[1.4] ExtendedInspectData

Started by Varisha, November 03, 2017, 08:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Provide more inspect details for anything else than selected zones?

Yes (community can ask for specific selection details)
No (for zones only)

Varisha

Quote from: Kori on November 06, 2017, 04:18:37 PM
When I want to find a specific item in big stockpile zones I'd like to select it by clicking on the corresponding entry in the list, so I can manually pick it up with my pawns (CE), activate haul urgently (allow tool), check how much time I have left before it starts to rot...
Right now the stockpile zone list tells you that the item is available, but it doesn't help you locating it.

Hm this is difficult:
What i do is summing up all stacks to 1 entry.

If you have 2 stacks (x3 and x75).
Which one is selected when clicking the entry.

Furthermore you need to know that the list you are watching at disappears as soon as you select another thing.
This will break your idea i think.

Kori

And what if clicking the entry selects all stacks of that item at the same time?
That would still help a lot with locating stuff.

Varisha

Quote from: Kori on November 06, 2017, 05:32:54 PM
And what if clicking the entry selects all stacks of that item at the same time?

This is an option yes. Better to draw an additional icon for selecting it or hit the line? Not sure yet how it is done, but i will find a way ^^

Kori

Quote from: Varisha on November 06, 2017, 05:36:24 PM
Quote from: Kori on November 06, 2017, 05:32:54 PM

This is an option yes. Better to draw an addition icon for selecting it or hit the line? Not sure yet how it is done, but i will find a way ^^

Cool, thanks a lot!  :) I don't think an additional icon or button is required, clicking on the line would be sufficient imo.

Varisha

Hi,

i was asked to provide similiar informations for selected barrels and other things. I would like to know if the idea is welcome to extend this mod to show additional details for other selected things than zones.
I started a poll for that. Please vote:

Technicals details:
As I inherit the cores MainWindowTab_Inspect-class I have the possibility to change any inspect details for any selected thing.
As this is the only class to do so I would like to include additional details in this mod. So the naming should then become something like "ExtendedInspectData" rather than "ZoneInspectData", because it can handle many more stuff than zones.

I would gather the ideas of the community and provide frequent feedback about the planned implementation.
For sure if it is too complex i welcome any design ideas as well when requesting new details.

Regards Vari

Modo44

I would suggest adding as much information as you realistically can (without making the UI huge, for example). You can add a selection for various items in the mod options dialog. Some people will want all the info there is while others would choose only certain parts of it.

Varisha

I see. If it is too much different things the option dialog would be good, i agree.

But before starting to add data for all selectable things and figure out on my own what makes sense or not I would like the community to tell me what would be a good extension.

It's not just a mod for me but for all of you, so help me with your ideas :D

Modo44

OK, here's an obvious one: Base weapon stats. I would really like to see the accuracy, shots, damage, DPS, etc. at a glance when a weapon is selected. And if multiple are selected, why not show a simplified weapon stats list sorted by <player selected option>.

kaptain_kavern

Really awesome mod.

thanks for making it

Varisha

Quote from: Modo44 on November 07, 2017, 10:11:39 AM
OK, here's an obvious one: Base weapon stats. I would really like to see the accuracy, shots, damage, DPS, etc. at a glance when a weapon is selected. And if multiple are selected, why not show a simplified weapon stats list sorted by <player selected option>.

Added a "feature request" table in the second post keeping it up to date regarding details and implementation status

Kori

Quote from: Modo44 on November 07, 2017, 10:11:39 AM

+1

Varisha

New Releases:

• ZoneInspectData [A17] (v1.1.17.5 not compatible to A18)
  • ZoneInspectData [A18] (v1.1.18.2 not compatible to A17)

New Feature:
Multiple selection for farm zones:
The mod will display a scrollable list with single entries for each zone.
Each entry contains the name of the plant and the numerical values that are available below the graph for single selection.
It is possible to sort the list by harvestable or fully grown plants (descending only) and it is possible to click a single entry to select the corresponding zone.

Pictures:

Regards Vari

Varisha

New Releases:

• ExtendedInspectData [A17] (v1.1.17.6 not compatible to A18)
  • ExtendedInspectData [A18] (v1.1.18.3 not compatible to A17)

New Feature:
Single/Multiple selection of items to store things:
Adds a scrollable list of entries to the inspect window if one or more items are selected. The list contains an icon, the label and the total number of things stored in the selected item(s).

Changes:
- storage zones: Click on a list entry to select the corresponding items
- storage zones: items without icons are not longer shown at the end of the list, they are inserted according to their name (list is sorted by name).
- Renamed mod to "ExtendedInspectData" as it is handling zones and items to store things

Pictures:

Regards Vari

SpaceDorf

Holy Fork,

thank you for this awesome mod.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Kori