[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minami26

Quote from: Kitsune on August 28, 2014, 03:33:50 AM
Im a bit of a slow builder. This is my last colony that was destroyed. :)

just a tip!
You shouldnt put wood doors on your trading spot, and stockpiles, it slow the colonists down :D

Walling tips:
The way I wall up my colony is taking small squares first, then I just expand on the sides just like in my image.
This is to prevent taking too much time planning the base you'll fail defending it successfully when a raid happens.

For the silver to buy stuff:
at first I just make my colonists do figurines so i can sell them when local traders come then buy my improv turrets.
or if I go the weaponsmithing route I go for a world war weaponatorII right away and make heavymachine gun nests.

Kitsune

Yep i build not so effecient(doors and big area) but i like it. ;D The big area at the bottom is more or less only because i WANTED the place for the fluffy muffalos there. ::)

Hm i think the huge amount of grass in forest maps kills my pc. :-\ With fast forward i get an fps of 18-20. :-[

SleepyFox

Looking forward to a food update. Here's my colony so far. Made it 45 days! This is my third attempt at a TTM2.8 colony.

Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net

Evul

SleepyFox

Oh hey, Minami, the equipment racks are /slightly/ borked in that there's no way to 'select all'. If you want to use them for everything you have to go down the list and click everything one by one. And that's a lot of guns.

Evul

Project Armory have a patch deselecting everything as default.
It is a standalone download from the frontpage of Project Armory click the banner.

SleepyFox

Quote from: Evul on August 29, 2014, 08:50:19 AM
Project Armory have a patch deselecting everything as default.
It is a standalone download from the frontpage of Project Armory click the banner.

The problem I'm actually having is that everything already /is/ de-selected by default. And I want everything selected. Especially because I know there's some guns hiding on my map somewhere from previous raids and I can't find them...

Xerberus86

hey, this mod looks very promising, am still new with rimworld (bought it yesterday evening) and so i will finish a vanilla game first but i wonder if this mod is compatible with the edb interface mod? installing the mods seem easy enough but because i'm new i don't know for what i have to look out for in terms of mod compatibility.

thx again for your hard work, much appreciated :).

Edit: to avoid double posting and asking too many questions in several posts, can i also add the zombie mod to this one?

Kitsune

TTM is somewhat compatible with many mods. The biggest problem are mods that change/alter or something doing with map generation. The first thing for look out is trie the mods together and if you get the starting items and the message from TTM, its almost clear and maybe its imbalanced and the other mod is sure not integrated in the TTM techtree. If you dont get the starting items (drop pods and CRT) the mod is not compatible with TTM. :)

So if you want a mod and dont want to wait for anyone to test it, test it yourself, if anything from TTM is not aviable or your game explodes in clouds of fluffy kittens, dont use the mod with TTM. ;)

Xerberus86

Quote from: Kitsune on August 29, 2014, 10:12:51 AM
TTM is somewhat compatible with many mods. The biggest problem are mods that change/alter or something doing with map generation. The first thing for look out is trie the mods together and if you get the starting items and the message from TTM, its almost clear and maybe its imbalanced and the other mod is sure not integrated in the TTM techtree. If you dont get the starting items (drop pods and CRT) the mod is not compatible with TTM. :)

So if you want a mod and dont want to wait for anyone to test it, test it yourself, if anything from TTM is not aviable or your game explodes in clouds of fluffy kittens, dont use the mod with TTM. ;)

thanks, so time for some "science" :D.

( Tchey )

I play with EdB Interface mod, and it's going good with my two colonies. One is TTMinami, the other is SuperiorCrafting. I suppose you should have no trouble to play with it too. About zombie i don't know, i don't like zombie anymore, too many of them these past few years.

Waikiki

Hi,

First, great job on the mod.

Is this compatible with linux ? The game works fine with this mod on win 8.1, but can't get it to work on debian wheezy. When i activate the mod, the game crashes, and i can't start it if i dont delete it from the mod folder.

