[MOD] (Alpha 7) TechTreeMinami v3.3 RIMWORLD COMPLETE

Started by minami26, May 05, 2014, 11:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

litlbear

yes

Goo Poni

Caltrops cause light damage each time an enemy walks over them at some cost to the health of the caltrops. Because of the self-damage each time an enemy walks into a pile of caltrops, the vanguard of large raids end up minesweeping their way through the caltrops, leaving everyone else in the raid unharmed.
The punji stick trap holes will gib a hostile that walks into them. Not sure if it works on animals or mechanoids but it certainly works on raiders. It's an outright free kill. Trap must be manually reset by selecting a colonist and telling them to fix the traphole the same way you would tell them to interact with the comms console.
Nets just slow people down.

sidfu

Quote from: Takamiki on November 23, 2014, 10:49:04 PM
i got a question and a problem with the mod, first the question do you need the original mods for the patches to work for this? and the problem i am having is that with the Mai robots when they go into drafted mode they become magenta colored boxes, i wonder if this problem is due to not having the original Mai mod installed?

dont need the orginal mod for this. the patches are in reality the enither mods. also dont use the regular mod to update the pathces.
normaly a restart of the game fixes the missing textures. if its still here go to a save right before that then see if that fixed it with a restart.

Haplo

The new drafted textures are missing.
To correct that problem download Mai and copy the Textures folder from there into the Mai patch folder.
You can also copy the assembler folder if you want part of the new self healing of Mai.
But don't copy the Def folder or you loose the tech tree integration.

Takamiki

Quote from: Haplo on November 24, 2014, 12:51:55 AM
The new drafted textures are missing.
To correct that problem download Mai and copy the Textures folder from there into the Mai patch folder.
You can also copy the assembler folder if you want part of the new self healing of Mai.
But don't copy the Def folder or you loose the tech tree integration.
oh wow wish that kind of info was mentioned at the first page (or i am just blind) cause if it isn't be great if it was cause i doubt i am the only one meeting this problem... but if i am... fml xD

Kitsune

Quote from: Halinder on November 22, 2014, 08:25:54 PM
Hey uh, is there any way you could collaborate with the Mechanical Defense 2 mod maker to make it so the animal genocide event doesn't entirely wipe out every single droid?

As far i know its because they are handled like animals? If the game would allow more races it's possible. It's the same problem with the event where some "human"-colonists get hurt or die and the event effekts "mai" as well, thats wrong because mai is an robot too. :)

So sadly at the moment its impossible i think.

Goldberger

I was playing this mod and it worked like a charm until i got alien ship landing and i lost 3-4 guys because they went mental and well the remaining colonists that i had from the start could not do any crafting things. First i thought the buildings were bugged but when i noticed they don't even haul potatoes to food dispenser there is something wrong. I did save and closed the game and restarted it and still the same thing.

Something broke the game all of sudden just when i had almost everything researched :(

Question, is that damn oil extraction manually done only? i tried to put conveyor belts and still no oil. Same with the damn water well, so frustrating to manually click it every time because i got hands full always and doing micro managing is not really what i'm up to :D

Going to make new map, find a good location and roll good guys again and test again. But damn i love this mod. could use some minor improvements but overall very nice work on all of these mods :D

Just hope that the wall lamps will be added to vanilla too.

Kitsune

Quote from: Goldberger on November 25, 2014, 06:18:43 PM
I was playing this mod and it worked like a charm until i got alien ship landing and i lost 3-4 guys because they went mental and well the remaining colonists that i had from the start could not do any crafting things. First i thought the buildings were bugged but when i noticed they don't even haul potatoes to food dispenser there is something wrong. I did save and closed the game and restarted it and still the same thing.

Yep the AI-Ship can ruin the day sometimes. ^^ But the mod is not to blame for that, its a vanilla event. For the crafting, are the remaining colonists in the crafting skill high enough? Have they crafting enabled? The same go's for the hauling, is there hauling enabled? And trie to set the hauling higher in priority and maybe they are some colonists they because of background story simply can not haul anything?  :)

Quote from: Goldberger on November 25, 2014, 06:18:43 PMSomething broke the game all of sudden just when i had almost everything researched :(

Broke the game? in what way? With the hauling problem or another problem?

