stages so I'm probably missing something, haha.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

demeggy

Serp, derp me on Steam - I'll help you sort those bugs out.

kaptain_kavern

Serpyderpy

kaptain_kavern

Haha it's good knowing you're alright :-p

Chicken Plucker

Serpy! I hope all is well, not getting too burned out on working on this project eh? It looks like the progress is getting there despite the ol' errors  8)

Serpyderpy

QuoteHaha it's good knowing you're alright :-p

Yeah, I'm just trying to get this done on top of all the other things I'm trying to do in life, haha. Hopefully there should be an update soon.

QuoteSerpy! I hope all is well, not getting too burned out on working on this project eh? It looks like the progress is getting there despite the ol' errors  8)

It's not really being burned out on this project, more like being just, burned out on life, y'know? Like you wake up and just, don't want to do anything at all.

WalkingProblem

Awesome work!

Parking here for updates!

Serpyderpy

I live... again!

Apologies for the absence. I guess I should partially preface this with the fact that I am a big ol' mess head wise and sometimes I just crash and have to pick up the pieces again. If I at all go absent again, it's just because my head is acting up. I apologise if anyone thought I had abandoned the mod. I definitely hadn't! I just didn't have any energy until I got back on my feet.

For an update, however, I have added some content! We now have...

Music!
Music that plays during the day, music that plays at night, or at anytime, as well as a new title theme and tense battle music for when the raids come a-knockin'. All of these songs are from the Jurassic Park franchise, with the majority lifted from JPOG, with a few JW tracks sprinkled in there.

Speaking of title screens, is there any way to replace the main title picture at all? I imagine you'd need to use the same directory as the Core one but I can find no mention of the title or it's directory in there, I only have the base image name.

Concerning dinosaurs, several more have been made, but they're not in the game juuuust yet. Until then, have these little teasers! This might become a thing from here on out to make sure no one thinks I'm dead, as drawing is 10x faster and less tedious than coding and testing.

Coming soon!

sirskips

PLEASE NO MUSIC! Music is very memory intensive when it comes to Rimworld. It uses memory to load all music files at the start. Music burns memory in Rimworld!

Serpyderpy

Quote from: sirskips on September 15, 2017, 02:25:18 PM
PLEASE NO MUSIC! Music is very memory intensive when it comes to Rimworld. It uses memory to load all music files at the start. Music burns memory in Rimworld!

I know. I probably should have clarified that it'll be a seperate module one can download. I know some people have other mods that may have music in them or just a bunch of wild mod combos where they may not even want my mod music at all. I must be lucky, since I've never run into any memory issues in all my time using custom music, but I guess that's another reason to make it seperate.

Update time!
More dinosaurs!

Ceratosaurus nasicornis
A small theropod characterized by the bony protrusions above its eyes and on its snout.
Spawns in Tropical Rainforest, Boreal Forest and Temperate Forest biomes.

Camarasaurus supremus
A sauropod known from well-preserved remains. A gentle giant.
Spawns in Tropical Rainforest, Temperate Forest and Arid Shrubland biomes.

Pteranodon longiceps
Not technically a dinosaur; instead, a pterosaur, a sister clade to dinosaurs.
Spawns in Tropical Rainforest, Boreal Forest, Temperate Rainforest and Arid Shrubland biomes.

Ankylosaurus magniventris
Compared to a living tank, this ankylosaurid is perhaps the most famous and well known of the family. Sports a devestating clubbed tail.
Spawns in Tropical Rainforest, Temperate Forest and Arid Shrubland biomes.

Yi Qi
A newly discovered scansoriopterygid that has bat-like membranous wings. Small, but viscious.
Spawns in Tropical Rainforest and Temperate Forest biomes.

Yes, I know Yi isn't from the JP/JW franchise, but I wanted to include some of my favourite dinosaurs and other paleofauna to spice things up a bit! Other updates include me finally getting around to writing descriptions for items and, eventually, the dinosaurs themselves. I will be trying to incorporate them into some form of Rimworld mythos for all those lore nuts out there, myself included.

Nerferfan

I think it will be fair to note that predatory dinosaurs and the Jurassic park itself should be not only passive defense but also an extremely dangerous undertaking for the colonists! Do you have any or will there be plants? How about the idea that the number of predators of different species (at the time of birth) is limited to the number of herbivores.

RequiemFang

Quote from: Nerferfan on September 22, 2017, 09:15:26 AM
I think it will be fair to note that predatory dinosaurs and the Jurassic park itself should be not only passive defense but also an extremely dangerous undertaking for the colonists! Do you have any or will there be plants? How about the idea that the number of predators of different species (at the time of birth) is limited to the number of herbivores.

Certain predatory dino's I can see taking on would be a challenge. I mean you could basically have it that they're a tank like a Thrumbo, you have to plan to take one of those out cause they have a lot of HP to whittle down.

Nerferfan

Quote from: RequiemFang on September 23, 2017, 01:55:27 PM
Quote from: Nerferfan on September 22, 2017, 09:15:26 AM

Certain predatory dino's I can see taking on would be a challenge. I mean you could basically have it that they're a tank like a Thrumbo, you have to plan to take one of those out cause they have a lot of HP to whittle down.

I will clarify. Situation: I have a park with dinosaurs, surrounded by a wall or a fence. I am attacked by raiders and they broke into the park. Predators partially killed Raiders, partially died themselves. BUT. But the fence or the wall is destroyed. Dinosaurs will have to crawl along the entire map. And of course, before that, devour all the corpses of the Raiders, and the colonists who will get out.
And, as far as I remember, in the movie, the dinosaurs were very smart. At least they should see the spoils through the walls. To feel it through 2-3 layers of ordinary walls. And of course, break down and make their way through them to kill and eat colonists.
I really liked the idea of mod. But seeing the name of the modification "Jurassic Park" I see that this modification should be a chore, And for this, we need a mod, like a fog of war, but only on animals. It's cool !! I know that I have penetrated the perimeter of the park (raiders, whether it's bursting, or a dinosaur (with a low voltage of the fence network)), but I do not know where the predators are and I do not know if they are hungry ...
And yes ... The population, really does not need to be regulated! It's even more interesting ... Do not know exactly how many there are...
In the fog of war on animals, you need cameras! ))

RequiemFang

Quote from: Nerferfan on September 24, 2017, 03:50:02 AM

but I do not know where the predators are and I do not know if they are hungry ...

Best to get this mod here

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=759219409

adds a wildlife tab which you can open and view all the creatures on the current map be they herbivore or carnivore.