[A14d] Rimworld Zombie Apocalypse (v. 1.5 - July 26)

Started by Justin C, May 20, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axel

Quote from: Shinzy on October 02, 2014, 02:38:00 PM
Quote from: Axel on October 02, 2014, 02:22:10 PM
Quote from: Justin C on October 01, 2014, 04:12:45 PM
But I think you guys are going to be happy with this release.
-breathes heavily- are there going to be new things o...o
If it's not gna be a chainsaw imma not be impressed!
at. all.
(Yes I will be, but zombies and chainsaws are just a match made in heaven)

What if they're carrying melee weapons?.... like a chainsaw...

Iwillbenicetou

Man, chainsaw, just ambush your enemies and that will be fun...
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Justin C

The Alpha 7 release and an article about the new features has been posted to ModDB. It should be available for download within a couple of hours. NexusMods will be updated either tonight or tomorrow.

Patch notes:
Quote- The base chance of a pawn being bitten when struck by a zombie has been raised from 16% to 21%.
- Melee skill level now reduces the infection chance by 1% per level. So a colonist with a Melee skill of 0 will have the base 21% chance of being bitten and a colonist with a maxed Melee skill of 20 will have a 1% chance of being bitten.
- Zombies no longer take reduced Melee damage.
- Cutting weapons now deal a base 200% damage to zombies, plus an extra 0-300% depending on Melee skill level.
- Cutting weapons now have a base 25% chance to one-shot Zombies, plus an extra 0-40% chance depending on Melee skill level.
- There is now a "Zombie Infection" disease that infects the area of zombie bites. This disease will have various detrimental effects on a colonist's health, in addition to the usual damage that the infection deals. The Zombie Infection will be visible in the Health tab of any bitten colonist.
- The damage done to colonists by zombie infections has been slowed considerably to compensate for the added health debuffs.
- The red blink damage effect for bitten humans has been removed.
- Any bitten limb can now be amputated, curing the colonist of the infection, but leaving them with a permanent disability. This only applies to infections on limbs and parts that can be removed.

Justin C

All right, the article and download have been approved on ModDB. You can view them here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/rimworld-zombie-apocalypse/news/rimworld-zombie-apocalypse-v-10-release

As I mentioned in the article I now consider this mod feature-complete, so this is being called the 1.0 release.

Dr. Z

Is the zombie bite restricted to outer bodyparts? Because a bit in the kidney or the lung wouldn't make much sense IMO.

Related to other features: I'm really looking forward to the death of my colony to make a new one with zombies!
Prasie the Squirrel!

Shinzy

Aw yeaah!
Okay there may not be chainsaws but.. Zombie leather
Jay C! you are amazing!
that is all
you may go now

Justin C

Quote from: Dr. Z on October 03, 2014, 05:40:09 PM
Is the zombie bite restricted to outer bodyparts? Because a bit in the kidney or the lung wouldn't make much sense IMO.

Related to other features: I'm really looking forward to the death of my colony to make a new one with zombies!
Yeah, it's only outer body parts that get bitten.

Okava

Well...Looks like ive found some problem with the new Alpha 7 Zombie mod. My colonists just Can't see storage areas, it's like nothing more than just a randomly coloured square on the ground. When my colonists have landed, i've tried to gather some supplies AAAaaaaaannnnnnnd That's whan happened

The mods im using are:
Lantern
EdB Prepare Carefully
Surgeon Extended
[T] ConditionRed
[T] ExpandedCloth
[T] MoreBeds
[T] MoreFloors
Practise Target
(obviously) Zompie Apocalypse (v. 1.0)

Does anybody know any compability problems including these mods, or any other solution of such problem?

I tried playing without that mod first, and the issue appeared in a world created After turning on the zombie mode.

Justin C

Quote from: Okava on October 04, 2014, 03:31:48 PM
Well...Looks like ive found some problem with the new Alpha 7 Zombie mod. My colonists just Can't see storage areas, it's like nothing more than just a randomly coloured square on the ground. When my colonists have landed, i've tried to gather some supplies AAAaaaaaannnnnnnd That's whan happened

<image>

The mods im using are:
Lantern
EdB Prepare Carefully
Surgeon Extended
[T] ConditionRed
[T] ExpandedCloth
[T] MoreBeds
[T] MoreFloors
Practise Target
(obviously) Zompie Apocalypse (v. 1.0)

Does anybody know any compability problems including these mods, or any other solution of such problem?

I tried playing without that mod first, and the issue appeared in a world created After turning on the zombie mode.
That's a really weird bug to be having. I don't touch items or stockpiles, so I'm not sure how this could be caused by Zombie Apocalypse.

Just to be sure, your stockpile is configured to allow the item you are trying to haul, right? And if you play the game in developer mode do you get any errors?

I'll have to look into it later to see if I can figure out what is causing it.

Okava

Yes the stockpile was set to be able to hold Everything just to see what will happen but without any results. I didn't even know about something called "development mode", and i've checked it. And, well...im not sure what happened few minutes ago, but the bug disappeared. There are 2 options, pc reboot or launching the game in the development mode (maybe it fixed some things, don't know).
I'm a bit confused about that, but it works fine now so whatever xD Eventually, you probably helped me so thanks a lot :D

Justin C

Quote from: Okava on October 04, 2014, 06:47:24 PM
Yes the stockpile was set to be able to hold Everything just to see what will happen but without any results. I didn't even know about something called "development mode", and i've checked it. And, well...im not sure what happened few minutes ago, but the bug disappeared. There are 2 options, pc reboot or launching the game in the development mode (maybe it fixed some things, don't know).
I'm a bit confused about that, but it works fine now so whatever xD Eventually, you probably helped me so thanks a lot :D
Errors that fix themselves are the worst kind of errors. :P

I'm still going to look into it to see if I can figure out what is causing the problem, but I'm glad you got it working at least.

falloute

When I download in the Zip folder there is nothing in there? What do I do to fix. :(

Justin C

Quote from: falloute on October 04, 2014, 11:48:38 PM
When I download in the Zip folder there is nothing in there? What do I do to fix. :(
It's a 7-Zip file. You will need something that can extract a .7z file.

7-Zip is the best option for Windows users:
http://www.7-zip.org/

If you aren't a Windows user you will have to find an alternative on Google.

falloute

Oh Okay I got 7-Zip and im on windows 7, Thank you. I'll try now.

Kais23

So kinda ran into a problem, not sure if my fault or not:
Just got attacked by raiders and fended them off. Took the bodies away from my base as my crematory had no power atm. I noticed then that there were zombies roaming around the field, so I gathered my colonists up to go kill them but they wouldn't attack. Had them drafted and all were capable of killing, but they just wouldn't fire, even when the zombie was right on top of them. Help?