[1.0] Smokeleaf Industry v1.14a

Started by larSyn, September 20, 2017, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larSyn

Quote from: RyanRim on December 02, 2017, 05:10:55 AM
After shooting zeds in GoT world, it surely is relaxing to do drug trafficking now. 5/5 mod.

:)

Quote from: Ozymandias on December 02, 2017, 11:10:46 PMNever mind, I may have reacted prematurely. I'm seeing some of the products mentioned here and there. I guess the tab itself isn't utilized until further down the tree.

Yeah the tab doesn't really fill up until most of the stuff is researched.  I could have added the floors to it too, but it seemed better to leave them where they are.  And I have at least one more thing I want to add to it (I'm sure I'll think of more too). 

As for the VG stuff, the patch will work if you have VG installed automatically.  If not, all the VG patches get ignored.  This is all thanks to Nightinggale's ModCheck.  Super useful tool.  And the various recipes for SI stuff added to VG benches were placed where they made the most sense (ie. Brownies and Cookies get baked in the Oven. Candy, smoothies, and de-energy drink are made at the Sweets Table.  Fabric at the Loom, etc...)  I wanted to make as much use of VG as possible, including the benches.  The changelogs list all the changes and where to make things.  Maybe I'll make a graphic explaining those changes at some point.

Quote from: RyanRim on December 03, 2017, 03:33:03 AMVery much more useful than trimming at crafting spot.

And trimming gets faster and better returns as you progress.   

RyanRim

Quote from: larSyn on December 03, 2017, 10:03:28 AM

Quote from: RyanRim on December 03, 2017, 03:33:03 AMVery much more useful than trimming at crafting spot.

And trimming gets faster and better returns as you progress.

Yea but bugs me that you cant make hash without high enough crafting skill (same for the big bulk trimming). For the start of my colony I never use EdB so I always end up with bad crafting pawns. Then I gave some gun projects to two of my pawns with 7 crafting skill and now I have half the colony working on the production. I try to stop my own colony from smoking the joints too much, but I got lots of addicts so yea. I have a messed up industry.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

larSyn

Quote from: RyanRim on December 04, 2017, 07:44:05 AMYea but bugs me that you cant make hash without high enough crafting skill (same for the big bulk trimming). --- I have a messed up industry.

I'll take a look into the crafting requirements.  I wanted things to progress with your pawns abilities, but if that isn't working so well, I may try and re-balance them.  If I change anything it'll be in the next update.  Thanks for the feedback!

RyanRim

Quote from: larSyn on December 05, 2017, 07:33:53 AM
Quote from: RyanRim on December 04, 2017, 07:44:05 AMYea but bugs me that you cant make hash without high enough crafting skill (same for the big bulk trimming). --- I have a messed up industry.

I'll take a look into the crafting requirements.  I wanted things to progress with your pawns abilities, but if that isn't working so well, I may try and re-balance them.  If I change anything it'll be in the next update.  Thanks for the feedback!

I wouldnt be so SMOKED about this if the the mod would enROLL a skill improvement for pawns when they trim the plants. For me they dont imrpove crafting skill, maybe its a bug, cause sometimes they also dont use seed amount correctly when making milk etc.

Excuse me for them puns :p

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

larSyn

Quote from: RyanRim on December 05, 2017, 08:46:17 AMI wouldnt be so SMOKED about this if the the mod would enROLL a skill improvement for pawns when they trim the plants. For me they dont imrpove crafting skill, maybe its a bug, cause sometimes they also dont use seed amount correctly when making milk etc.

Excuse me for them puns :p

Consider it done.  That's something that should have been happening anyway.  Never seen the seed thing myself...I'll look into that too.  Again, thanks for the feedback!  And the puns weren't bad.   :)

I'm getting to a point where an update is going to be ready, so keep an eye for it in the next few days.  Mostly bug fixes, balancing, and adding support for Architect Icons and Mod Sync Ninja.  Oh and all the patches have been re-written to be as fast as posssible for now, thanks to Nightinggale's tests.  And maybe one new item....

Crow_T

I've been a bit hesitant to try this mod because of the hugeness of it, but I gotta admit it's pretty damn intriguing... Looks like I'm starting a new colony when this update drops  ;D
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

larSyn

Smokeleaf Industry
Updated to B18-v1.7

See OP for details.

