[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severik

Ahhh tyvm, now i can geht it to do what i want Ehen im home and make some pretty.....ugly and disturbing graphics. I was confused because the "about" in the extension said to look in the assembly for the worktags..

Haplo

Hermit

EDIT: Fixed in 13.1d
Quote from: Haplo on April 20, 2016, 04:39:12 AM
Sorry, that looks like a memory overflow somehow caused by the graphic I use. I know of a memory overflow when you're using the first EdB mod, but it looks like the robots may also be a problem child?

I have an idea what MAY cause that, but I'm not 100% sure as I can't repro it here on my computer :(

The mentioned fix is integrated in the attached file. Can you replace your mod with this version and try it again?
If it still doesn't work, can you please zip and attach the savegame you have problems with?
Please tell me if it's working or if not.
Thank you.

0131b no change. Still crashes.
I do have EdBModOrder and EdBColonistBar, but per your comments I disabled the colonist bar and tried again. No change.
To further isolate the problem, I created a world with just Core + MiscCore + Robots. Same crash.
Save attached. Let me know if I didn't include enough files in the zip.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Severik

Quote from: Haplo on April 20, 2016, 09:03:31 AM
This is an extract from the rimworld assembly ;)
U know where I was looking? Inthe frikkin robots assembly........well, there aren't so much assemblies that u could have ment.....i could've  found it if I werent toolazy....

Hermit

It's only that easy with Growing, as that needs the same WorkTags.
If you use something else, you need to find out which worktags it uses (see in Core/WorkTypes.xml) and calculate the needed number.

Here are the available numbers. Add the numbers you need and insert the result in the WorkTag field.
[Flags]
public enum WorkTags
{
None = 0,
Intellectual = 2,
ManualDumb = 4,
ManualSkilled = 8,
Violent = 16,
Caring = 32,
Social = 64,
Scary = 128,
Animals = 256,
Artistic = 512,
Crafting = 1024,
Cooking = 2048,
Firefighting = 4096,
Cleaning = 8192,
Hauling = 16384,
PlantWork = 32768,
Mining = 65536
}

For example: Mining needs the tags Mining and ManualSkilled -> 65536 + 8 -> The needed WorkTag number is 65544.

So if a person were so inclined, they could purchase themselves a fleet of do-anything quad-copters with...
0+2+4+8+16+32+64+128+256+512+1024+2048+4096+8192+16384+32768+65536 = 131070  ?
On second thought, you might want to leave out some things like violent since they can't equip weapons and armor.

Haplo

Quote from: Hermit on April 20, 2016, 02:02:51 PM
Quote from: Haplo on April 20, 2016, 04:39:12 AM
Sorry, that looks like a memory overflow somehow caused by the graphic I use. I know of a memory overflow when you're using the first EdB mod, but it looks like the robots may also be a problem child?

I have an idea what MAY cause that, but I'm not 100% sure as I can't repro it here on my computer :(

The mentioned fix is integrated in the attached file. Can you replace your mod with this version and try it again?
If it still doesn't work, can you please zip and attach the savegame you have problems with?
Please tell me if it's working or if not.
Thank you.

I do have EdBModOrder and EdBColonistBar, but per your comments I disabled the colonist bar and tried again. No change.
To further isolate the problem, I created a world with just Core + MiscCore + Robots. Same crash.

Thanks, I'll look into it, but unfortunately it will take a few days since the next days are family only days as there is a big birthday. So, please be patient with me. :)

Dragoon

I cant get this to work. So far I've tried putting compatibility thing it and the end of the Misc, and and the end of my mod load order and It results in a screen either covered in dirt or with nothing but rocks. No pawns, no animals, no trees.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Nebbeh

So how can I make the hauler bot do several things? Tried to edit the def to:

<passionLevel>0</passionLevel>
      <startingSkillLevel>6</startingSkillLevel>
      <enhancedAI>false</enhancedAI>
      <workTag>85000</workTag>
      <workTypeDefs>
         <li>ManualSkilled</li>
         <li>Crafting</li>
         <li>Hauling</li>
         <li>Mining</li>
         <li>Cooking</li>
      </workTypeDefs>

But gives me error ingame.
Could not resolve cross-reference to Verse.WorkTypeDef named ManualSkill.
Cannot call itemFromXmlFile with resolveCrossRefs=true while loading is already in progress.

Haplo

The WorkTypeDefs MUST be one of the defs in the WorkType folder.
As there isn't a def named ManualSkilled it is not a surprise you get that error.
Try Cleaning or something else from there instead. :)

Quote from: Dragoon on April 20, 2016, 03:33:30 PM
I cant get this to work. So far I've tried putting compatibility thing it and the end of the Misc, and and the end of my mod load order and It results in a screen either covered in dirt or with nothing but rocks. No pawns, no animals, no trees.
Sorry but can you tell me what you want to do?
The patches are only for when you have the other mods also active. THEN the patch needs to be loaded LAST.
Which patch do you want to add? Only the Prepare Carefully patch, then load Prepare Carefully, then the Miscellaneous stuff and then the Patch as the last one. Then it should work..

Nebbeh

Is only 1 worktype availible for each bot?

Added the numbers, but as soon as I start the bot all worktypes gets disabled.

Haplo

Quote from: Hermit on April 20, 2016, 02:02:51 PM

Ok, I've found a bit of free time for now and removed the part that crashes on your machine.
Strangely it doesn't crash on my side..

Quote from: Nebbeh on April 20, 2016, 04:05:33 PM
Is only 1 worktype availible for each bot?

Added the numbers, but as soon as I start the bot all worktypes gets disabled.

Multiple worktypes should be possible.
Your error looks like a wrong number in the WorkTags..
Can you tell me which number you've set?

Nebbeh

curufinwes

When there is a party or a wedding my robots start spitting out errors in the log. I forgot to take a screenshot last time. But i'll make one next time i have a party :)

Haplo

You've only activated Mining, Hauling, Cooking and Mining.
When you take a look into the workdefs you'll find something else in there.
For example the hauling:
  <WorkTypeDef>
    <defName>Hauling</defName>
    <labelShort>Haul</labelShort>
    <pawnLabel>Hauler</pawnLabel>
    <gerundLabel>Hauling</gerundLabel>
    <description>Carry things to where they need to be.</description>
    <verb>Haul</verb>
    <naturalPriority>300</naturalPriority>
    <alwaysStartActive>true</alwaysStartActive>
    <requireCapableColonist>true</requireCapableColonist>
    <workTags>
      <li>ManualDumb</li>
      <li>Hauling</li>
    </workTags>
  </WorkTypeDef>

As you see Hauling needs the worktag Hauling AND the worktag ManualDumb.
Try the number 85004.

Quote from: curufinwes on April 20, 2016, 04:37:57 PM
When there is a party or a wedding my robots start spitting out errors in the log. I forgot to take a screenshot last time. But i'll make one next time i have a party :)
Thanks for the info. Can you post the output_log.txt if you encounter the error again, please? The info in there is better readable than what is displayed ingame :)

Nebbeh