[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smasher5523

I't usually comes up with (on the downloads list) a zipper folder with the name of the mod beside it, but this time its just.... the picture

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Rhyssia

Quote from: Smasher5523 on October 11, 2014, 06:21:22 PM
I't usually comes up with (on the downloads list) a zipper folder with the name of the mod beside it, but this time its just.... the picture

Do you have winrar? Or any other utility program designed to read RAR files? .RAR files cannot normally be read by windows like a normal .ZIP file.
Do you use 32bit or 64 bit? If you don't know use the 32bit.

32bit WinRAR http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar52b1.exe
64bit WinRAR http://www.rarlab.com/rar/winrar-x64-52b1.exe
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

Marcm

Dont get the wrong impression from all my bitching below. I do love Rimworld and your Minami mod! Thank you very much for all the love you put into this!!

Problim 1:
Quote from: minami26 on October 09, 2014, 04:09:13 AM
I changed the ProgramModule to be available only on Disassembling mechanoids. I'll be posting the new crafting guide soon. sry for the lack of info!
I tried a layed out of 16 "Hydroponics basin" each "Sun lamp". Then i found out each "Hydroponics basin" needs 4 "Hydroponics Basin Module", each needing 1 "Program Module". So my original plan to go build 2-3 fields indoor for my colony needed 48 x 4 = 184 "Program Module".

Its like impossible to harvest that much from Mechanoids - besides "Program Module" is needed for a lot of other recipies (for example "Improvised turret", "Battery module".

I was extreemly lucky one trader showed up with 60 "Program Module", each for 90 silver, + i had tons of stuff lying in my beaming zone that trader wanted - so i could afford buying all, when i was stuck building my first Hydroponics field.

So PLEASE reconsider making "Program Module" craftable or strip them from some recipies. Hydroponics just needs some very primitive logic circuit, if at all. Macgyver builds such a "logic circuit" from trash in a minute every 3. episode :p

Problim 2:
My (first) "Oil Refinery" took forever spitting out some "Refined oil". I was beginning to wonder if it was working at all until after 5 days i found it managed to produce 4 "Refined oil". Oil wells spit out staks of 5-60 much faster. Thats a bad joke compared to all the struggle building one in some remote place (took me 4 days with 3 constructors (including building a smal shag around it and the power conduit all the way back to my base).

It seems cheaper to sell Oil (4-5 silver) to a trader and buying back refined Oil (20 silver) instead. A single "Drilling Machine" produces more value and its cheaper + it doesnt need a deposite place in top. Please rebalance this. Its not worth building atm. for even if it produces 4200 W power, because the power line back home gets "cut" in every second raid, so you need some big power backup in Base anyway (which therefor makes it seem more efficient to keep the Oil deposit untouched to produce simple "Oil" and stay based on simple Oil + Gas Generator).

shadowstreaker

I can't seem to find a way to disassemble clothing, neither the hyper loom or the tailor's workbench give the ability to, and none of the merchants are coming up with hyperweave. I'm assuming this isn't deliberate?

minami26

hello everyone new update here took me long to update but I guess this should be a new version update rather than a fix update.

don't have much time right now just posting the update will respond tomorrow! also sourcecode is in the downloads for those who want it.

Nexus and GoogleDrive uploading on hold until tomorrow!

heres the changelog for the fixes and a new feature.
v3.1
Research Time Options + Fixes

New Feature:
Added a prompt at the start of a game to determine how long research will take.
3 choices: Fast, Average, Slow Research Times.

New!
Added Log Wall
Added "Mechanical Component" for building materials in the advanced modifier.

Changes:
Changed Some Advanced Modifier recipes to replace Program Module with Mechanical Component especially on Hydroponics Basin Module.
Increased Oil Refinery's Refined oil yield. *Temporary needs balancing.
Advanced Modifier now costs 3x the previous price.
Increased crafting time on MetalWorks Recipes

Fixes:
Fixed Fireplace health, removed fireplace explosion.
Fixed drug non-destroyable thing errors.
Fixed Missile launcher target destroying the thing in the target location. *KNOWN ISSUE when you pause the game the marker disappears! I don't know how to fix that.
Fixed Tailoring recipes needing over 80 things, reverted to 75.
General Colony mood effect should only start getting colonists after 1 month in game.
Fixed some building requirement inconsistensies.

Rikiki

About missile marker, it is drawn in the Tick() function. :-\
=> *teaching tone ::)* Tick is not called when game is paused while Draw is called every frame (so at 60 Hz I believe).

