[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

I have released a test version for now that should work with a16.

BUT there is one incompatibility thats been found right now:
Fluffys WorkTabs don't play nicely with my Robots, so you can only have one mod active. WorkTabs OR Robots. Not both.

coldcell

Quote from: Haplo on January 08, 2017, 03:31:24 PM
I have released a test version for now that should work with a16.

BUT there is one incompatibility thats been found right now:
Fluffys WorkTabs don't play nicely with my Robots, so you can only have one mod active. WorkTabs OR Robots. Not both.

First time using Robots. Do I need to start a totally new game for it?

I load up my save with it enabled, but I don't see the option to get the robots running, or any new research that may have come up.

Edit: Oh this is buyable only? Alright....

etoire

I'm using the Misc. Objects mod and I'm trying to use the nano replicator. It doesn't seem very intuitive. I can't control what goes in it as a material, and I've lost a few supreme guns/valuable equipment to its aggressive nomming. Am I missing a stockpile options page? I don't have any option to choose what goes inside it.

Saving and exiting while the 3d printer is printing seems to clear its memory, too. I was 3D printing an item and save/exited to remove better pathfinding to test something and I checked the printer, it no longer had the item in memory.

Haplo

The printer is normally simple to use, I think:
- set the scanner to only accept the weapon you like to have.
- wait till the weapon is on the scanner (quality doesn't matter)
- Start the printer
- the printer scans the gun and calculates the needed amount of steel
- your colonists will carry the steal to it (it behaves like a stockpile with critical setting)
- the printing starts and uses the steel to build it. Don't disturb it or you may loose steel to the incomplete weapon.
- the output is the weapon in normal quality.

Canute

I think he mean he can force his pawn to haul material to the printer.

Yes this is a bit irritating, the haul priority for the printer is very low, it only get delivered when mort other important haul jobs are done.

And yes, loading mosttime disturb the printing process, but "mosttimes" the material isn't lost when you start a new printing.

FadingFog

Senio

Hello, can someone tell me why I can not activate the cleaning robot?
Do they work at all in version 16?

Dacksi

For me it was when I deactivated the Fluffys WorkTabs Mod. Since then the robots are running.

Fluffy (l2032)

Robots should now work again together with my work tab - just make sure you have the latest version of the work tab.

onerous1

Has anyone has trouble with the archery range? For some reason it doesn't count as a joy object when the game initial prompts you to build one. Could it conflict with other mods that as joy objects such as Additional Joy Objects?

Haplo

UPDATE
Robots and MapGenerator FactionBase was updated.

Robots:
Fixed the healing. Now they heal themselfs again when they are in the recharge station.
Exception are missing parts.
I've also added the russian translation thanks to AlexDeluxe :)

MapGenerator FactionBase:
Here is one big change that makes the creation of your own bases much easier:
I've added a converter -> It converts Fluffy's Blueprint files into MapGenerator FactionBase files.

Here is the extraction from the HowTo file:
- Create your Base in RimWorld (with dev mode) and save it with the Blueprint mod. Export the blueprint!
- Open Blueprint2MapGenConverter. It will automatically try to set your path -> Savegame-folder -> Blueprints folder
- Press 'Select File' and navigate to the exported blueprint file.
- Press 'Convert File'. Now it will convert the data from the blueprint file into the format needed for the MapGeneratorFactionBase blueprints.
  The converted file gets the Prefix 'MapGenerator_'
- Pressing 'Open Folder' will open the Explorer to the folder with the created file.
- Now you have a file where the Buildings and Floors are already set. You just have to change the Name, devName and createdBy and it is usable.
- You should now at least fill out the itemData / itemLegend section or the blueprint doesn't have any items (Not doable via Fluffy's Blueprint).

- Finally upload your finished blueprint to the GitHub-Repository, or post it in the Miscellaneous page on the forum:

The files and HowTo can be found here on the forum or on GitHub:

GitHub:
https://github.com/HaploX1/RimWorld-MapGenBaseBlueprints

Forum:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.msg287726#msg287726

Canute

QuoteException are missing parts.
I hope you can fix that, hauler bot with missing leg(s) isn't that good.
What do you think about you command the robot to eat steel/plasteel to repair missing part.

QuoteThe files and HowTo can be found here on the forum or on GitHub:
Why you don't add them straight to the mod with each release ?
Or do you think people cry about licence/copyright about their blueprint they upload it there to use with your mod ?

Raf's

sooo after my bot got thorn to pieces by a thrumbo the message kept appearing every second lagging my game into FPS hell, are you aware of that bug?

fox_kirya

Russian locale for misc. core: https://yadi.sk/d/0T_h9a4j38DF6K

FadingFog

[Misc. Robots] I updated the translation and corrected a few mistakes. Link -> https://www.mediafire.com/?del6nlw9i4q40zg