[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goo Poni

I turned them all on at once and have left them all on to no issue.

Cat123

Quote from: Goo Poni on November 09, 2014, 01:21:14 PM
You need just one to trade with locals (orbital beacon), two to trade with ships (beacon and console) and three to call a ship on demand (beacon, console, signal beacon).

By not answering the question, you supplied the answer.

My console was still alive, meaning I can disassemble it for the remaining beacon.

However, I'm still going to edit the XML and move Solar Panel Module, Battery Module and Beacon to Electronic Table & remove the requirement for the program module. I'm looking through the XML now, haven't found which mod has the XML for the Electronics yet.

It'll take me 5 mins once I have.

p.s.

"Stubborn". No, I just know how to design games. Thanks though, it would have been a lot simpler if you'd stated "You can disassemble the console for a beacon" instead of being aspergers about the mod.

Oragepoilu

Quote from: ToXeye on November 09, 2014, 01:32:30 PM
When loading the mods on startup, do the patches load in alphabetical order? In that case, I would have to disable the mods and reenable them each time I start the game. Am I right?
As far as i know if you want a mod to override another, load it after you load the first mod (got it ? ^^)
When you restart the game it won't change anything but may load some texture that it wouldn't without restarting.
If you want better compatibility you may want to just remove part of the mod that overide each other and/or change it.

Goo Poni

Quote from: Cat123 on November 09, 2014, 01:36:52 PM
Quote from: Goo Poni on November 09, 2014, 01:21:14 PM
You need just one to trade with locals (orbital beacon), two to trade with ships (beacon and console) and three to call a ship on demand (beacon, console, signal beacon).

By not answering the question, you supplied the answer.

My console was still alive, meaning I can disassemble it for the remaining beacon.

However, I'm still going to edit the XML and move Solar Panel Module, Battery Module and Beacon to Electronic Table & remove the requirement for the program module. I'm looking through the XML now, haven't found which mod has the XML for the Electronics yet.

It'll take me 5 mins once I have.

p.s.

"Stubborn". No, I just know how to design games. Thanks though, it would have been a lot simpler if you'd stated "You can disassemble the console for a beacon" instead of being aspergers about the mod.

Oh well shet, here's me thinking that you've lost ALL of the beacons and are flipping shit because the mod is shit because you lost all the beacons. Sorry for assuming that you attempted to tear down the console. You're an expert on game design but didn't try tearing it down. 10 out of fugging 10.

EDIT:
And would you please direct me to the question of "how get moar beacons without trade?" I literally cannot find a question along such lines in your post history.
DOUBLE EDIT:
One question about a cleaner MAI and one question about food taking smoked meat.

Cat123

Quote from: Goo Poni on November 09, 2014, 01:41:36 PM

Oh well shet, here's me thinking that you've lost ALL of the beacons and are flipping shit because the mod is shit because you lost all the beacons. Sorry for assuming that you attempted to tear down the console. You're an expert on game design but didn't try tearing it down. 10 out of fugging 10.

I stated three times that I thought the mod was excellent. Stop projecting and/or drama whoring.

The XML is simple to mod, so I'm just going to release an alteration / balancing mod for this.

Oh, and for the record - I lost 4 beacons total, due to covering everything I wanted to trade and massive wildfires. If you've forgotten, in the base game the beacons are rather easy to replace. Natch.

Oragepoilu

Quote from: ToXeye on November 09, 2014, 02:49:09 PM
So I was making some rocks and a crossbow, then woops --- there's an M16 lying on the ground, where did that come from? It's completely insane. Why did that happen?

There is many event that can occur and give you weapon. Here a few :

A colonist feel nice and give you something.
Crates spawn and you may have stuff inside (but usually animals)
A colonist got a stroke and a lot of the same item spawn around him
Risk vs reward event, can lead to some different weapons
a random visitor was knock out here (for different reason, like a craze animal in melee). Corpse could be gone because of another visitor/pirate that took the guy.

minami26

Wow such a discussion here...
All in all what i understood is that the beacon should be put together with the potato batteries and tools.

The end...

Gee golly, thank you so much guys for helping me fix and balance the mod, im taking notes and see to it that the next iteration will be not so broken.

