[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xerberus86

sorry for spamming the thread but how can i integrate the realistic weapon mod into the TTM mod?

i have downloaded the "Realistic Weapons for Project Armory 213 V1.1" zip-file and after reading the readme-file (duh) i know how to install the mod but i don't know if with these changes i would break anything within the TTM mod.

if someone could tell me if i can install this file as stated in its readme without breaking or how i can accomplish it would be nice^^.

Ruafo

Hello Folks,

i put now several hours into testing this great mod and found 2 problems.

1. In the endgame, when you got lots of ressources, people and a well running settlement game gets unstable. Mainly I got crashes and freezes I guess they mostly occur when a special event happens but I can�t say it for sure. Yes, yes its a mod for an alpha version I know. So don�t take it to serious or as an offense.

2. I play at a mountain biome and have the problem, that I cant get any agave. Cause I can�t plant it nor harvest it in the wilds. The big problem is that I need it as ressource for making statues and paintings. But maybe i missing something.

Xerberus86

Quote from: Ruafo on September 03, 2014, 12:03:26 PM
Hello Folks,

i put now several hours into testing this great mod and found 2 problems.

1. In the endgame, when you got lots of ressources, people and a well running settlement game gets unstable. Mainly I got crashes and freezes I guess they mostly occur when a special event happens but I can�t say it for sure. Yes, yes its a mod for an alpha version I know. So don�t take it to serious or as an offense.

2. I play at a mountain biome and have the problem, that I cant get any agave. Cause I can�t plant it nor harvest it in the wilds. The big problem is that I need it as ressource for making statues and paintings. But maybe i missing something.

i am new myself (bought rimworld couple days ago and started off the bat with TTM) so i can't tell you about 1., but i can try to answer your second question.

regarding 2.: as far as i know the agave only grows naturally in the shrubland region. the forest and desert biome was only introduced in the last alpha version (13. august 2014) so i think the forest biome might not be as balanced^^. in shrubland it grows like wildflowers but in forest i haven't seen one yet.

it would be great if TTM would enable us to grow the agave in a normal growing are, maybe with lesser growth rate than normal to not inflate it but being able to grow it would be essential i think.

Kitsune

A few pages ago minami showed how to modify the files that you can plant agave, if i remember right. ;)

Ruafo

Hello guys!

thx for the quick replys! Found the agave code and applied it. Thx for helping!

cheers

Kitsune

Quote from: Ruafo on September 03, 2014, 02:45:22 PM
Hello guys!

thx for the quick replys! Found the agave code and applied it. Thx for helping!

cheers

Happy playing. ;D

SleepyFox

Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net

Iwillbenicetou

I feel the best (and most noobish) way to survive raides, is to have a long corridor with chokepoints. That way you have long range weapons that outrange the enemies, and just take shots at the. Just an idea to your defense...
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Xerberus86

@SleepyFox: i am still new to rimworld but your colony has a bunch of open attack points, here is my current colony which is pretty much impossible to defeat right now :D.

... well, i play with randy random and only two bigger sieges have occured....the biggest problem was as all of my colonists except ONE were going crazy and on a rampage. god i hope the dev adds some "prioritize feeding" command or better yet let the colonists actually act on their own needs first. pretty much all were beaten up and it was a micromanaging hell to prevent all of my colonists from starvation because they were all laying in their medicals beds and as soon as i forced them to stand up they would feed others while starving to death (almost, i disabled doctoring and it worked then). x'D

SleepyFox

Where's the fun in having an impossible to defeat colony, though? It's not quite 'Urban Defense' tier but I find I enjoy open/pretty colonies more than unassailable fortresses! I still have two of my original three, too. :3 Randy also hasn't screwed me with huge raids yet... the colony's name is Angry Squirrel, and I swear, 9 out of 10 events IS a psycho squirrel.