You must override the Draw() function and draw it in there. Go check the M & Co. MMS, it uses this to draw the dynamic scan ray. :)

minami26

I made it that way but, the marker draws on the building when spawned,, i currently dont know how to make it only spawn when the missile is launched and only on the clicked area. :( but thankyou for the pointers rikiki!

Marcm

Quote from: minami26 on October 13, 2014, 10:48:49 AM

hello everyone new update here took me long to update but I guess this should be a new version update rather than a fix update.

don't have much time right now just posting the update will respond tomorrow! also sourcecode is in the downloads for those who want it.

Awesome, thanks for the update minami26! Suddenly i dont care for economic balance anymore. Got a solar flare incident and one big mechanoid invasion(6 centipeds). Was just thinning them out with snipers for try as one hell of a big tribe (20+) raid jumped right into the back of the mechanoids..what a slaughter..then even another mechanoid group (5 centipeds 2 scyter) joined and short after another 20+ tribe group. All in one day :D. Manufacturing balance became a minor issue suddenly :D :D

TheXIIILightning

Umm, I can't get this mod to work, even by following the instructions provided. (Entering the Main mod first and the patches next. I didn't use the EdB mod in my last two tries).

I get a lot of error messages and the drop pods containing the research thing fail to spawn.
Though there is one thing that I haven't tried yet...

Are the patches 'patches', or the mod in full with a few minor tweaks to make it compatible?
Do I have to download all the mods I want to use (Like Apparelo, clutter, etc) separately, and then load up Minami MAIN AND THE ttm Patches?

minami26

The main is a standalone it makes all the vanilla items.go into.the tech tree, also the patches are the mods themselves that are edited to be included in the techtree with minor changes.

When you activate the main mod is there no message that comes out on.start? What os are you playing on?

I think you should reset your config folder on your app data foldr first. Instructions are on the main post.

TheXIIILightning

Quote from: minami26 on October 13, 2014, 01:00:04 PM
The main is a standalone it makes all the vanilla items.go into.the tech tree, also the patches are the mods themselves that are edited to be included in the techtree with minor changes.

When you activate the main mod is there no message that comes out on.start? What os are you playing on?

I think you should reset your config folder on your app data foldr first. Instructions are on the main post.

My version of Rimworld is 0.7.584 rev40946
I'm currently running Windows 7 64bit, so compatibility is probably not an issue, seeing as I was able to use Most of the mods that TTM includes. Separately, that is.

Link to Output Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/37qlnzyess0yb1l/output_log.txt?dl=0
Link to Screencaps: http://imgur.com/FKPx5ZP,5JAMnlh,PGn4AU5#0

Those are the error notifications I get whenever I start the game with TTM enabled, and these are a few screens of how the game looks at start. I get the 3 usual capsules, but not the one with the CRT.

I'll try and reset the folder, and let you know if it worked. ^^

Edit: No, I don't think it worked. I still have the same errors pop-up as soon as I load the game.
A few others showed up when I went to start the game after deleting the Ludeon folder, but that was common, since the game always defaults to Portuguese when I update it.

TheXIIILightning

I think I figured out the problem, and now I feel like an idiot.
Norton Antivirus quarantined a few files from this Mod, that's why they weren't working. XD

I'll try and figure out a way to stop that from happening, then I'll edit this post saying if it worked or not. ^^

Edit: It's working now! My damn antivirus was blocking some files from being acceded.

Xubrim

Either I'm being very dumb, or the Embrasure and the Mining & Co patched links are the same.

Thanks for the update.

RoboticManiac

During the 'War' event (Where to factions declare war and your colony becomes a battleground), the friendly forces simply milled around at my base before leaving, as the enemy happily fired mortars overhead. If they were meant to fight on the way out, your allies  just leave without ever firing a shot.

Also, I know (Or atleast think) that this is related to the separate events mod- But the two came bundled together, are made by the same person and I can't find it's thread. :S

Edit: Perhaps unrelated to the mod- But now the two separate siege camps are firing on each other- Turns out they're both enemies with each other- With me- And with my allies- Who are also from separate factions- Who are also at war. The Universe's most complicated battlefield.  :)

Xentor

Linkerror:
You have an linkjerror at the frontpage.
Embrasures and DeepMiner lead to the same file.

Bugreport:
1.: The fireplace can lead to an endless repairloop, till the (working) Colonist dies or collapses.
2.: The Waterwell (This automatic waterproducer) and the automatic fishpan, can create selfreplicatin Items. (Last try I got 2000 waterbuckets)