[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galleg

Ok I'll try to find out the problem. Thanks for the feed back

Hiztaar

There is a problem with training targets....

It works with... Grenades and molotov coctails. Meaning visitors come, play with the targets and destroy half of my colony (and the training targets). Is that possible to forbid explosive weapons ?
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

Nanao-kun

Haplo

Quote from: Hiztaar on April 26, 2016, 01:01:56 PM
There is a problem with training targets....

It works with... Grenades and molotov coctails. Meaning visitors come, play with the targets and destroy half of my colony (and the training targets). Is that possible to forbid explosive weapons ?

Hehe, I find that hillarious. This was most likely a hidden sabotage attempt *g*
Ok, I've prevented the joy activity for grenade users. But.. I haven't disabled it for rocket launchers! ;-P

Quote from: Nanao-kun on April 26, 2016, 03:57:49 PM
AI rebellion! :P

Yeah, sorry about that, but for some reason I can't prevent the talking of the robots.. I've tried, but they still do.. :(

Rock5

Ideally robots should be neutral towards all colonists. Colonists on the other hand can like or hate robots. Is it possible to make robots neutral to all colonists all the time?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Severik

it looks like something about the Robots is causing errors when im trying to start a new colony..... i already redownoaded all mods but nothing changed, worked fine with the last verson

Haplo

Can you post your output_log.txt file with the error please? There the error messages are shown in detail.
You can find it in the RimWorldXXX_Data folder.

hoochy

I like the MAI and robots mod. The problem with MAI is they are so much better than the humans and you really have no reason to have humans around once you can get robots. This is mainly a problem with the base game though in my opinion, more than the robot stuff. Maybe requiring the AI bots to have tremendous power usage while "Resting" would somehow balance them out a bit.

Do the nanorepair things ever do anything? I have robots that have "issues" but they never seem to get repaired though the repair box is next to their bed. If I click them to go to a hospital bed it says "not injured" when clearly they have "issues".

Also I found the recharge beds at 220% rest are great for the humans!

Rock5

Quote from: hoochy on April 27, 2016, 05:30:12 AM
I like the MAI and robots mod. The problem with MAI is they are so much better than the humans and you really have no reason to have humans around once you can get robots.
I remember the time after all the humans left the colony I continued playing with just MAIs. That was a laugh. From then on the robots never allowed any more humans to join the colony. It was strictly all robots. They still sometimes captured prisoners but always released them.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Haplo

Do the nanorepair things ever do anything? I have robots that have "issues" but they never seem to get repaired though the repair box is next to their bed. If I click them to go to a hospital bed it says "not injured" when clearly they have "issues".
Can you tell me what issues they have? The nanorepair should activate the chance to repair lost limbs.
Normal issues like wounds should be repaired by MAI herself.
If something here isn't working that would be a bug..

hoochy

Quote from: Haplo on April 27, 2016, 07:31:53 AM
Can you tell me what issues they have? The nanorepair should activate the chance to repair lost limbs.
Normal issues like wounds should be repaired by MAI herself.
If something here isn't working that would be a bug..

Material Analyser *destroyed*

Another one had battery destroyed I think. Should these be repairable? How does the nanothing work exactly? I assumed you just placed it next to a bed and it automatically repaired them whilst sleeping.

Haplo

If you have plasteel in it, (it works like a hopper) then there is a 30-50% chance (don't know the numbers right now) for missing limbs like these to regenerate.

Edit: I've added a patch for Misc. MapGenerator AND Crash Landing for those who are interested.

hoochy

Quote from: Haplo on April 27, 2016, 11:22:53 AM
If you have plasteel in it, (it works like a hopper) then there is a 30-50% chance (don't know the numbers right now) for missing limbs like these to regenerate.

Edit: I've added a patch for Misc. MapGenerator AND Crash Landing for those who are interested.

Funny thing is I think I've seen it work in alpha 12 in one of the modpacks, at least the plasteel count went down like it was working. Maybe I was just unlucky recently. So the nanorepair thing, next to a recharge station with plasteel in it, will fix the robot with a 30-50% chance? It doesn't have to be medical bed?

Haplo

No, Mai just needs to stay in bed long enough. There is a timer running..
But.. There was a change in the code for the body part handling, so it can also be, that it doesn't work.. I'm not sure right now..

Exitus

Hey, ive got a problem that my MAI wont be activated, it says its missing resources. In the Details apge it says 1 gold and some plasteel, i have 23 gold and some hudnred plasteel in my storage and didnt change any settings anywhere. Anyone knows the problem?