Iwillbenicetou

Get animal zappers :) that should cut things down. As well as upgrading to next tier, it becomes almost OP.
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Xerberus86

Quote from: SleepyFox on September 03, 2014, 10:21:31 PM
Where's the fun in having an impossible to defeat colony, though? It's not quite 'Urban Defense' tier but I find I enjoy open/pretty colonies more than unassailable fortresses! I still have two of my original three, too. :3 Randy also hasn't screwed me with huge raids yet... the colony's name is Angry Squirrel, and I swear, 9 out of 10 events IS a psycho squirrel.

well after playing one game with vanilla setting i started to only play with edb interface mod and tech tree minami, so for me being a newb having a "safe" colony is kinda needed for starters. also because i only play on challenging (100% difficulty), i never play on easy in any game. playing with a more "open" colony will be on my next try.

currently i have two main naming schemes...."gravetown" and "hope". my current colony is called gravetwon and the first one to survive to that point (kinda lategame) without dying horribly (jinx that name^^). but i do still struggle to increase the population, currently hovering around 6-7...randy random is either giving me too much peace or too many troubles...mostly of the former lately :/. i also only got a handful of general goods traders, no weapon / armor / slave trader yet >:O.

SleepyFox

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 03, 2014, 11:29:42 PM

well after playing one game with vanilla setting i started to only play with edb interface mod and tech tree minami, so for me being a newb having a "safe" colony is kinda needed for starters. also because i only play on challenging (100% difficulty), i never play on easy in any game. playing with a more "open" colony will be on my next try.

currently i have two main naming schemes...."gravetown" and "hope". my current colony is called gravetwon and the first one to survive to that point (kinda lategame) without dying horribly (jinx that name^^). but i do still struggle to increase the population, currently hovering around 6-7...randy random is either giving me too much peace or too many troubles...mostly of the former lately :/. i also only got a handful of general goods traders, no weapon / armor / slave trader yet >:O.

I'm trying to struggle with power at the moment, actually. Need to save up money for a geothermal parts pile. Selling toolboxes is a cheap way to get cash though, since it uses plain old metal.

I got a bunch of guns and armor due to a glitch I think, though. A neighboring town visited and their people started going nuts from starvation and they started killing each other. Half of the visitors died, and my colony ended up getting three suits of power armor, bunch of armor vests, and some nice Modern weapons... and since it was they who went nuts and were killing each other, it didn't mess with the friendship rating.

I just had to dig a bunch of graves and reap the benefits.

Xerberus86

Quote from: SleepyFox on September 04, 2014, 04:44:45 AM
Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 03, 2014, 11:29:42 PM

I'm trying to struggle with power at the moment, actually. Need to save up money for a geothermal parts pile. Selling toolboxes is a cheap way to get cash though, since it uses plain old metal.

I got a bunch of guns and armor due to a glitch I think, though. A neighboring town visited and their people started going nuts from starvation and they started killing each other. Half of the visitors died, and my colony ended up getting three suits of power armor, bunch of armor vests, and some nice Modern weapons... and since it was they who went nuts and were killing each other, it didn't mess with the friendship rating.

I just had to dig a bunch of graves and reap the benefits.

my main sources of money are both figurines and oil, i tried toolboxes but they take too long to produce and metal is too precious to sell, you need tons of utility metal (which comes from normal metal, duh) and you will need all of it! rock chunks / rock blocks on the other hand are abundant on the map and never seem to cease coming. try figurines and have a happy time. 80-100 figurines sell well over 2000 silver and those things are quick to make.

@minami: is there a way you could add the mobile AI "mai" to your overhault mod?
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0

with the mod making the game so much harder and focusing more on survival (i love it, no critique!), having something to produce helfpful well...helpers... would be nice. of course making her expensive to build and she being a lategame tech a given.

if you say "nay", would there be a way for me as a non-modder to integrate this mod myself? thanks!

Edit: i have another question TTM-related, what is meant with "TTM's local traders"? are there other ways to trade than with ships? if yes, how do i initiate those trades?

minami26

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 04, 2014, 07:02:24 AM
@minami: is there a way you could add the mobile AI "mai" to your overhault mod?
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0

with the mod making the game so much harder and focusing more on survival (i love it, no critique!), having something to produce helfpful well...helpers... would be nice. of course making her expensive to build and she being a lategame tech a given.

if you say "nay", would there be a way for me as a non-modder to integrate this mod myself? thanks!

Edit: i have another question TTM-related, what is meant with "TTM's local traders"? are there other ways to trade than with ships? if yes, how do i initiate those trades?

I could add mai next version. :D

Local traders are the ones you can sell figurines to, maybe within the next versions "Local Traders" will actually come to your base much like how the friendly factions come to your colony.