[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Configurable Maps has been updated again:

- If "Cupro's Stones" is in use, that mod's settings will now override this mod's settings regarding number and types of stones in world map tiles.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: dburgdorf on January 20, 2018, 11:57:11 AM
Fertile Fields has been updated:

- Crushed rocks now stack to 25 instead of just 5.

I was playing last night and I have a stockpile tidy mod running. I was hovering over the rock pile stock pile and lo and behold everyone is making stacks of 25. I felt the love I truly did.

Yet again thankyou dburgdorf.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: dburgdorf on January 21, 2018, 11:15:53 AM
Configurable Maps has been updated again:

- If "Cupro's Stones" is in use, that mod's settings will now override this mod's settings regarding number and types of stones in world map tiles.

YEEESSSS!!! You da man! Also I thought you might have missed the dodge post because you responded to others but not that one. No worries, though. It did work to my advantage recently though when I forgot that I had already asked Kiame something and then forgot. Them I reposted it, and the thing got implemented, as he had forgotten too ::)

Madman666

Hey, @dburgdorf I got a strange error, something about reinstalling blueplrint requiring materials. It does mention RFF_Code which is why I thought it might be related to your mod. Can you take a look? I have a lot of mods, so it might be some weird conflict going on. Here's the log:
https://pastebin.com/u1WY326Z

dburgdorf

Quote from: Madman666 on January 22, 2018, 06:16:17 PMHey, @dburgdorf I got a strange error....

Unfortunately, a small snippet from a log file lacking any broader context really doesn't tell me anything beyond, "Oh, hey, he got an error."

You're right that the reference to RFF_Code suggests that it has something to do with "Fertile Fields."  Beyond that, though, all I can say is, nobody else has reported any such errors, so presumably, it's the result of a mod conflict. If you can narrow down which mod FF seems to be conflicting with, and preferably also provide some details regarding what triggered the error, to facilitate attempts to reproduce the problem, then I'll be happy to see if I can track down the cause.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Madman666

Quote from: dburgdorf on January 22, 2018, 06:55:57 PM
If you can narrow down which mod FF seems to be conflicting with, and preferably also provide some details regarding what triggered the error, to facilitate attempts to reproduce the problem, then I'll be happy to see if I can track down the cause.

Yeah, well... I have over hundred mods and disabling each one to see if that solves it to indentify the culprit isn't really a possibility, not to mention most of them break saves upon being disabled. So all i can say its related to workbenches being reinstalled. In short - Medieval Times mod makes some vanilla benches reinstallable and when I designated a butcher table and an electric stove to be reinstalled some other place - I started periodically getting those red errors, that seem to be saying about "nothing to reinstall". When there is no "reinstall" type jobs on the map - no errors. If that error log and this info isn't enough, thats too bad for me I guess. Anyway thank you for taking the time to look at it.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Madman666 on January 23, 2018, 12:57:06 AMIf that error log and this info isn't enough, thats too bad for me I guess. Anyway thank you for taking the time to look at it.

I certainly understand that it's not easy to go through your mod list, especially when you have a lot of mods installed, to try to find out what's causing a problem. And it's entirely up to you whether you have time or inclination to do so. Unfortunately, though, I, like most modders, rely on users to spot and report conflicts. I don't use most of the mods that are available, and to be honest, I don't actually even play "RimWorld" all that much. I just mod for it. So I'm not likely to catch weird conflicts myself. And if a conflict report isn't precise enough that I'm able to reproduce the problem, I can't really do much about fixing it.

That said, I can make a note to grab "Medieval Times," since you suspect that's the mod causing the issue, and see if I can reproduce the misbehavior you're seeing. If I can, then hopefully, I'll be able to see about fixing whatever's going wrong.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Madman666

Quote from: dburgdorf on January 23, 2018, 09:37:22 AM
That said, I can make a note to grab "Medieval Times," since you suspect that's the mod causing the issue, and see if I can reproduce the misbehavior you're seeing. If I can, then hopefully, I'll be able to see about fixing whatever's going wrong.

Yeah, I know that most modders don't really play with a lot of other mods and some even don't play RW that much at all, so I really appreciate your looking into it. Sorry, I couldn't provide more information as I just don't have much time on workdays. I'll check MT and RFF mod compatibility as well once I get home from work. I'll report if I can figure out something worth mentioning.

gipothegip

I have a question regarding the use of "Faction Control".

I appologize if this has been asked previously, but does the precise position on faction base density and nation building make any difference?

I noticed in "Configurable Maps" that it does not appear to be the case, as the description gives definitive values (like 2x vanilla).

To give an example with the nation building option, there's a wide range that fits the description of "tight"; does it just use one set of parameters when set anywhere within that range, or does it actually get a little bit tighter / looser depending on the exact position?

If so, I think the interface should change to reflect a relevant value alongside the description. If not, perhaps the description could reflect this, or the slider could snap to different points rather than be set freely (if that's a possibility).
Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?

Madman666

Ok, I figured out what causes that Blueprint material error I mentioned earlier. It happens because a stove, that I was trying to move to a new spot, at that time was being actively used by a cook, making simple meals. Thus it was reserved by someone and "there were no material" for a blueprint I placed upon issuing reinstall order. I honestly don't know, what it has to do with RFF_Code or why it even mentions part of your mod in that error. As far as I know, all vanilla RW workbenches can be only rebuilt, but not reinstalled, probably to avoid this exact error. So I am sorry I took your time and thanks for answering.

UPD: After some experiments it seems that Medieval Times alone doesn't cause this error - pawns just wait until bench is no longer in use, then move it as they should without any problems. With RFF however game starts throwing aforementioned errors. So I guess you still might want to take a look at it, when you have the time. Steps to reproduce the error:
1) Start the game in dev mode with Medieval Times and Rainbeau's Fertile Fields enabled
2) Spawn any kind of vanilla workbench, easiest of all - simple research bench.
3) Make sure one of your colonists is using it (assign a research project and wait until its in use)
4) Order a reinstall of that same workbench somewhere else and you will get the error after a few moments.

Harry_Dicks

I thought the options in Faction Control were taken from Configurable Maps, so there shouldn't be any overlap? That's how I remember it, but can't check ATM.

Also, good job Madman!

dburgdorf

Quote from: gipothegip on January 24, 2018, 03:06:15 AMDoes the precise position on faction base density and nation building make any difference?

No. I used sliders as they were the most convenient option, but the precise values don't matter.  Until the text display changes as you move the slider, the value's effectively the same.

Quote from: Madman666 on January 24, 2018, 03:27:56 AMOk, I figured out what causes that Blueprint material error I mentioned earlier.

Thanks. I'll look into it when I have a moment and see if I can figure out what's causing it.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

subliminal00

I have an issue where rotted mush duplicates itself at the end of it's decay cycle. If left alone, it would eventually cover the entire map.

Canute

And the mod author got an issue, because he can't see into your PC.
Please post modlist and error log, or use the share log button if you got hugslib installed.

dburgdorf

Quote from: subliminal00 on January 24, 2018, 02:13:25 PMI have an issue where rotted mush duplicates itself at the end of it's decay cycle. If left alone, it would eventually cover the entire map.

Not one other person has ever reported this behavior, so I can only assume it's due to an obscure mod conflict. Track down with which mod "Fertile Fields" seems to be conflicting, and I'll be happy to try to figure out what's going wrong.

(And meaning no disrespect to Canute, unless something in your error log actually says which other mod is involved in the conflict, which is almost certainly not the case, posting your modlist and error log will be of no use to me, as I have neither time nor inclination to run the game with various mod combinations, blindly attempting to reproduce the error you claim to be seeing.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?