Thx

AlmightyR

How do I create a compact research terminal ITEM? I have all pre-trade workbenches and I searched all bills (i think), but it's nowhere...My original RT (the one that came inside a pod in the beginning) was destroyed in a pirate raid, so if I'm supposed to get it from deconstruction of that one, I guess I'm stuck? In that case what is the save-file code I need to...Well...God-wish it into existence near my base so that I can unstuck myself?

minami26

Quote from: AlmightyR on August 29, 2014, 06:55:32 PM
How do I create a compact research terminal ITEM? I have all pre-trade workbenches and I searched all bills (i think), but it's nowhere...My original RT (the one that came inside a pod in the beginning) was destroyed in a pirate raid, so if I'm supposed to get it from deconstruction of that one, I guess I'm stuck? In that case what is the save-file code I need to...Well...God-wish it into existence near my base so that I can unstuck myself?

you are pretty much stuck, the idea behind it was. "Imagine yourself crash landing on a desolate planet and you got the chance to carry with you a laptop, thats good right? so you've got to be very ultra careful with it, once it gets destroyed. Its game over.

if you want to cheat you because you want to continue the game, you can go to option turn Developer Mode on, go to spawn direct thing, search for Compact Research Terminal and plop it on the ground.

Quote from: Waikiki on August 29, 2014, 06:40:38 PM
Hi,

First, great job on the mod.

Is this compatible with linux ? The game works fine with this mod on win 8.1, but can't get it to work on debian wheezy. When i activate the mod, the game crashes, and i can't start it if i dont delete it from the mod folder.

Thx

Hello thankyou for checking out TTM! I currently don't have the means to test it on a linux machine so I suppose It isnt compatible, sorry for the inconvenience!

--------------------------------
Discussion:
So I already made plans for the new update, I think ill add a simple fishing building because I don't know how the "Equipping" code works. I really wanted to do actual Fishing T_T

Here's some things I noticed after playing for a year with my colony:

Raids will not occur if there are too many "Wild Muffalo's" in the map, you have to massacre all of them to make Raids happen. *cept for your domesticated Muffs :3

There is an error when you research Table Designs the one with the Beauty increased thing. that's a minor issue so don't open up developer mode or else it will pop out everytime you finish researching something after you research this.

On another note:

Does anybody want a mini-patch for Agave to be plantable on the Hydroponics table?
and an Equipment rack patch, I may have found a use for it, which is to put a StunGun on it and whenever a mass hysteria happens go get the STUN GUN!

Compact Batteries cannot be crafted early in the game because I set it to utility metal.
if you want to fix it yourself heres how to do it:

go to TTM => Defs =>RecipeDefs => look for Recipes_WorkStation => look for "Create Compact Batteries" *its the first one under the

<ingredients>
<li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
<li>UtilityMetal</li>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>2</count>
</li>
<li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
<li>RawPotatoes</li>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>10</count>
</li>
</ingredients>

<fixedIngredientFilter>
<thingDefs>
<li>UtilityMetal</li>
<li>RawPotatoes</li>
</thingDefs>
</fixedIngredientFilter>
<!-- Which items are preselected? -->
<defaultIngredientFilter>
<thingDefs>
<li>UtilityMetal</li>
<li>RawPotatoes</li>
</thingDefs>
</defaultIngredientFilter>

change the part where it says "UtilityMetal" to "Metal" and count to 20 for balance like this

<ingredients>
<li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
<li>Metal</li>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>20</count>
</li>
<li>
<filter>
<thingDefs>
<li>RawPotatoes</li>
</thingDefs>
</filter>
<count>10</count>
</li>
</ingredients>

<fixedIngredientFilter>
<thingDefs>
<li>Metal</li>
<li>RawPotatoes</li>
</thingDefs>
</fixedIngredientFilter>
<!-- Which items are preselected? -->
<defaultIngredientFilter>
<thingDefs>
<li>Metal</li>
<li>RawPotatoes</li>
</thingDefs>
</defaultIngredientFilter>

Kitsune

Yay i like fishing! ;D

Phew, happy domesticated muffs, they are fluffy i cant kill them all. :-[

With the clutter problem, in the clutter thread in the time i last checked it they say it makes problems with enabled dev mode, maybe its that problem? ???

The agave in hyproponics, i like it. The idea get an "yes" from me. ^-^

Equipment rack patch, i dont know exactly, hmmm i think we can trie it? :-\ Maybe its usefull. ^.^

And the compact batteries, for me its fully ok that we need utility metal for it, they need more fine metal and not so much of the raw metal. So its realistic for me. :)