[1.0] Androids - The ultimate manpower solution

Started by ChJees, September 16, 2017, 06:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torann

As far as the traits thing, for my mod I'm going to flip how abilities are learned - instead of all abilities learned by default, I'm going to make it so abilities are learned randomly when the trait is assigned and only in special cases will all abilities get learned.  That should help a bit, though it still bypasses a lot of the difficulty intended in getting special traits, regardless of which trait it is.  I'm also guilty of having my androids be mages  ::)  I think it will also help diversify which spells the AI will use if they don't have the full complement... they seem to have their 'goto' abilities, but if you have pointers on how I can make AI ability choice more random, I'm all ears.  ;D

Canute

Or maybe since you allready said, printed pawn's are OP, no traits for them.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on January 17, 2018, 02:10:29 AM
Or maybe since you allready said, printed pawn's are OP, no traits for them.

I'm always down for more options for the player to choose. I say, give the player the list of all traits they have available to them in game, and just give them a check box beside each one, if it should be available for everyone, or only humans, only androids, etc.

Canute

Just a question,
Droid repair kits only replenish coolant at Andoids but don't repair anything ?
They work fine at Droids, but not well on Androids.

ChJees

Quote from: Canute on January 19, 2018, 07:09:16 AM
Just a question,
Droid repair kits only replenish coolant at Andoids but don't repair anything ?
They work fine at Droids, but not well on Androids.

Working as intended.
Working as a Cure All for Droids.
Working as a coolant refill for Androids.

Canute

Ok, but please mention this at the description at the next update please.

Edixo

First off, I absolutely love this mod. Droids are awesome, and the Androids are fun to play around with.

I have a small request. It would be really cool to be able to "awaken" a droid by installing an AI Persona Core in it, removing the restrictions on social, art, and research, essentially granting it self awareness. Have the operation require something like 10 Medical or 10 Research.
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

Madman666

Thats an interesting request)) Since it requires quite significant skills and expenses, if you decide to go through with this, it probably should give droid a significant skills boost, maybe some burning passions too))

Edixo

It could be randomly generated passions, along with traits. Like the way it's done in the Children and Pregnancy mod.
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

nbielinski

Sooo I'm not sure if anyone reads recommendations for the mod but I'd have to say, against my fears of this being simply a fetish mod (no offence to anyone producers/consumers of this mod included) it turned out to be just what I was looking for, a nice new mod to fill the space that Expanded Industry Droids left out. As someone who loves mixing and matching sci-fi and period-specific mods, this fits perfectly with my Nuclear-Age-Industrial-Colonies just fine. Thank you for all your hard work!

Canute

ChJees,
what do you think to give Androids an option to eat ?
Or at last an option that they search for energy before they search for food.
I tryed Smarter food selection mod, with "no food" policy, but they still eat before they looking for energy.

dorakath

Theoretically speaking, is it possible for your android colony to reverse engineer Vanometric power cell and design compact reactor, small enough to fit inside chest, that would work as a infinite energy source  ::)

Harry_Dicks

Alexander_Lem

ChJees,
There's a minor issue with faction colors:
If there's two outlander factions present - they're using the same color scheme as android enclaves and the latter become really hard to find.
I know it can be fixed through simple xml tweak, but i think it would be nice to have separate colors for android factions as a stock option for mod.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Alexander_Lem on January 26, 2018, 09:05:06 AM
ChJees,
There's a minor issue with faction colors:
If there's two outlander factions present - they're using the same color scheme as android enclaves and the latter become really hard to find.
I know it can be fixed through simple xml tweak, but i think it would be nice to have separate colors for android factions as a stock option for mod.

I've had this issue as well, and I only allow 1 outlander and 1 android faction, through RF - Faction Control. They aren't always similar, but sometimes they look like they are virtually the same color, as far as I can tell.