Quote from: Crow_T on December 05, 2017, 06:51:05 PM
I've been a bit hesitant to try this mod because of the hugeness of it, but I gotta admit it's pretty damn intriguing... Looks like I'm starting a new colony when this update drops  ;D

It's a bit on the big side, but I think it makes sense as you play through it.  Think of it as an EPOE for smokeleaf...lol.  Hope you like it!  And I'm always open to feedback.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on December 06, 2017, 12:58:03 PM
This mod really bakes the cake  ;D

:)

Crow_T

Very cool, I was just on your Github page today checking out the new commits- I look forward to replacing my Flake biz with something less skeevy haha
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

RyanRim

The update rocks, thank you so much, but I guess cause of the stat edits and skill gains its not compatible midgame? Well it would be but I have like 3 acres of land under smokeleaf and its warehouses  ;D

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

kaptain_kavern

w00t, having my name in changelog I feel compelled to use your mod now ;-D

Not that I have to be forced that much for anything smokeleaf related though ;-D

JinxVanAshke

I greatly thank you for this mod as it is the first mod to actually make my wife watch me play this game, both of us being in the industry it was highly entertaining to see. The art is bang on though if do kind of wish the art on the growing Smokeleaf had a bit more variety of looks for strains (100% a personal thing on my part.) My wife actually runs the machine room and the triminator looks super similar to yours though hers is smaller and for bucked smokeleaf and yours is one that you feed the entire plant into.

I had a few suggestions/questions but on further pondering, they would all be to keep the complexity down. (A small for example. There is a marked difference between machine trimmed Smokeleaf and Hand trimmed Smokeleaf. In the current economy where I live it is a difference of 4-6 dollars a gram vs 12-15 dollars a gram. Machine trim also is more likely to be used for cooking and extraction. I can see why you would not include such a thing though it would be cool to me.)

Sliderpro

I think I might get arrested in Russia for downloading something like that lmao

larSyn

Quote from: Crow_T on December 07, 2017, 05:41:19 PM
Very cool, I was just on your Github page today checking out the new commits- I look forward to replacing my Flake biz with something less skeevy haha

;D  haha good luck with your business ventures!

Quote from: RyanRim on December 08, 2017, 09:38:16 AM
The update rocks, thank you so much, but I guess cause of the stat edits and skill gains its not compatible midgame? Well it would be but I have like 3 acres of land under smokeleaf and its warehouses  ;D

No problem.  Took a while to get the skill stats working somewhat fairly and some things couldn't be adjusted (single drug recipes).  There may be more tweaking in the future.  The biggest help is having your materials close to your benches and bulk recipes.  Even at a moderate distance, the vanilla skill degradation would negate the gains before the pawns got back to the bench...  And it should have worked mid-game.  I didn't have problems with my test colony, but if you did, sorry about that.  :(

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on December 08, 2017, 10:58:52 AM
w00t, having my name in changelog I feel compelled to use your mod now ;-D

Not that I have to be forced that much for anything smokeleaf related though ;-D

Thanks for your testing and examples!  Between you and Nightinggale, I'm learning a lot lately.  If you happen to take a look at my patches, feel free to let me know if there are any ways to improve.  Hope you like the mod!

Quote from: Sliderpro on December 08, 2017, 04:34:31 PM
I think I might get arrested in Russia for downloading something like that lmao

:o  be careful!

Quote from: JinxVanAshke on December 08, 2017, 11:54:20 AM
I greatly thank you for this mod as it is the first mod to actually make my wife watch me play this game, both of us being in the industry it was highly entertaining to see. The art is bang on though if do kind of wish the art on the growing Smokeleaf had a bit more variety of looks for strains (100% a personal thing on my part.) My wife actually runs the machine room and the triminator looks super similar to yours though hers is smaller and for bucked smokeleaf and yours is one that you feed the entire plant into.

I had a few suggestions/questions but on further pondering, they would all be to keep the complexity down. (A small for example. There is a marked difference between machine trimmed Smokeleaf and Hand trimmed Smokeleaf. In the current economy where I live it is a difference of 4-6 dollars a gram vs 12-15 dollars a gram. Machine trim also is more likely to be used for cooking and extraction. I can see why you would not include such a thing though it would be cool to me.)

I was hoping someone who actually worked in the industry would see this!  I used my local dispensary as reference for everything in the mod, and the small triminator was the inspiration for the autotrimmer!  ;D  I just wanted something big and bulky for the game.  And, yeah, I know the machine trim is worse, but I thought, for gameplay reasons, having the big honkin machine produce more was more fun. 

As for strains, I have artwork for 3 done.  I've been meaning to replace the vanilla plant with one for awhile now, so thank you for reminding me, it's on the list now.  My original plan was to have 3 strains (indica, sativa, and a hybrid), but it seemed like it would be a bit too much stuff and, for people who aren't already familiar with them, confusing.  The idea has been floating around in my head still, and I think I may make a separate add-on for the other strains for people who might want to use it. 

Really happy to hear you and the Mrs. enjoyed the mod!  Feel free to leave suggestions anytime!

Vlad0mi3r

Because this Mod is so big and awesome by the way. Having extra bits as add-on's is not the worst Idea.

Like the food side of things I just don't get into. Everything else I use.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503