[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Honestly I haven't tried it, but I can't think of a reason why they shouldn't work together..

@Simulacrum0: I'm also not sure. I think MD2 also uses pawns, but can you draft them? If you can draft them it should theoretically work for them too.. But I didn't test it, so I'm not 100% sure about it.

Simulacrum0

yes you can draft MD2 droids but trying to set as a group gives "no drafted colonists found"

Haplo

Hmm, yes, that may be a Problem. When the droids aren't found in the Find.FreeColonists then the positioning has no way to find them as valid pawns. Hmm...

BMS

Quote from: Haplo on June 16, 2015, 06:13:53 AM
Hmm, yes, that may be a Problem. When the droids aren't found in the Find.FreeColonists then the positioning has no way to find them as valid pawns. Hmm...
pretty sure md2 turned the droids into a race last update - maybe your find friendly on the tac computer would work on find droids?
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

JerryBi

I constructed MAI with all upgrades.
I noticed that MAI Icon (EDB interface mod) become red so i clicked on computer terminal and i see there "go sleep".  And she used bed to "recharge"  (i dont built recharge stations at that moment)  - Is it supposed to be so?

Haplo

No, normally she would go to her recharge station. But the go to sleep function is made for pawns and dont care of the kind of bed available.
It's a bit of an exploit right now, that can be used in that case. Maybe I'll do something about it, maybe not.. we'll see, but thanks for the report :)

nmid

Works great...
Ran the MAI + Misc-High Res + Core.. and it loaded fine.

Just curious, I'm seeing this yellow error in the debug log with a number of mods..

Config error in Bullet_RailgunMK1: Bullet_RailgunMK1 ends with a numerical digit, which is not allowed on ThingDefs.
Config error in Gun_RailgunMK1: Gun_RailgunMK1 ends with a numerical digit, which is not allowed on ThingDefs.

However it seems to work fine...
What does this error actually mean?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Haplo

Yes, I'm sorry that's a small something I've missed. My def for the Railgun has a 1 at the end. RimWorld doesn't like that and complains, but still runs without problems.
I have a fixed version ready and will probably update this today or tomorrow.
Unfortunately then, if you already have a railgun, it may result in an savegame crash..
But as it's hard to get a railgun, I'm hopefull, that ist not too problematic.

nmid

Nah, no worries.

I have a lot of other mods that have the same thing.
Just wanted to make sure it won't lead to my computer melting down a few days hence...
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Haplo

Update:
-The messages for the railgun are fixed
-The graphics for the WeaponBases are updated
-The treasures of the Anomaly / Ruins incidents are updated

Caution: Because of the Railgun update this update is NOT savegame compatible!

You can make the old savegame compatible like this:
Open your savegame-file:
RimWorld->Options->Open save data folder->Open the file ..\Saves\YourSavegameName.rws with Notepad++ or something similiar
->Search for: Gun_RailgunMK1
->Replace everything with: Gun_RailgunMKI

->Search for: Bullet_RailgunMK1
->Replace everything with: Bullet_RailgunMKI

->Save changes
->Play

Simulacrum0

"A trader was harmed he blames you" so its my fault he comes to the coolest place on the planet in a awful cloth parka and his min comfortable tep is -3f, its -90f out.

Wivex

I can't figure out how to recharge cleaning/hauling bots in alpha 11 version. Bots just keep dying from non resting even if i have recharge stations and power. MAI droids recharge normally.

Simulacrum0

Incident: Rumor of Ruins
can you make this work the same way Incident: Anomaly detected does i had a man-hunter pack show up and right after i got a Rumor, having the mission pop up over and over mid battle and during the aftermath was no help. have it work from a event note and the tac computer.

falcongrey

Quote from: Simulacrum0 on June 18, 2015, 06:38:08 PM
"A trader was harmed he blames you" so its my fault he comes to the coolest place on the planet in a awful cloth parka and his min comfortable tep is -3f, its -90f out.

Some people simply refuse to accept responsibility for their own actions.  ::)
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Haplo

Quote from: wivex on June 20, 2015, 08:16:16 PM
I can't figure out how to recharge cleaning/hauling bots in alpha 11 version. Bots just keep dying from non resting even if i have recharge stations and power. MAI droids recharge normally.
The robots should automatically return to their bases to recharge. The base is their starting object. I know the graphics need some work. They are only placeholders, but the functionality should work, doesn't it?

Quote from: Simulacrum0 on June 20, 2015, 09:42:38 PM
Incident: Rumor of Ruins
can you make this work the same way Incident: Anomaly detected does i had a man-hunter pack show up and right after i got a Rumor, having the mission pop up over and over mid battle and during the aftermath was no help. have it work from a event note and the tac computer.
This is something I unfortunately can't and won't do.
Can't do: It is right now not possible to attach actions to the letters. Because of that I can't attach that to the letter, even If I also wanted to.
Won't do: I won't attach the Ruins to an object. This incident especially I wanted to make it independend from any object. It is a result of a visiting visitor, and not, as in the anomaly, something your scanners found.