As for the food well i just wanted more foods..

And i have already made a stun gun. Its available to be made on the modern assembly I original/ttm worktable.

Can i ask for a changelog/patchnotes on the things that you changed with your copy Cat123? Ill be sure to learn some things from you :)

Also goo poni and oragepoilu thanks as always! :) and be nice :P

ToXeye

Cloth shoulderpads have 70% protection. How come?
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

Oragepoilu

Quote from: ToXeye on November 09, 2014, 03:53:22 PM
Cloth shoulderpads have 70% protection. How come?
A lot of stuff has gone weird, well, if we talk about clothe.
Report problem of any new clothe in the topic of the mod maker who done this - here the link :
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5085.0
I think he already know some stuff about this if i remember correctly. Quickly read some post a few days ago.

Dave-In-Texas

Hey Minami :)

Can we please have 'Wall Refining' upgrade the conduit version as well?  or is there a reason to leave them out that i'm missing?

Igabod

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on November 09, 2014, 10:15:52 PM
Hey Minami :)

Can we please have 'Wall Refining' upgrade the conduit version as well?  or is there a reason to leave them out that i'm missing?

My guess is that it was done like that on purpose. Non-conduit walls are generally used for the outer walls for defense and conduit walls are interior walls usually that don't need to be as strong. Plus it makes a bit of sense for something that has a hollow conduit in it to be less strong than a solid wall with no hollow space.

Goo Poni

Quote from: Oragepoilu on November 09, 2014, 02:59:30 PM
Quote from: ToXeye on November 09, 2014, 02:49:09 PM
So I was making some rocks and a crossbow, then woops --- there's an M16 lying on the ground, where did that come from? It's completely insane. Why did that happen?

There is many event that can occur and give you weapon. Here a few :

A colonist feel nice and give you something.
Crates spawn and you may have stuff inside (but usually animals)
A colonist got a stroke and a lot of the same item spawn around him
Risk vs reward event, can lead to some different weapons
a random visitor was knock out here (for different reason, like a craze animal in melee). Corpse could be gone because of another visitor/pirate that took the guy.
Last patch, I had Tommy guns strewn all over the map and I never did figure out why they were there. At first I thought it was raiders dying and dropping their weapons but it was the same model (there's two) scattered all over the map in places that the raiders would never go due to their pathfinding. Sent a couple colonists to go pick up all the ones I could find, but I was always finding more just laying around and eventually I gave up collecting them.

Oragepoilu

Quote from: Goo Poni on November 09, 2014, 11:57:38 PM
Last patch, I had Tommy guns strewn all over the map and I never did figure out why they were there. At first I thought it was raiders dying and dropping their weapons but it was the same model (there's two) scattered all over the map in places that the raiders would never go due to their pathfinding. Sent a couple colonists to go pick up all the ones I could find, but I was always finding more just laying around and eventually I gave up collecting them.

look's like you got an event witch include a lot of the same bug + the bug that may occur (didn't happened for a few mouth for me but anyway) : Instead to spawn at the right location, they spawn in a corner of the map. If they can't, they spread across the map instead.
It's the same problem with raider sometime.

--------------------------------------------

bug report : If you try to make a Battery Module, it say it need 10 Compact battery. However, the crafter will pick 5, go on top of another 5 Compact battery, and then.... go with only 5 at the workbench and craft it.

I think this come because you changed how stack battery recently. I don't know how I could do to change the number available per stack.

Oragepoilu

Quote from: Canute on November 10, 2014, 06:34:22 AM
I think i know what the problem are.
When he start the game, he didn't got his 3 free beacons.
That happen once to me too.
All other things works fine i think.
He should just start a new game, and watch the 3 crates to deconstruct that they contain the 3 beacons and the cutails tool, not to forget the compact research terminal to be there.
Sorry, but what are you talking about ?
Quote someone if you want to anwser to someone. Or maybe be write something like "@someone", etc.
If you talk about cat123, I already explained to him that he may don't have his three beacons but as far as i understand he got them and just loose some in random fire/mortar.

ToXeye

Tiki torches can be used as cover, I think. *edit* will post this on the tiki torch mod *edit* I didn't find out which mod has the tiki torch in it
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\