[B18] [WIP] Jurassic Rimworld

Started by Serpyderpy, July 16, 2017, 08:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serpyderpy

We have confirmation from BookBurner that their electric fence mod can be integrated into this mod! Thank you ever so much!

Although if anyone could help on a certain thing, I'd appreciate it. Back in A16 I used a certain meerkat mod that added in the aforementioned animal, but gave it seperate graphic classes for when it moves and when it stood still. Ideally with flying critters, aka pterosaurs, I would like something similar, so that when it moves it appears to glide, and it lands when stood still, but it seems the mod does not work with A17. Would anyone be able to help see if it's possible to update it to A17? It is C# so I'm slightly intimidated, haha.

demeggy where are you

SpaceDorf

Sounds like a Job for DoctorVanGogh or Oblitus , the both are quite active right now and also quite able in C#
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

GngBngBus

this mod will be perfect for roleplaying and with the upcoming Jurassic World 2 movie i am happy to say i am exited as fuck for when this mod is released

demeggy

Quote from: Serpyderpy on August 09, 2017, 11:10:01 AM
We have confirmation from BookBurner that their electric fence mod can be integrated into this mod! Thank you ever so much!

Although if anyone could help on a certain thing, I'd appreciate it. Back in A16 I used a certain meerkat mod that added in the aforementioned animal, but gave it seperate graphic classes for when it moves and when it stood still. Ideally with flying critters, aka pterosaurs, I would like something similar, so that when it moves it appears to glide, and it lands when stood still, but it seems the mod does not work with A17. Would anyone be able to help see if it's possible to update it to A17? It is C# so I'm slightly intimidated, haha.

demeggy where are you

Will have a look at the .dll bud

kaptain_kavern

All that I understand (but cannot do) is that the Assembly need to be recompiled for the new version.    :-s

Serpyderpy

Update time!
A small one!

The one with the big red horn! The pompadour!

Parasaurolophus walkeri
A famous hadrosaur easily recognised by it's long, curved horn.
Spawns in Tropical Rainforest, Boreal Forest and Temperate Forest biomes.

They're just protecting their baby.

Stegosaurus stenops
The most well known stegosaur, a fierce and defensive beast.
Spawns in Tropical Rainforest, Boreal Forest and Temperate Forest biomes.

A Pachy... a pachy... oh, hell. Uh, the fathead with the bald spot. Friar Tuck!

Pachycephalosaurus wyomingensis
A pachycephalosaurid theorised to butt heads with their domed craniums, much like many species of horned creatures today.
Spawns in Tropical Rainforest, Temperate Forest and Arid Shrubland biomes.

Concrete fence
A reinforced concrete fence designed to keep dinosaurs contained within, or to act as a rather strong border fence. Whilst not as discouraging as an electric fence, they are rather effective.
10 Steel per fence piece

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

demeggy

Wahhhhey! Parasaurolophus! My favourites! As per usual, outstanding job. Will look into that static/flying movement query for you this eve

Serpyderpy

Quote from: demeggy on August 10, 2017, 12:58:55 PM
Wahhhhey! Parasaurolophus! My favourites! As per usual, outstanding job. Will look into that static/flying movement query for you this eve

Appreciate it! Working on the aviary stuff right now actually, and it's a major pain in the ass. Rimworld definitely wasn't designed to have visible rooves.

Serpyderpy

My brain is starting to frazzle. Has anyone had the issue where you can install about 100+ mods and they all work fine but then you add in one more specific mod and after the loading screen upon initialization it just ends up completely black? And no matter what order it's in or if you take mods out or add more in it doesn't change unless you have that mod and that mod alone alongside core and other stuff that doesn't really change or add much?

Because that's happening with my mod right now. The only things I've been able to have running alongside it are, obviously, Core, and HugsLib, Mod List Backup, JecsTools, EdB Prepare Carefully and Camera+. Any other mod and I get the black screen of death. Anyone know what might make this happen? Something I added in my mod that the game can't handle? I checked every def and it all seems to be configured right, I just can't think what could be causing it and it's frustrating. :c

kaptain_kavern

It could be Jectools in itself. If ya don't need it, just ditch it ;)

Else, As always, I wanna help buddy. And this time it's code, so I bet I can help.

Care to share your prototype for debugging?

Serpyderpy

Changing the mod order didn't seem help, nor did getting rid of JecsTools, so.

JRW PROTOTYPE
Very buggy and very unfinished. What you see (if you get it to work at all) is not the finished product, and a lot of stuff is still very much a work in progress.
Apart from the black screen issue, there's also some things regarding eggs that I think I've screwed up and some sound context thingies I have no clue how to correct.

If you download it and want to test it, just load it up with no other mods installed. Feedback is appreciated, but again, this is very much unfinished. I take no responsibility if your save games go supernova!

kaptain_kavern

Will have a look this evening or tomorrow.

OK doke. Dully noted.

You should see some prototypes of mine lol ;-)

Serpyderpy

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 12, 2017, 02:26:48 PM
Will have a look this evening or tomorrow.

OK doke. Dully noted.

You should see some prototypes of mine lol ;-)

Thank you! Now I am curious about your prototypes, haha. I really did want to get to a pre-realease before putting it out there with some polish, my impartial perfectionist self almost demanded it, but, I'm stumped, so, a prototype it is for now.