[B18] Rainbeau's Mods -- Lots of Stuff! Take a Look!

Started by dburgdorf, November 06, 2017, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on January 14, 2018, 03:49:44 AM
Harry,
just a question, do you know what "quote" means and how to use ?
There is no reason to quote the entry previously post.

Just use quote if you want comment some special content to keep a discussion line.

Don't quote, because the quote button is so nice on top, instead to use the Reply button or the Quick reply field.

I'll quote you all I want, sir. Do you know what "private message" means and how to use ?

Just private message if you want to have a discussion about how I use the forum, so that we can keep the discussion line going here.

Canute

Sorry,
you are maybe right, but there are serveral other too, which don't know to quote, but i bet they arn't reading this anyway.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on January 14, 2018, 03:59:35 AM
Sorry,
you are maybe right, but there are serveral other too, which don't know to quote, but i bet they arn't reading this anyway.

It's okay. When you use a rhetorical question like that, over text at least, it can come off as you kinda calling me out. I know you don't mean to, but I had to fire back :) It's hard to convey emotion over the forum, that's why we have emoticons! To convey, emotion! Things can take on a whole different meaning, whether you put on a smiley face at the end of a sentence or not, as silly as they can be.

Mufflamingo

Omg. Your mods are all that I want. I've been wondering when can I give my pawns actual 'jobs' instead of just using the back stories.
Bleeeee. . . . .

SpaceDorf

Thank you DBurgdorf, for another must have mod.

I wish I was at home and could test it right away
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

wwWraith

I'm afraid that Editable Pawn Titles conflicts with Psychology.
It generates an error on starting RimWorld:

Exception from long event: System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.CharacterCardUtility:DrawCharacterCard_Patch1 (UnityEngine.Rect,Verse.Pawn,System.Action,UnityEngine.Rect): IL_041c: newobj    0x000000f9

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.RuntimeMethodHandle:GetFunctionPointer (intptr)
  at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.GetFunctionPointer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.ILCopying.Memory.GetMethodStart (System.Reflection.MethodBase method) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.PatchFunctions.UpdateWrapper (System.Reflection.MethodBase original, Harmony.PatchInfo patchInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.PatchProcessor.Patch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.<PatchAll>b__6_0 (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.CollectionExtensions.Do[Type] (IEnumerable`1 sequence, System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.PatchAll (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at REPT_Code.REPT_Initializer.Setup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent (System.Boolean& sceneChanged) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

and the window for editing remains vanilla (only field for nickname, without title).
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

dburgdorf

Quote from: wwWraith on January 14, 2018, 06:58:12 AMI'm afraid that Editable Pawn Titles conflicts with Psychology.

OK. I'll take a look. Psychology seems (or at least, this is the impression I've gotten) notorious for conflicting with other mods, though, which is part of the reason I've never used it. :P
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Mufflamingo

Bleeeee. . . . .

dburgdorf

Quote from: Mufflamingo on January 14, 2018, 09:12:14 AMHey btw how do you rename the title?  :o

Just click the button that normally allows you to edit a pawn's nickname, and you'll get a window allowing you to edit both the nickname and the title.

I'll clarify that in the mod's description when I update the mod momentarily. You're already the second to ask. :D

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Editable Pawn Titles has been updated:

- Resolved an incompatibility with "Psychology."

- The mod now works with the "Mod Sync Ninja" updater.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

wwWraith

I was just going to post about what exactly might cause that issue as I thought about it :) Thanks a lot!
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

asquirrel

With the concrete mod, where do I change the option to use another type of stone to make concrete instead of limestone?  All my map has is marble and granite.  Is there a mod menu setting to change this?  Thanks! :)

dburgdorf

Quote from: asquirrel on January 14, 2018, 01:15:58 PMWith the concrete mod, where do I change the option to use another type of stone to make concrete instead of limestone?  All my map has is marble and granite.  Is there a mod menu setting to change this?  Thanks! :)

It's not a configuration option; all you need to do is change what's allowed in the recipe, just as you'd allow/disallow ingredients for any other recipe. :)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

asquirrel

Could you explain how to do that? 

Got it.   Added granite and marble to the recipe defs.  Here's the file in case someone wants it.  Pretty easy, even for me. :)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: asquirrel on January 14, 2018, 01:15:58 PM
With the concrete mod, where do I change the option to use another type of stone to make concrete instead of limestone?  All my map has is marble and granite.  Is there a mod menu setting to change this?  Thanks! :)

I swear I wanna say that I have something downloaded that allows me to make concrete out of any rocks? I thought it was made from clay, crushed rocks, and cement? Or was sand in there? What I remember reading was, "Without this mod, you won't be able to make concrete except with limestone," or something like that. Also, the crushed rock would come from that rock production building we mentioned earlier. Is that Fertile Fields? :o I may not be remembering this correctly...