Quote from: Goldberger on November 25, 2014, 06:18:43 PMQuestion, is that damn oil extraction manually done only? i tried to put conveyor belts and still no oil. Same with the damn water well, so frustrating to manually click it every time because i got hands full always and doing micro managing is not really what i'm up to :D

Yep its manually only, dont know exactly but in my memory's their is maybe an automatic oil extractor? Dont 100% exactly know if its right. With the water well, try the moistor umbrella or how the name is. xD They are automatet.

Quote from: Goldberger on November 25, 2014, 06:18:43 PMGoing to make new map, find a good location and roll good guys again and test again. But damn i love this mod. could use some minor improvements but overall very nice work on all of these mods :D

Just hope that the wall lamps will be added to vanilla too.

Good luck with the search for a good map. ^.^ Yep i'm also in love with this mod one reason why i put work in the old compatibility patches for other mods i have done for the mod. I agree with you the wall lamps are really cute. ;D But i think its not from TTM, its from the Clutter-Mod and they take a bit to mutch energy... but thats i think my taste. ;)

Goo Poni

After, I think, the Biotechnology research, you'll unlock the Oil Refinery which can replace a pump. This provides you power AND refined oil which is produced at regular intervals and spat out automatically by the Refinery. Put three or four oil generators in a + shape with an oil drum in the middle and have some people dedicated to hauling to keep on top of the Refinery's production and you can produce a hefty amount of power. If you can't be arsed with moving the oil around so much, build the little oil generators right in front of the refinery and then you can set an oil drum right on top of the spot that the Refinery would spit out oil. This fuels the generators pretty much infinitely.

Goldberger

Thanks for the answers. Yeah i had crafting enabled, it was the first thing i checked and one of the guys was my main crafter with skill of 18 or 19 so it should have enough skill, i think others had pretty high too so they should have crafted the lower end stuff that i put on bills to test out if the high crafter had just personal issues or something :D

And what i mean by broke the game is that hauling stopped to hoppers for my dispenser. Hauling was enabled and i had 5k food in stock. So i had 3 guys with lots of things they should have been doing but they were just idle. I think growing still worked out of the few things and they moved bodies to graves too but that was about it. Did not test much because i was irritated with not working because i had just mined a whole mountain full of rooms i was going to move my base in.

Damn Oil Refinery replaces pump, i tought it just refined the oil that i manually had to get. I really need to test out that.

Well now off to test the moisture thing and oil refinery and hopefully things work out. Love the game and really these mods that are out here for this game are just so fun.

Kitsune

@Goldberger: Hm maybe something blocks the way that the hauler dont can reach it? or you have disable the food in the hoppers? This are the two things that i think about. :) And they where idle and have nothing they do? Thats strange. ???

Goldberger

Quote from: Kitsune on November 26, 2014, 07:34:59 AM
@Goldberger: Hm maybe something blocks the way that the hauler dont can reach it? or you have disable the food in the hoppers? This are the two things that i think about. :) And they where idle and have nothing they do? Thats strange. ???

Well i deleted the game so can't test it out anylonger. There was a free path from stockpile to hoppers and hoppers were disabled on medical stuff only because its enabled on default. They did bring food to hoppers at start and everything was working good until the ship came and psychic stuff affected my guys. Everything just was a mess at then but when i got the ship destroyed then i noticed that game was not working anylonger. I made stockpile bigger too because it was full and still did not help at all.

Well i just hope this was a single time thing because the game has been working really good and this is first time i ever had any problems. Well i'm off to make new seed and find perfect base location. Damn found one spot but can't find out the seed of that map and the spot has a colony now even without savegames etc.

Kitsune

Ah ok. ^.^ So i hope for you its only single time problem and never show up again. :3

Goldberger

Quote from: Kitsune on November 26, 2014, 08:30:02 AM
Ah ok. ^.^ So i hope for you its only single time problem and never show up again. :3

Yeah it seems to be a single time problem. This time i had a larger base with more buildings and everything worked like a charm. Colony was tough destroyed with a pirate attack, had too little men against so many and of course the solar flare came at the same time so turrets did not work at all.

I really was enjoying now that oil refinery automaticly pumps the oil and i could use teleporter to transport into my mountain base. Too bad the electricity can't be teleported inside a mountain base the same way :D Really the power was starting to be an issue and for some strange reason there was no geothermal spots, could be just they all were inside mountains.

Just hope alpha 8 comes out soon and then people do amazing mods for this game. I just hope tynan adds some stuff from mods what people made for that game. Adding just too much stuff gets the game confusing and could add too much micro managing what is not really good in this game when you got large base.

Darkfirephoenix